• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA releases Bayonetta (8-bit) on Steam

Jawmuncher

I just like to imagine a what-if scenario where Sega someone got back Bayo 2, cut out the Nintendo content and rereleased the game on PC. Much how back in the day, the idea of Bayo being a nintendo exclusive was asinine. This currently sits in that same boat for me. Highly unlikely, but if it did happen. The reactions would be so glorious on GAF. Guaranteed graveyard thread.

chekhonte

download this thing to show that there's an interest among pc gamers. I'd buy this again if it's on PC for sure.

How is it not possible? Nintendo doesn't own Bayonetta.

I'd imagine as part of the deal to Fund Bayo 2, Nintendo got ownership of any Code that Platinum and Co. wrote. Meaning for any ports of the game, the code has to be Ok'd by Nintendo before it can be released and that's not going to happen similar to what happened with the Goldeneye 007 source code. The entire game would have to be rewritten to get past that which is financially unviable.

FLD

Yeah, if the real game doesn't come to PC in the near future then this is just mean lol.

Nintendo owns Bayonetta 2.

It's entirely possible that they had a deal where SEGA is allowed to release the game on other platforms after a certain period of time. Not very likely but I want to believe there's some hope. :(

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Runs fine on my pc
VwwEaEU.jpg

SDkSCk6.jpg

Majukun

already own bayo 1 2 times (360 and wii u), but it would be about time they bring it to pc...buuuut i think they are just making a cruel joke...

anyone tried the game?

Mrbob

At the very least, emulation will still be a great way to play it because CEMU is a ridiculously optimized emulator. You can play Bayonetta 2 right now at 4k60fps with even a mid-tier rig. They mostly need to find the audio issues with the game now and after that it will be close to perfect.

Nice. If my WiiU ever dies and that's the only way I can play Bayo 2 I'll definitely do it with CEMU. Game is too good to be cast into the abyss forever.

Ōkami

I'm not too fluent in javascript but pretty sure the countdown is to start at April 11 as the site is to get some sort of update then.

Combing through the code there isn't much to see.

oti

Banned
I hope the countdown leads to a new Sonic trailer or something cruel like that.

Bayo PC plz

It's entirely possible that they had a deal where SEGA is allowed to release the game on other platforms after a certain period of time. Not very likely but I want to believe there's some hope. :(

Nintendo doesn't tend to make a deal like this on a game they greenlit, fully funded, and helped develop.

It's possible Nintendo sells Bayonetta 2 to Sega, but that would be something new, not a part of the original arrangement.

Yeah, if the real game doesn't come to PC in the near future then this is just mean lol.

Why would Nintendo do that? They didn't just publish the game, they own it outright.

To paraphrase Kamiya, you might as well hope for Mario or Zelda.

Ridley327

Wouldn't something like Banjo and Kazooie fall into the same category? Killer Instinct?

Nintendo sold all of their stakes in Rare's original IPs when they sold off the 49% that they had owned of the company at the time. That's why GoldenEye 007 is such a unique situation, since that was something that Rare could never actually own for themselves.

sinonobu

Banned

Sega has stated that they have no ties with Bayonetta 2 and Nintendo is publishing the game. It's not like Sega published the game exclusively for Nintendo, it was Nintendo publishing the game themselves.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Days, hours, minutes?

The countdown timer is supposed to be active, but the code is slightly busted:

Code:
	// countdown SETUP start
    var setting = {
        counter: {
            lastDate: '04/11/2017 08:00:00', // target date settings, 'MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS'
            [B]timeZone: PDT,[/B]
        }
    };

Porcile

Bayonetta 2 is much a Nintendo game as Mario Kart. They paid to make the game, not publish it. Do you guys really still not understand how this stuff works? How many times exactly does it have to be spelled out that the game is Nintendo exclusive?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bayonetta 2 is much a Nintendo game as Mario Kart. They paid to make the game, not publish it. Do you guys really still not understand how this stuff works? How many times exactly does it have to be spelled out that the game is Nintendo exclusive?

Funny that you're saying all this when Lego City Undercover was the same way

and its coming out on other consoles on Tuesday

Actually, honestly, if a Bayonetta 3 happens I'm placing my bets on it not being numbered in favor of a sub-title. As long as Bayo 2 is Nintendo exclusive, any further numbers are a Marketing Nightmare Dead-End.

Jawmuncher

People know it's exclusive. Let us have our fun in thinking of hypothetical situations.

Top Bottom