• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"See you next Devil May Cry": Splash screen hints at new DMC?

Mononoke

Banned
How can they be working on so many projects?

Yeah the only reason I don't think it's the next DMC. But Platinum is working on a lot of stuff. I hope they don't spread themselves too thin. Maybe if it was DMC stuff, it's planned stuff that is a ways out.

ezekial45

Banned
Was this on a higher difficulty? I only got the 'you're not a casual gamer' on Devil Hunter mode. I'm clearing through Dante/Nero story now on SoS, so I'm gonna try to confirm tonight.

I can see a TGS announcement happening. The franchise has been really active. Also, DmC Definitive Edition apparently overperformed sales wise and was a success, and DMC4SE is already looking to eclipse that. So there's plenty of interest in DMC and Capcom style action games, and I think they'd be smart to capitalize on that.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Even though I wasn't the biggest fan of DmC (DE is 3rd best DMC IMO), a DmC 2 directed by Rahni Tucker produced by Itsuno and Tameem as far away from the project as possible would be the most hype. Internal DMC5 would be just as good, though.

But wow, it didn't even take 10 messages for obnoxious DmC shit posting to start. That's gotta be a record.

I greatly enjoyed my time with the game. Played it first on the PS3 and then PC, and what a good game! I had my doubts initially when they revealed that asshole look for Dante several moons ago, but once I played it for myself, I got that it was something really good. That level design and art is also a big plus point. Quite the memorable levels and fun combat as well.

But ofcourse, some people just can't get that it's a very capable action game.

Yeah, that Kamiya tweet is quite out of context.

Anyway, there will be a new DMC (with a capital M), and I can't wait.

Still hope for Itsuno over Kamiya if that was indeed a hint though =X

EyYYhbb.jpg

The plot thickens.

Taking anything Kamiya says on Twitter seriously will only hurt yourself.

Also, DmC Definitive Edition apparently overperformed sales wise and was a success.

Are we talking worldwide or US only? 'Cause I remember hearing it bombed spectacularly in EU territories.

'Course, it would be good if it did do well, though. It was definitely a massive improvement over it's original release.

Dinda

I want Itsuno to make a real Dragon's Dogma sequel! But i would be down for a DMC 5
with Lady as Protagonist

Was this on a higher difficulty? I only got the 'you're not a casual gamer' on Devil Hunter mode. I'm clearing through Dante/Nero story now on SoS, so I'm gonna try to confirm tonight.

I can see a TGS announcement happening. The franchise has been really active. Also, DmC Definitive Edition apparently overperformed sales wise and was a success, and DMC4SE is already looking to eclipse that. So there's plenty of interest in DMC and Capcom style action games, and I think they'd be smart to capitalize on that.

Source on over performing?

Sesha

I wish people wait on making "next DMC" threads until we have actual confirmation. We don't need people getting their hopes up without reason, and we don't need more of DMC-GAF getting banned for trivial reasons.

DMC 5 is happening:
-Verendus
-Itsuno on Capcom Unity stream ("The latest DMC is the best one")

Itsuno was talking about DMC4SE.

I wonder how you make DMC into an f2p online game.

Nirolak
Mrgrgr

Videoneon

Yeah the only reason I don't think it's the next DMC. But Platinum is working on a lot of stuff. I hope they don't spread themselves too thin. Maybe if it was DMC stuff, it's planned stuff that is a ways out.

Well

Star Fox Zero is coming out Holiday 2015.

Platinum's Transformers is coming out this Fall.

Those two are basically being wrapped up, then.

Scalebound, if it hasn't been canned, should be coming out end of 2016 if I had to guess.

So doesn't that only really leave Nier 2, besides Scalebound? one more seems reasonable. Maybe they're only in like a drafting or planning stage, or drawing up legal stuff or something.

Ehh...yeah I'm sort of mixed on the idea. But DMC5 will happen for sure.

Anth0ny

DMC5

Capcom x Platinum Games

come on capcpom everyone is doing it, and this collaboration makes 10000x more sense than any of the others

Hypron

If DMC5 happens it needs to be made by Capcom. Itsuno's done a great job with DMC 3 and 4 (and apparently SE).

Let Platinum and other third parties work on their own games.

Dominator

Purchased this on PSN. I beat the first 3 and got preoccupied while playing DMC4 so I never finished. Can't wait to play again, and hyped if that leads to a 5.

If DMC5 happens it needs to be made by Capcom. Itsuno's done a great job with DMC 3 and 4 (and apparently SE).

Let Platinum and other third parties work on their own games.

Yeah I agree. The only Capcom IP I really want Platinum to tackle is Viewtiful Joe and that's because it's Kamiya's baby. And it just wouldn't be right without him writing.

Sesha

Itsuno on DMC5
Kamiya on DMC2 start-from-scratch edition

DMC5

Capcom x Platinum Games

come on capcpom everyone is doing it, and this collaboration makes 10000x more sense than any of the others

Itsuno on DMC5
Kamiya on Devil Never Cry
Ninja Theory on DmC2
Capcom/Platinum on Bayonetta x DMC
Neo_G on World of Devil May Cry, a spinoff combining mainline Itsuno DMC, Kamiya DMC and Ninja Theory DmC.

FoneBone

Well

Star Fox Zero is coming out Holiday 2015.

Platinum's Transformers is coming out this Fall.

Those two are basically being wrapped up, then.

Scalebound, if it hasn't been canned, should be coming out end of 2016 if I had to guess.

So doesn't that only really leave Nier 2, besides Scalebound? one more seems reasonable. Maybe they're only in like a drafting or planning stage, or drawing up legal stuff or something.

Ehh...yeah I'm sort of mixed on the idea. But DMC5 will happen for sure.

They're doing Project Guard for Nintendo, too. And Scalebound was confirmed for Gamescom a few weeks back.

Platinum doesn't need to make every last fucking stylish action game. 2004 to 2011 was so great because we had Ninja Gaiden 1/2, Devil May Cry 3/4, God of War 2/3, and Bayonetta all made by different teams and they all played differently.

I'll wait patiently for actual confirmation this time. Although the stars certainly seem to be aligning for the industry at the moment, what with TLG, FFVIIr, Shenmue III, a new Fallout soon, Platinum working on everything, Nier 2,Kingdom Hearts III info dropping etc. etc. so I guess a little hope wouldn't go amiss...

Please?

Village

EyYYhbb.jpg

The plot thickens.

I don't want it to thicken

Itsuno's better at doing action game things

Were good, unless he wants to make vietiful joe 3, Then i'm down

DMC5

Capcom x Platinum Games

It actually doesn't because they have the staff that made the last 2, the best ones. One staff.

There is no need to bring in platinum games for this.

Top Bottom