• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus announced for PS4/Vita

The person who claimed the Senran Kagura community thread was banned. Does that mean its still up for grabs?

I would ask a mod about this, depends on the circumstances and the ban-length I would assume.

yeah, poor baekshi, still trying to rope someone into making banners for me so I can put it up

I was thinking a big general one, a "games" one, and an "other media" one

I would be very happy to help, GFX stuff is my hobby :)

What kind of banners? Obviously SK related. Im photoshop savvy, but im color blind, so sometimes what I see and what others see is completely different.

I think the DOA x SK cross over is a testing ground for this. Would be amazing to see a full scale 2d fighter. I think 3d would lose focus too much and you wouldnt be able to see the art direction as originally intended.

Depending on how much work is needed we could cooperate on the banners if you want :)

And hmm I would say they should try a 3D fighter but with the same technique Guilty Gear Xrd does, that way the art-style might be able to be preserved even with 3D movement :eek:

I would ask a mod about this, depends on the circumstances and the ban-length I would assume.

I would be very happy to help, GFX stuff is my hobby :)

Depending on how much work is needed we could cooperate on the banners if you want :)

And hmm I would say they should try a 3D fighter but with the same technique Guilty Gear Xrd does, that way the art-style might be able to be preserved even with 3D movement :eek:

If you guys wanted to start working on the Comm thread, I could start working on stuff for the EV thread and if I dont get posting permissions by then I can forward everything I have to someone else. Then we wouldnt be stepping on eachothers toes and we will each have a unique platform of expression to work with.

If you guys wanted to start working on the Comm thread, I could start working on stuff for the EV thread and if I dont get posting permissions by then I can forward everything I have to someone else. Then we wouldnt be stepping on eachothers toes and we will each have a unique platform of expression to work with.

Either way is alright with me I would just like to work on a banner or two nothing more :eek:

I finally got it to install. For some reason it doesnt like Windows 8. Had to install it with safe mode.

Huh that's weird as Photoshop shouldn't mess with drivers o.o But then again I'm still on CS5 which was gifted to me by a work experience I had.

Are you trying to do lewd things with it?

image.php

:p

SerTapTap

I'd go JP Vita and PS4 and US PS4 honestly. I don't think you will get the figures on the US versions.

Yeah unless something massively changes I doubt the US is getting figures. Far less reason to double dip on US due to that.

And I kinda doubt the Estival limited editions will be as abundant and cheap as the 3DS ones. They seem to have massively overproduced for that one. Maybe they'll
finally
stop doing 3DS games altogether since it must have sold pretty poorly. That or no one wanted limited editions but that seems odd.

Still need to find a decent text, but this is what im playing around with so far. Need to add presented by NeoGAF on them too somewhere.

banners_zps8f5c1262.jpg

Very nice work so far! :D I'm not surprised at your pick for Hanzo :p

skyfireblaze is also working on banners, so maybe you two can collaborate

Well, we'll need two sets. One for Community and one for the EV OT.

Yeah I'm only doing the community ones :eek:

For everything that is holy... I was just looking for renders and... don't ever enter Senran Kagura on Deviantart... seriously don't o.o

For everything that is holy... I was just looking for renders and... don't ever enter Senran Kagura on Deviantart... seriously don't o.o

That was the hardest part so far. I dont wanna use a banner thats too risque. I was gonna use the wet Katsuragi but decided against it. If I found something, it didnt clean up well and there was alot of color loss deleting layers.

Thats my tablet background though. ;>

Why the fuck would you do that.

Well finding SFW, banner-fitting, art of Senran Kagura with a consistent artstyle seems almost impossible as far as I can see now :/ If I found something good it was so complex that it would have taken me hours and hours to render if I ever managed as my own render skills are... bad :( I guess I could scour Pixiv.

That was the hardest part so far. I dont wanna use a banner thats too risque. I was gonna use the wet Katsuragi but decided against it. If I found something, it didnt clean up well and there was alot of color loss deleting layers.

