• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura related news coming soon?

Sandfox

We got Burst. if Burst sold we'll get this as well and maybe faster this time.

Shinovi Versus is coming in 2014 as well so I'm guessing whatever game that gets announced will come as well but it would still be a wait for people who have already played all the other games in the series.

sh4mike

We got Burst. if Burst sold we'll get this as well and maybe faster this time.
For folks with non-JPN hardware, Vita = 100% guaranteed option to play on Day 1, 3DS = might get lucky and have it release a year later.

Not comparable.

(Also Vita hardware and control inputs are better -- can't help but hate on 3DS domination despite owning both).

Nothing is confirmed yet; the point I wanted to raise is that *anyone* coud have come up with a 'SK2 on 3DS' news, basing itself on Takaki's past declarations. Hence why I wanted to know if esuteru is usually truthworthy.

Bigger concern is 3DS is region locked. Going to be a long wait.

Two years between SnS's original release and the US release of Burst. And not even taking into account Europe ! ;p

Bigger concern is 3DS is region locked. Going to be a long wait.
Here lies another the problem for me.

People tend to forget that SK was less than a year after launch and Burst uses the same engine. It's entirely possible that the new game is a giant leap forward as a mid generation sequel after the series proved itself to be worthy of some investment.
Burst was made after the original SK and they could have used the dev time to correct the framerate problem or optimise the game. They didn't.

I see where the concern about performance is coming from, but I don't have much trouble imagining a new 3DS entry would at least run better than Burst.

It's fine to hope.
I hope too that it run well , but the 3ds is not a powerhouse.i'll choose to be a pessimist until proved otherwise.

Nothing is confirmed yet; the point I wanted to raise is that *anyone* coud have come up with a 'SK2 on 3DS' news, basing itself on Takaki's past declarations. Hence why I wanted to know if esuteru is usually truthworthy.

Two years between SnS's original release and the US release of Burst. And not even taking into account Europe ! ;p

I doubt it will take that long now, unless Xseed doesn't localize it at all.

I still need to buy the 3DS game, I'll buy the Vita one at launch for sure.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Burst is clearly a same engine quickie expansion pack type release and it took less than a year to come out. It's also before the series really took off with the anime (awful as it is) and Versus.

They'll most likely put a lot more effort into this sequel.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I doubt it will take that long now, unless Xseed doesn't localize it at all.

I still need to buy the 3DS game, I'll buy the Vita one at launch for sure.

You really need to buy the 3DS game, I was pleasantly surprised with how fun it is.

Trust me, I'm an EO bro.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a non-scan confirmation

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7477320.html

The information was posted on the official Senran Kagura announcement stream page on nico nico, which has since been edited, but a screencap/transcript of the original is on the blog page.

●ニンテンドー3DS『閃乱カグラ Burst -紅蓮の少女達-』
先着購入特典付き 3名様
先着購入特典付きでプレゼント!セーブデータ連動特典もありますので
『閃乱カグラ2 -真紅-』発売までにぜひプレイしてください!

Second game will be called Senran Kagura 2 - Crimson, and will feature a bonus for transferring save data from Burst, it's definitely 3DS.

Chrom

The information was posted on the official Senran Kagura announcement stream page on nico nico, which has since been edited, but a screencap/transcript of the original is on the blog page.

先着購入特典付き 3名様

Second game will be called Senran Kagura 2 - Crimson, and will feature a bonus for transferring save data from Burst, it's definitely 3DS.

That was brought up earlier, yeah. It's pretty convincing, but I think people are wondering how trustworthy it is.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

先着購入特典付き 3名様

Wasn't the Hebijo part of SK Burst called Crimson Girls, though? Seems really strange they'd call the sequel Crimson when they've already used a very similar title for Burst.

Wasn't the Hebijo part of SK Burst called Crimson Girls, though? Seems really strange they'd call the sequel Crimson when they've already used a very similar title for Burst.

It's a play on words (on kanjis), actually :

少女達の真影 (1st game title) + 紅蓮の少女達 (2nd) = 真影 + 紅蓮 = 真紅

See the tweet I posted ealier.
Some people (last year) interpreted it (as 真紅 is a combination of both titles) as the possibility of a remake of both 3DS games on PS3 or Vita.
So, you see, nothing is sure yet.

Sandfox

It's a play on words (on kanjis), actually :

少女達の真影 (1st game title) + 紅蓮の少女達 (2nd) = 真影 + 紅蓮 = 真紅

See the tweet I posted ealier.
Some people interpreted it (as 真紅 is a combination of both titles) as the possibility of a remake of both 3DS games on PS3 or Vita.
So, you see, nothing is sure yet.

