• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura related news coming soon?

Blueblur1

A Versus release would be great. As a newcomer to the series I was surprised by how fun Burst is and want to play more (even if it's in a different style of gameplay). A physical release would be even better.

ohlawd

Super obvious confirmation if I've ever seen one.

Day one. Physical release with Yomi and Hibari boobpa-... I mean mousepads.

Those last 3? They're enemies in the current NewWave event.

Ah ah, I don't know; I had opened a Gree account to play New Wave months ago but I 've never udnerstood how precisely it works - and the interface is a mess. I tried to play it again this evening to see if I could manage to trigger that event, but no luck ;p

Who are they and what do they want ? :D

bring in more senran kagura shinobi versus. i'll probably get this game again if

-japanese voices
-no online pass.

i'd already platiniumed the japanese version but i'm considering double dipping ...

Tohsaka

bring in more senran kagura shinobi versus. i'll probably get this game again if

-japanese voices
-no online pass.

i'd already platiniumed the japanese version but i'm considering double dipping ...

Japanese voices are pretty much a sure thing since Burst doesn't even have a dub. I don't think online passes are even a thing anymore, are they? I know Sony, Ubisoft and EA at least did away with them.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, that was rather fast detective work. In any case, if it's true, awesome. I had fun with Burst & SV probably will be more enjoyable, especially considering the praise it gets. This & Akiba's Trip 2 are gonna give me more Vita love.

-japanese voices
-no online pass.

JPN voices is guaranteed, considering they used the same audio for Burst, though hopefully with the fact Online Passes don't seem to exist for the most part, it'll either be included or just not be a thing altogether.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Japanese voices are pretty much a sure thing since Burst doesn't even have a dub. I don't think online passes are even a thing anymore, are they? I know Sony, Ubisoft and EA at least did away with them.

Versus (in Japan) had an online pass which is what he is referring to. Even if they still included an online pass, the likelihood that this is an online only game is very high in which case I doubt it would even matter.

Tohsaka

Versus (in Japan) had an online pass which is what he is referring to. Even if they still included an online pass, the likelihood that this is an online only game is very high in which case I doubt it would even matter.

Ah, I didn't know the Japanese version had an online pass; that's pretty lame.

Would like to see the next Senran Kagura not be stuck with only a jp dub, but may support either way. Maybe a great deal on a Vita will allow it of all things to be the first system to join the 360/3DS duo that has done so well for me in recent years. I do have (continuing) history with PSP.

Not sure of how I should interpret it :

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7477320.html

『閃乱カグラ2 -真紅-』発売までにぜひプレイしてください!

Note that this line doesn't figure on the nico page; either it has disapeared, or it wasn't even here.
But; you may recall an ooooold tweet from Takaki, from more than one year ago :

IQCSg9o.jpg

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/269384372820529152

So ? Looks plausible ?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Not sure of how I should interpret it :

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7477320.html

Note that this line doesn't figure on the nico page; either it has disapeared, or it wasn't even here.
But; you may recall an ooooold tweet from Takaki, from more than one year ago :

IQCSg9o.jpg

https://twitter.com/kenichiro_taka/status/269384372820529152

So ? Looks plausible ?

Soooo...what does all mean? SK2 for 3DS, with import data from Burst?
And what about the tweet?

*The first one was what I got with Google Translate, so...better to wait for real translators :lol

Chrom

Someone in the comments pointed out that all past games released in Japan within a month after either a price drop or release of a new model of their respective platforms, bar New Wave since that's a mobile game.

It's probably all coincidental and doesn't mean anything, though.

No, seriously, what's said in the esoteru blog and what in that Tweet? I can't read Japanese, and GT is not reliable at all XD

As YoshiRider123 said, nothing really. And nothing somebody who have been following Takaki for enough time couldn't come up with.
I don't read esoteru much so I've no idea how much credit I can give it.

koutoru

No, seriously, what's said in the esoteru blog and what in that Tweet? I can't read Japanese, and GT is not reliable at all XD
『閃乱カグラ2 -真紅-』発売までにぜひプレイしてください!:

Please play "Senran Kagura 2 - Crimson" on it's release date! (Or when it comes to market, either or.)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
SK2 was mentioned right after the 3DS titles, right?