Thats my tablet background though. ;>

Yeah I agree, finding good SFW art of Senran Kagura is a feat in itself. And I'm not surprised at your spoiler :p

EDIT: I'll resort to using the official Senran Kagura wallpapers and retool them as banners, I would like to do something better but with the kind of art out there I just can't unless someone links me SFW renders :(

Theonik

Well finding SFW, banner-fitting, art of Senran Kagura with a consistent artstyle seems almost impossible as far as I can see now :/ If I found something good it was so complex that it would have taken me hours and hours to render if I ever managed as my own render skills are... bad :( I guess I could scour Pixiv.
There exists some decent Senran art on Pixiv. It's not very abundant though and a lot of it is unsuitable.
This artist is pretty good for some of their SFW Senran stuff. Where possible using one artist for everything would be a good idea.

Edit: Well yes going with official art is your best bet not that a lot of that will be suitable either~

There exists some decent Senran art on Pixiv. It's not very abundant though and a lot of it is unsuitable.
This artist is pretty good for some of their SFW Senran stuff. Where possible using one artist for everything would be a good idea.

Edit: Well yes going with official art is your best bet not that a lot of that will be suitable either~

Exactly these are the problems I have :( Thanks for the link though that might help somewhat! :) I already ran into these problem when I tried to make a custom cover for Shinovi Versus but really I find it surprising that even taking the NSFW works into account art for Senran seems to be quite rare o.o

Theonik

Exactly these are the problems I have :( Thanks for the link though that might help somewhat! :) I already ran into these problem when I tried to make a custom cover for Shinovi Versus but really I find it surprising that even taking the NSFW works into account art for Senran seems to be quite rare o.o
It's an unwritten rule. The more explicit the actual work is the less abundant the fan art. NSFW or not.
What you can do is crop NSFW art to suit the banners. But idk if that would be a good idea or not.

I considered just doing bust portraits that way I could use NSFW ones but all their expressions were...well...yeah... so I canned that idea. Im just going to use official art.

It's an unwritten rule. The more explicit the actual work is the less abundant the fan art. NSFW or not.
What you can do is crop NSFW art to suit the banners. But idk if that would be a good idea or not.

Huh interesting :eek: I had no idea but it somewhat makes sense I guess. And yeah of course but as DigitalHitman said below, the expressions...

I considered just doing bust portraits that way I could use NSFW ones but all their expressions were...well...yeah... so I canned that idea. Im just going to use official art.

I'll stick to official art too if my current idea doesn't work out, here's a test banner, what do you all think? I tried to keep a simple ink style for the font much like on the actual covers.

aP418WM.png

Question, is it alright from a comprehension standpoint when I shorten the "Characters" banner to "Charas"? Characters is a fairly long word and while I could make it fit, I would like to keep the font uniform across all banners :/

Eolz

I don't know, I think sticking to official art for the OT would be for the best.
It's not as if the official art isn't most of the time better than the fanart too, unlike other some other games/series.

Vylash

Question, is it alright from a comprehension standpoint when I shorten the "Characters" banner to "Charas"? Characters is a fairly long word and while I could make it fit, I would like to keep the font uniform across all banners :/
charas is perfectly fine, maybe shinobi?

I don't know, I think sticking to official art for the OT would be for the best.
It's not as if the official art isn't most of the time better than the fanart too, unlike other some other games/series.

I kinda feel the same way, but some of the official art (like the ones I did) are a mother to delete layers. Light clothes on light backgrounds. Unless theyre uploaded as .pngs its hard to edit. I had to edit out pieces of Yozakura's yukata and Katsu's hair.

charas is perfectly fine, maybe shinobi?

I second the motion for Shinobi. Good synonym in this case.

Is there an actual name to the group of the 5 new characters or are they just random placement? I want to make something with the new girl with the hammer.

Top Bottom