• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Seeing people with Neo-Nazi tattoos in real life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to know a guy who I thought had really cool Norse inspired tattoos. Turns out he was a white supremacist and they were representative of that ideology. Stupid bigots ruined Norse iconology for me.

I recognize the logo there, they call it "Eskimo" here.

220px-Eskimo.svg.png

That company is historically and culturally unaware, it seems. >.>

In Australia it's called streets ice cream

streets-ainthumbs-01.png

nkarafo

Man the SS logo is such a cool professional design compared with the Swastika that Hitler just amateurishly stole. It is just tragic that they ruined slanted lightning shaped Ss for the rest of the next couple of centuries.
The Nazis had very talented people doing their logos/emblems. Their uniforms during WW2 are also the best looking ones compared to any other faction. Especially officer uniforms. They look badass and intimidating. They were designed by a very well known fashion design house after all.

ActWan

This always blew my mind. This guy must have played with plenty of non-white players. But I get it. It's soccer. The sport draws some complete idiots as fans to it. So you know, in his mind and plenty of the fans it's all kosher.

Jewish football players get antisemite slurs from the crowds all the time in Europe
And black and homosexual players get A LOT of stick from the fans in Russia, it's pretty scary

Kuldar

The Nazis had very talented people doing their logos/emblems. Their uniforms during WW2 are also the best looking ones compared to any other faction. Especially officer uniforms. They look badass and intimidating. They were designed by a very well known fashion design house after all.
It's strange that Hugo Boss don't use it as a selling point.

GamerJM

Banned
Don't think I've ever seen this before. I don't usually pay attention to randos' tattoos much though, and I live in the bay area.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I was at an outdoor Smashing Pumpkins concert in Houston, when Evanescence were playing earlier in the day, some guy covered in Nazi tattoos walked up to the barrier and was giving the band Nazi salutes.

I'm from Ireland so had never seen anything like it before, I was shocked that the security guards standing a couple of feet away from him didn't do anything. Whole thing was very surreal.

Tubobutts

8 is a lucky number in China because it's pronounced the same as their word for fortune. 88 is pretty common and means double fortune. My guess is that's the background for the Crazy 88s
although that director is rather fond of using a certain word a lot in his movies.
You think the dude who made a movie about a group of Jews killing Hitler is secretly a nazi?

EYEL1NER

Green and gold.
The one on the left says "Green and Golden." The Paddle Pop on the left though says "Aussie Rainbow" and appears to only be two colors, which is a lot less than most rainbows I've seen. I don't know, maybe it is only something someone from Austrailia would understand.
I guess I'm getting way off-topic though.

My friend is an American of middle Eastern descent and could pass for Italian, Greek, french, etc. We definitely weren't going to bring up religion to him hahaha. But yeah he didn't care.

Whats sort of weird is that while this guy was a self professed neo nazi I don't really think he knew what being a neonazi means. He was also totally fucked up, though not really drunk. He bought us beers because we were friends with the guy In the band and he was kinda talking to the guy In the band and us at the same time, then when they went to mic check or whatever, he's like "lemme buy you guys a round!" And then like 30smlater took his shirt off and showed us his swastika tattoos.

But yeah I wasn't going to stand up for what I believed in at that moment either... Just one of those common moments in life where you share a beer with a friendly coked out neonazi and cut your losses.

Also I sort of wonder whether most people with neonazi tattoos got them while in prison under ... Less than ideal circumstances.

A buddy of mine had small SS lightning bolts tatted just behind the left ear ended up with it for that very reason. He was in prison and broke up a fight between two black prisoners in front of his cell who refused to move it elsewhere when asked (considered highly disrespectful in prison). He shoved them over the rail and they fell from the second floor, getting seriously hurt in the process. Since one of the guys was in a gang, it put crosshairs on him until the Aryan Nation stood up and protected him. He got the tat because they insisted, even though he wasn't about that life. At least it wasn't "Peckerwood" in giant block letters across his beer gut, like this one guy I delivered pizza to once.

Kyonashi

I'm sad about the 88 shit, I always thought it was a cool number as a kid because of Back to the Future :(

Nazi Punks Fuck Off

8 is a lucky number in China because it's pronounced the same as their word for fortune. 88 is pretty common and means double fortune. My guess is that's the background for the Crazy 88s
although that director is rather fond of using a certain word a lot in his movies.

That's always how I've used it and I'm the complete opposite of Chinese.

Alx

Same for designers who incorporate red or blue bandanas into their stuff like it's some kind of fashionable thing without considering what they represent.

Well to be honest I don't know what they represent either. Is it a gang thing ? For most of the world a bandana is just a bandana, it's not really in the same league as nazi symbols (and even then some stuff like 88 may not be common knowledge).