However, thanks to both of you! :D

mothball

So that Nico Live page has info about a broadcast event scheduled for January 8, and there are some blurbs about the series' history and SV and Burst. In the blurb about Burst, it says "There are also special bonuses for transferring your save data, so make sure to play [Burst] before Senran Kagura 2: Shinku (Deep Crimson) releases!". That line has been removed from the Nico page. Oops.

The tweet isn't really important
read: it's harder to translate
but it's along the lines of:
"Dying while embracing your ideals" or "dying in battle" - the upcoming "Deep Crimson" will touch upon the consequences of the latter.

It does sound like it's a 3DS game alright. I didn't have much doubt. MAQL hardly ever do multiplat games (like 3DS + Vita).

Last one I can think of is Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny (Wii + PS3).

If so, a nice comeback to 3DS development with SK2 and the new Harvest Moon, only took them over a year. Now for Kaio and Dragon Marked for Death (and Rune Factory 5 if Neverland's doom hasn't impacted the game, like if MAQL took them in).

koutoru

So that Nico Live page has info about a broadcast event scheduled for January 8, and there are some blurbs about the series' history and SV and Burst. In the blurb about Burst, it says "There are also special bonuses for transferring your save data, so make sure to play [Burst] before Senran Kagura 2: Shinku (Deep Crimson) releases!". That line has been removed from the Nico page. Oops.

So we're looking at a 3DS game for the announcement? Or at least 3DS being one of the platforms?

lmao. can't wait tho. Hopefully a localization will happen too

Chrom

A Japanese magazine features some kind of interview where I believe Takaki mentions the new game, Senran Kagura 2, being for the 3DS. Nothing about Vita or any other system. Not allowed to post it here unfortunately.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Something I noticed today while comparing some trophy data on PS4- Shinovi Versus' platform listing showed it as on Vita AND PS3. Hmm...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Very happy here as I far prefer SK to Versus.

Will be interesting to see how much they actually improve the engine this time/what lessons they take if any from Versus which had some large improvements in presentation.

Sandfox

If it is for the 3DS then that would mean that they want to keep the mainline games on the 3DS and the Shinovi games on the Vita if there's another one(I would assume so).

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If it is for the 3DS then that would mean that they want to keep the mainline games on the 3DS and the Shinovi games on the Vita if there's another one(I would assume so).

Interesting considering that's more or less exactly what they said when they announced Versus.

I would have preferred it to be on Vita simply because it looks A LOT better and the framerate is smooth which was an annoyance to me in Burst where it would frequently go between single digits and 20.

Hearing that the next game will be on 3DS again means we might be getting those old issues back.

I would have preferred it to be on Vita simply because it looks A LOT better and the framerate is smooth which was an annoyance to me in Burst where it would frequently go between single digits and 20.

Hearing that the next game will be on 3DS again means we might be getting those old issues back.

i feel exactly the same . I cannot play a game that will perform worse after experiencing shinobi versus gameplay.

Sandfox

i feel exactly the same . I cannot play a game that will perform worse after experiencing shinobi versus gameplay.

It would be interesting to see if they could fix those issues with a full fledged sequel.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People tend to forget that SK was less than a year after launch and Burst uses the same engine. It's entirely possible that the new game is a giant leap forward as a mid generation sequel after the series proved itself to be worthy of some investment.

koutoru

Reminds me of when Valkyrie went from PS3 to PSP. However I fully expect another spinoff making it's way to Vita sooner or later.
(I know that they originally promised for the main series to stay on the 3DS, however)

People tend to forget that SK was less than a year after launch and Burst uses the same engine. It's entirely possible that the new game is a giant leap forward as a mid generation sequel after the series proved itself to be worthy of some investment.

I have not forgotten that, we should expect a much better game than Burst. This game should have a bigger budget than SK/Burst had too, it's a series that's being proven to be profitable.

Chrom

I see where the concern about performance is coming from, but I don't have much trouble imagining a new 3DS entry would at least run better than Burst.

Top Bottom