• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| Team WWF vs. The World

tumblr_m9cf4mntte1qagmleo1_400.gif

Oh my God. Amazing. I have to do this now.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well one bad point of skipping through Raw is sometimes missing out on things, even if done to make sure I can enjoy my time overall.

Completely missed all the Andy Kaufman references and Punk doing a Rock Bottom. Nice little things, and enough to make me watch the match in full to spot. I still never want to see Jerry wrestle ever again though.

Well one bad point of skipping through Raw is sometimes missing out on things, even if done to make sure I can enjoy my time overall.

Completely missed all the Andy Kaufman references and Punk doing a Rock Bottom. Nice little things, and enough to make me watch the match in full to spot. I still never want to see Jerry wrestle ever again though.

I agree with all your points except, its called a URANAGE not a Rock Bottom don't disrespect CM Punk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2rXJ-vf-s

Hoarr

Neo Member
Here's what's going on in my neck of the woods, if you will...

9-16 Anarchy Championship Wrestling (Mohawk, Austin, TX)
The Evolution of the Revolution

Jerry Lynn vs. Robert Evans (AKA R.D. Evans, Archibald Peck, MMArchie, et. al.)
**LONE STAR CLASSIC QUALIFIER**

Jakus Pliskin (HW Champ) vs. Darrin Childs

The Submission Squad (Gary Jay, Evan Gelistico) vs. Kings of the Underground (Scot Summers Ryan Genesis)

Barbi Hayden (American Joshi Champ) vs. Jessica James

Barrett Brown vs. Bolt Brady

The Submission Squad ("The Wrestling Goddess" Athena, Pierre Abernathy) vs. The Children of Pain 2.0 (Sean Vex, Jeff Gant)

Killah Kash vs. Khris Wolfe

+3 more unannounced matches...

Lynn vs. Evans should be all sorts of fun, but Barrett Brown vs. Bolt Brady has "potential show-stealer" written all over it. Barrett Brown is a young guy who, after just two matches, is RED HOT in ACW right now. He and Davy Vega brought the house down at the last show. Bolt Brady is a super-athletic guy who is clocking better and better matches every time I see him.

Pliskin v. Childs will likely not end well, as Darrin Childs allied with the Lost Boys and went after the Kings of the Underground's "Showtime" Scot Summers WITH A SHOOT FREDDIE KRUGER GLOVE and cut his head to ribbons.

The women should be awesome, as always in ACW. Jessica James is turning in the best episodic work I've seen in the indies in ages. Her (three-year-long!) Lady Poison storyline is going strong and is compelling as hell because she's awesome. Since a return match with Rachel Summerlyn is already announced for Oct. I'll expect more fireworks in that angle at this show.

I love me some Killah Kash now after seeing him live a few times. He's a big brawler in the classic Texas mold with a modern twist. Great intensity, brings the drama, and moves well. Wolfe I've only seen in big multi-man matches, but I've heard good things about him as a single.

Sounds good. I should be there along with several others, we usually get the balcony seats. Also, this:

tumblr_m9jy0kBwnU1qzl7f5o1_1280.png

Lunchbox

Banned
you fuckers will buy that piece of shit 13 and then complain for a year and then buy 14

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. i stopped after 07

KenOD

you fuckers will buy that piece of shit 13 and then complain for a year and then buy 14

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. i stopped after 07

I'm still playing Day of Reckoning and Fire Pro Wrestling Z thank you very much. Where they look good, I have plenty of CAW space, and the mechanics are good.

That Booker T, the missing actions the wrestlers do for WWE 13's entrance, the just complete loss of quality in artwork overall. Everyone at Yuke's should just feel awful they let this go.

Hoarr

Neo Member
I'm still playing Day of Reckoning and Fire Pro Wrestling Z thank you very much. Where they look good, I have plenty of CAW space, and the mechanics are good.

I'm still upset over how THQ managed to fuck up DoR 2. Loved that series but the submission minigame and CAW logo glitch (logo would inexplicably disappear while making a wrestler) killed it for me.

strobogo

Banned
This last year has been so weird, meta, and 4th wall breaking. The first few of Punk's promos last year, COO HHH, Board of Directors, THE BUSINESS, John Cena's promos about Punk, Vince, and The Rock. I actually can't think of a time like the past year, outside of tribute shows, since 1997 with Montreal and all that led up to it and that one Raw that opened with Vince talking about they're entertainment, the audience isn't stupid, and they're no longer going to insult our intelligence and blur the lines between heels and faces.