Phil is a weird one. Writes songs about unity and how racism is trash but then gets drunk and yells out white power. I seriously doubt he is a Nazi sympathizer. He's got a big mouth that's for sure.

yeah, there are videos of him happily fist-bumping black people, and hanging out with Kool Keith acting all best buddies.. that's not what neonazis usually do. he's probably just an idiot who can't help being an idiot, especially when drunk.

that white power salute was SO fucking idiotic though, just so pathetic.. he needs therapy or something.

Novocaine

The one on the left says "Green and Golden." The Paddle Pop on the left though says "Aussie Rainbow" and appears to only be two colors, which is a lot less than most rainbows I've seen. I don't know, maybe it is only something someone from Austrailia would understand.
I guess I'm getting way off-topic though.

You are overthinking it mate. Green and Gold are the two colours Australia uses to represent ourselves in sports etc. The one on the right is a mixture of those two colours.

Hjod

Banned
When I was 15 years old or somewhere around there we had alot of Neo-Nazis in Sweden, they had their headquarter in the city I lived in at the time, wouldn't go a day without me seeing them around the city, marching and being cunts.

I fought alot of Neo-nazis in my school days, even had friends join them, buying their Dr.Martens boots and so on.

And they took about every symbol the Vikings had and used them, so you can forget wearing a Thors Hammer or something like that here in Sweden without being labeled as a Nazi.

I often saw a group of Neo-Nazis proudly marching around in their militant get-up with boots and bomber jackets but I don't think they had any tattoos yet at the time since they were all about 15 back then. They never really wore anything that was directly related to Hitler and the Third Reich though since that would get them into jail really quickly here.

Is that legal in America? I'm not all too familiar with the laws on Nazi symbols in the US. Does Free Speech protect that too?

Yes being a nazi and having direct support of Hitler is entirely legal and covered by the 1st amendment.

Phil is a weird one. Writes songs about unity and how racism is trash but then gets drunk and yells out white power. I seriously doubt he is a Nazi sympathizer. He's got a big mouth that's for sure.

In later interviews he says he regrets Pantera using the Confederate Flag in their image, that it was stupid.

When I was 15 years old or somewhere around there we had alot of Neo-Nazis in Sweden, they had their headquarter in the city I lived in at the time, wouldn't go a day without me seeing them around the city, marching and being cunts.

I fought alot of Neo-nazis in my school days, even had friends join them, buying their Dr.Martens boots and so on.

And they took about every symbol the Vikings had and used them, so you can forget wearing a Thors Hammer or something like that here in Sweden without being labeled as a Nazi.

was pretty much the same in Rauma, Finland. in the 90s. saw neonazis every day. they used to chase a black friend around the city, in broad daylight and no one really gave a fuck. they also threatened to gather all their "members" and show up at our skatepark and beat everyone up.. it was real fun living in that fear, never knowing when 50 nazis might show up and beat us with baseball bats and shit. and often there were only like 2-4 of us at the skatepark..

Binabik15

I saw a black guy with a swastika on his forearm in London. Cashier in skater shop in Camden Market. As a group of German students (with quite a few skater/punk types and ovall pretty leftist) we were totally weirded out.

On that same school trip a couple of Aussie girls in our hostel thought we'd enjoy them doing the Hitler salute as a way of greeting us. Turns out we didn't.

Free speech shouldn't apply to people sporting nazi symbols. I've been out and about with my grandpa ( no longer with us) who was in the big red 1 in ww2. He's told me that he didn't fight from North Africa to Sicily to Normandy and the battle of the bulge to see that kind of shit at home. He lost good men under his command to the nazis and it would make him tear up to think that there are people so ignorant they would wear those symbols of hate and bigotry.

Fuck everyone with a nazi tattoo, flag, symbol, whatever. Get that shit out of here.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Contrary to what someone else just said, that's actually NOT surprising. At the end of World War 2, Argentina openly welcomed Germans and Nazis and created a safe haven for them. As a result, the country has a huge prominence of racists and Neo Nazis, as well as a recognized Neo Nazi political party. Furthermore, the gang that attacked Top Gear two years ago have a massive Neo Nazi belonging, as well.
Im aware.
It's funny cuz they're friggin' brown!!

Yes and no.
There are three versions of Pepe, original comic strip Pepe, Sad Pepe, and Smug Pepe.
Only Smug Pepe is an alt-right thing.
Memes are getting too complex for me :(

Free speech shouldn't apply to people sporting nazi symbols. I've been out and about with my grandpa ( no longer with us) who was in the big red 1 in ww2. He's told me that he didn't fight from North Africa to Sicily to Normandy and the battle of the bulge to see that kind of shit at home. He lost good men under his command to the nazis and it would make him tear up to think that there are people so ignorant they would wear those symbols of hate and bigotry.

Fuck everyone with a nazi tattoo, flag, symbol, whatever. Get that shit out of here.

careful mentioning that gets the liberals angry about how all speech should be respected.

But yes I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom