• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV March Update Details (Challenge Mode, Shop, Rematch, 8p Lounge, and more)

March is so vague...

15/22/29 take your guess on the day! my bet is the 29th

March 22 with that trailer debuting at Final Round ( which makes no sense since they already did a blog ) saying the following:

A) available right now after grand finals
B) available this upcoming Tuesday

I can't wait until this update drops because Street fighter V at launch was just bare bones and for the competitive crowd. This update sounds like the ideal time to play for me. Online ranked rematch is going to be interesting.....

March is so vague...

15/22/29 take your guess on the day! my bet is the 29th

Same. This is a beefy one.

I can't wait until this update drops because Street fighter V at launch was just bare bones and for the competitive crowd. This update sounds like the ideal time to play for me. Online ranked rematch is going to be interesting.....

You're the first person to ever argue from this angle and get the correct demographic right and avoid class warfare.

Does this update put a bra on 2p Chun? I worry about her back.....

ezamdevz2acwtpkkeobt.gif

her tits appear to be full of some sort of light gas such as helium. Maybe her back is OK afterall.

TheFlow

Banned
Not going to lie this should of been included at launch especially in 2016 but I guess they didn't learn from the first 3 revisions. Least I can lobby now

After the uproar, I'm quite shocked to see there's no VS CPU. Bar a UI menu button, all the various components necessary for VS CPU already exist in SFV.

I guess my game will remain at 46 mins played until the June update (not that VS CPU is guaranteed for that either)

Rematch sounds really interesting, doubt it'll see much use.

I'm so ready for trials though. I wonder if there will be trophies added.

Damn this thread barely getting any posts...No hype for improvements for SFV. People only interested on discussing SFV sales. Does people who cry/whine about SFV's SP/RPG content was even going to buy the game in the first place if it had the SP content? Or just sheeps following the current trend. Who knows.....

iBlue

finally a decent tutorial! the current pretty much only teaches you how to move and press the buttons..

janoDX

And all of this is FREE.

People, stop shitting on SFV, give it a chance. You all know this game was released in this state due to the CPT.

Inumbris

That's a nice looking update; it's sounding much more beginner friendly.

I'm definitely more interested in picking it up now.

Bizazedo

Actually, I believe it means that all neutral and back jumps with the exception for Birdie and Zangief will take 4 frames to be considered airborne. This means that a move that takes 3 frames to become active (like a jab), will beat a person's jump attempt, keeping them on the ground.

There was a way to jump cancel into an EX move like Peach for Mika that would make it so she couldn't be hit out of the move. The armor doesn't usually kick in for the first frame, but jump cancelling it would, thus giving her an invincible reversal.

Makes me wonder if this fixes that.

HardRojo

Issues/Features I still want fixed/added:

• Last settings used in Training Mode to be saved, just like SF4
  • Option to toggle between Character themes or Stage themes during online and offline matches
  • Option for Player 2 to go back to Character select screen in VS mode
  • 2 slots for Health restoration items on Survival mode, so the lowest you can get is Medium regeneration

poodaddy

Damn this thread barely getting any posts...No hype for improvements for SFV. People only interested on discussing SFV sales. Does people who cry/whine about SFV's SP/RPG content was even going to buy the game in the first place if it had the SP content? Or just sheeps following the current trend. Who knows.....

Seems to me like you're just bringing the negativity to the thread all on your own. I guess insulting large groups of people can help with that insecurity though....

Bishop89

8 player lounge. YES

Rematch. YES.

What is challenge mode?
It's a far more in depth tutorial in the same vein as the tutorial you go through when you start the game.

Will also have combos you can practice with instead of watching videos to learn them!

Durden77

Update sounds excellent. It's a shame that this game got so much flak at release, because it's really going to be a hell of a game soon. And only get better and better.

I do hope they get this stuff out as soon as possible though. They're probably not going to release it closer to Final Round, but man the sooner this stuff gets here the better the game can start rebuilding it's reputation.

mollipen

After the uproar, I'm quite shocked to see there's no VS CPU. Bar a UI menu button, all the various components necessary for VS CPU already exist in SFV.

I guess my game will remain at 46 mins played until the June update (not that VS CPU is guaranteed for that either)

I'll be shocked if that doesn't come before June.

Ploid 3.0

Lookin good, I wonder what will be on the store. Probably the basics, the alt costume from the story mode, and color unlocks.

Renkax

1) It's disappointing that dailies and weeklies aren't in this update. They should be top priority outside of fixing online since playing online matches gives you virtually nothing.

2) A reddit user pointed out that you will probably be able to buy 6 different kinds of things in the shop. So:

Characters
Alternate Costumes
C____ (Colours?)
S____ (Stages?)
T____ (Titles?)
Fighter ____ (Profiles?)

I would take out fight profiles and put battle announcers I would put real money/fight money for that. /:

Top Bottom