That was really weird. Full on "hey, we know you know this shit is fake and we're trying to make it more interesting. We're going in a different direction and some of you might not like it. We're done with this kiddie bullshit. Shit is about to get real." I don't want to say business exposing, because A. It was exposed decades ago and B. I consider terrible botches and selling to be business exposing more than people talking about it the way HHH/Cena/Vince/Punk have in the last year. It's just been a strange year in pro wrasslin.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

That Booker T, the missing actions the wrestlers do for WWE 13's entrance, the just complete loss of quality in artwork overall. Everyone at Yuke's should just feel awful they let this go.

Why the hell are you playing Z instead of Returns? Z was kinda bad (for Fire Pro, which means it's still better than anything Yukes has shit out since Wrestle Kingdom 2).

KenOD

Why the hell are you playing Z instead of Returns? Z was kinda bad (for Fire Pro, which means it's still better than anything Yukes has shit out since Wrestle Kingdom 2).

Returns refuses to play properly for me on my PS3, while Z does. If I could, it would be Returns.

TNA Impact was the worst fucking wrestling video game of all the times.

Lies -- try playing that Luche Libre AAA game.

Oh no, that title still firmly belongs to ECW Hardcore Revolution on Game Boy Color.

TNA suffered from poor design, AAA's suffered from not being a finished game, but ECW's was outright designed to be awful in every possible way.

Great OP Sandman.

But where the NWA Hollywood love...

No Colt Cabana, Willie Mack, Cage, Scorpio Sky, Percy Miller, Chris Masters?

Just messing with you...

10/10 on OP.

Laserfrog

haha Ohh god what have they done to Booker T! I played through the story mode of the TNA game, the A.I. gets to a point where it become super cheap and won't let you do anything. Least the models looked presentable and aren't likable to a horse.

Hoarr

Neo Member
haha Ohh god what have they done to Booker T! I played through the story mode of the TNA game, the A.I. gets to a point where it become super cheap and won't let you do anything. Least the models looked presentable and aren't likable to a horse.

I think the worst thing about WWE '12 (besides the servers) was how the storymode never really gave you clear directions about how to trigger a win during the matches where you couldn't just pin a guy. Backstage segments equal beat up the dude and hit your finisher, but some of the other matches were just weird. I despised the times when your opponent starts to counter every attack, just to tag in the person you actually NEED to beat up to continue the story.

XenoRaven

I forget if this was from a Botchamania or some other video, but does anyone know where I can find the clip of that indie show where Mick Foley was on commentary and the crowd was chanting "JUST RETIRE" at Shane Douglas?

We should make this Owen Hart month.
I was thinking this too. I agree!

I haven't bought a wrestling game brand new since Day of Reckoning (2 maybe, can't remember) on GameCube.

I'ma purchase 13 this year just cause CM Punk is on the cover lol. I'm already anticipating how shit it will be. But ah well, I can at least make Daniel Bryan win everything in my world.

Until they can make something as fun as the AKI/Asmik ones I'll never get over it.

Kaladin

So guys, I'm about to head out the door on vacation in a few hours. I have a few more things in the pipeline for the OP and second post.

This may include a surprise or two.

I'll be back in time for another 3 hour Raw.

strobogo

Banned
The Christian/Orton cage match from last summer might be the best "familiar opponents" match WWE has ever had. EVERY single signature move from both guy gets countered multiple times before it actually gets hit, there are call backs to all of the previous 5 matches they had that summer, played both straight and subverted. It's fantastic. Had to be one of the best matches last year. They worked so well together. I loved Orton: Babyface work rate champion. I dare say his run was better than Punk's in the same role. And that's without having Daniel Bryan as an opponent every week for 2 months.

Sokantish

So guys, I'm about to head out the door on vacation in a few hours. I have a few more things in the pipeline for the OP and second post.

This may include a surprise or two.

I'll be back in time for another 3 hour Raw.

It's Dean Ambrose related, I know it!

Top Bottom