But then you have the 2 and the transfer bonus as well.

I'm sure its going to be interesting whatever it is so it not that big of a deal to me.

Hasn't there been a trailer, though ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiXNyG41do0

Whoa, thanks! Hadn't seen this. Looks like they released some WIP box art for it the same day too. My faith in Zen United has been somewhat restored. =p

StmmMbf.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bleh, can't find the image people are referring to. Guess I'll wait tomorrow to see if a site mentions it.

& the EU boxart is.....interesting.

Whoa, thanks! Hadn't seen this. Looks like they released some WIP box art for it the same day too. My faith in Zen United has been somewhat restored. =p

Between this and New Little King's Story getting a physical release over there.... so sad ;( I got the platinum in NLKS tho, I haven't felt like doshing out the money to import it, even though I still want to. REALLLLLY hoping Shinovi Versus has a physical release!

HyperHip

Burst was pretty fun, glad to hear a sequel is underway. For the love of god though 30Fps please, shit was making my eyes bleed.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm not sure if I found it on 2ch but I saw this image circulating on a Japanese message board or two.

Can anyone send me this image on PM?
I'd like to see with my own eyes...if it's real or not. I mean, there's no Famitsu this week due to Holidays, so what magazine could it be. If it's real, of course.

ohlawd

lol wat so this announcement might be 3DS related?

don't even care about the crap framerate. just give me more of that 2D goodness

mankoto

Can anyone send me this image on PM?
I'd like to see with my own eyes...if it's real or not. I mean, there's no Famitsu this week due to Holidays, so what magazine could it be. If it's real, of course.

Sent

lol wat so this announcement might be 3DS related?

don't even care about the crap framerate. just give me more of that 2D goodness

I know how you feel. Fun games are fun as along as the frame rate us at least playable most of the time. I honestly wish it was more pinned towards Vita though. But that's only for region lock reasons,I'll get it regardless of platform release.

L~A

Oh, I didn't even know there was a European trailer. It shows much more than the first US trailer, ha ha!

mankoto

I'd make a thread for it, but I can't. It's somewhat SK related, so I thought I'd post it here. It's slightly more in-tune to what might be Pocchari Valkyrie though.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/03/senran-kagura-makers-working-challenging-new-title-2014/

Marvelous AQL are expected to announce the next Senran Kagura game soon during an upcoming live stream event, which will be broadcast on January 8 in Japan. Additionally, producer Kenichiro Takaki recently told 4Gamer that his crew are also working on a “challenging” new title for 2014.

“To start the new year, we’ll be announcing a lot of Senran Kagura news come January 8th, at the Senran Kagura Bakunyuu Hyper Presentation,” says Takaki. “We’ve kept you waiting a little longer for its release this time compared to the previous time, but I believe we’ll be able to reveal a great deal more [at the event]. In addition, we also have another title we’ll be releasing in 2014.”

“This title will be a new and challenging one, but things are going smoothly for now, so please look forward to it!” continues Takaki. “Please continue supporting the Senran Kagura series and Marvelous AQL this year as well!”

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sounds like that Valkyrie title might finally get announced. Maybe they might do some kind of cross-promo, like the outfit of the Valkyrie female as an unlockable in the next Senran Kagura or a bunch of SK costumes can be worn in the new "challenging" title.

The holidays are over at MAQL, Takaki has posted his new year wishes ^^

#dandy

Edit : and the manga is resuming in the March issue of Comics Alive

tuVQre4.jpg

L~A

Apparently, there's a game called "Dekamori Senran Kagura" in this week's Famitsu. It is, supposedly, a "rhythm cooking" game. Not much info available yet, though I guess the game will be revealed during tomorrow's stream.

【速報】PSVita『デカ盛り閃乱カグラ』発売決定!!ジャンルは「クッキングリズムゲーム」wwwwww

I doubt tomorrow's stream will be just about a spin-off, so I think we might see two games. SK2 + this game.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Apparently, there's a game called "Dekamori Senran Kagura" in this week's Famitsu. It is, supposedly, a "rhythm cooking" game. Not much info available yet, though I guess the game will be revealed during tomorrow's stream.

Given the recent words from the producer, shouldn't they announce two games, then? SK2 for 3DS (I believe) and...this?!?

Rhythm cooking game? Waaaaaaa

I doubt tomorrow's stream will be just about a spin-off, so I think we might see two games. SK2 + this game.

Remind me of something... Something dancing all night...

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This reminds me of the Atlus x Persona announcement, especially of Vita end up with this cooking rhythm game.

Top Bottom