• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SEGA releases Bayonetta (8-bit) on Steam

Endless

So is this art new, or was it used for Bayo 1 or 2?

1Un9W6ls

Funny that you're saying all this when Lego City Undercover was the same way

and its coming out on other consoles on Tuesday
No it wasn't. It was originally multi plat. Nintendo stepped in and took over publishing duties for a period of time. As has been mentioned, the copyright for Bayonetta 2 mentions Nintendo, not Sega as the owner of that game.

Ridley327

Someone will go into more details about it, but LCU is a completely different situation where Warner Bros. still retained full ownership of the game itself, even with Nintendo publishing.

oti

Banned
I wouldnt mind Sonic Heroes or Sonic Colors.....

(I already beat Bayonetta 1 on WiiU just 3 months ago :3)

Countdown ends. Sonic appears and transforms into WEARBAYONETTA. Sonic Fanfiction community goes ballistic. Tumblr erupts.

Funny how that wasnt the same way. And people have even explained why in this thread.

WiiU was weird, it had about 5 timed exclusives (sonic lost world, ninja gaiden, zombiu, lego, devils third, ???) go to other systems, I mean Ninja Gaiden was exclusive to WiiU for like 6months.
Easy to see why people are confused

*list from top of my head

Adaren

if they do,i hope kamiya is back at the helm,bayo 2 was kind of disappointing for me

Same here. Bayo1 is a legit masterpiece. Bayo2 couldn't even put together a proper dance sequence.

Bayo2 did have a lot of nice quality of life improvements, but it just didn't feel like it had as much love and...personality? as Bayo1 did. Here's to hoping that Bayo3 has as much care put into it as Bayo1 did.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

You're comparing an apple with an orange. Nintendo owns Bayonetta 2 whereas WB wanted to keep LCU in-house and so Nintendo only ever had publishing rights -- which have since expired, thus the transition to a muliplatform release.

Adaren

So I was trying to mess with the game controls and ended up breaking it. Now shooting disables itself a few seconds after I start the game, lol.

Majukun

Same here. Bayo1 is a legit masterpiece. Bayo2 couldn't even put together a proper dance sequence.

Bayo2 did have a lot of nice quality of life improvements, but it just didn't have as much love and...personality? as Bayo1 did. Here's to hoping that Bayo3 has as much care put into it as Bayo1 did.

my main problem is mainly with balance and combat...

in bayo 2 everything you do before you charge the "supermegamoves" doesn't matter,you just tickle the enemies and then start pamming mega attacks that occupy half of the screen

in bayo 1 you actually had to play with style, wicked waves were the reward for playing well and even if you didn't use them you were still feeling like you were doing SOMETHING.

the other problem are the floaty flying boss battle..no idea what they were thinking there.

Ridley327

WiiU was weird, it had about 5 timed exclusives (sonic lost world, ninja gaiden, zombiu, lego, devils third, ???) go to other systems, I mean Ninja Gaiden was exclusive to WiiU for like 6months.
Easy to see why people are confused

*list from top of my head

Devil's Third is interesting because it's only the multiplayer that isn't exclusive, and was repeatedly clarified as being exclusive to the Wii U game. Of course, with the servers being shut down on the Wii U version, only those lucky enough to live in regions where the PC version gets to experience that mode, so it's a weird situation where two halves are invariably separated from one another these days.

Top Bottom