• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaq believes in a flat earth. Edit: Claims he doesn't believe in a flat earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

R-User!

But you can easily prove them wrong. If you want to believe in something that can't be disproved, turn to religion.
I agree with you though that feeling like they know better than the rest of us is part of it, as is rejection of consensus due to some anger towards society.

I agree. Humans have lots of complications...

I could understand someone could think the world is flat if they had a valid explanation for what happens when you hit the edge of the "map".

Zizbuka

Banned
I'm struggling with the not going up and down at a 360 degree angle part. It seems to not make sense, but I just can't put my head around it.

Do flatters believe the earth is a cube? Like somewhere there's a 90 degree drop?

JoeNut

I'd like to know what flat earthers believe the reason behind the conspiracy is.

For example, who benefits from brainwashing everyone into thinking the earth is a globe?

Modern society seems to have made stupid people feel like they are actually smart, and to compensate, stupid people bet on fringe conspiracy theories that are antagonistic and/or incompatible with what is accepted by the scientific community and society in general. t's kind of a situation where the stupid person, unable to think or reason adequately enough to understand the world around them, disregards it all and instead believes in something else entirely in order feel smarter than everyone else.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Modern society seems to have made stupid people feel like they are actually smart, and to compensate, stupid people bet on fringe conspiracy theories that are antagonistic and/or incompatible with what is accepted by the scientific community and society in general. t's kind of a situation where the stupid person, unable to think or reason adequately enough to understand the world around them, disregards it all and instead believes in something else entirely in order feel smarter than everyone else.

I think people who are stupid or uneducated resent those who are not. Rightfully so, frankly.

bigJP

i dont even ...
at least provide scientific reasoning something that can make me doubt...

he probably looks at those magic eye things and thinks their is a rabbit stuck in the page

Crazyorloco

He's right.

If the earth was round they would have to make cars slightly curved to go around the earth.

Also, notice tables feet are flat.

Oh Shaq you goof, convincing the general public that you're a simpleton. What a troll, I guess?

He probably isn't that dumb, but he did go to an SEC school, so who knows how legit his grades are.

mushy45

The Earth was flat if you went too far you would fall off
Now the Earth is round
If the shape change again everybody woulda start laugh
The average man can't prove of most of the things
That he chooses to speak of
And still won't research and find out

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The moon also. If astronauts landed on one end, it would've tilted the moon to its side to the point of not being visible from Earth. No shadow and thus no nights. Checkmate

Tide goes in, tide goes out. No connection to moon disc.

Tide goes in, tide goes out. No connection to moon disc.

The tide shift can be explained by a simple homemade scientific experiment. Cut out a flat paper disk and drop it from a high place. Notice, the disk doesn't drop straight down, it sways side to side, and may even flip! Our flat Earth is doing the same thing in space, so when it tilts to one side, the tide shifts accordingly

Shmuppers

It is flat. It's just that that is wrapped onto a sphere.

ttH08H2.png

-Silver-

If the Earth was flat, wouldn't our atmosphere sort of fall off the side? In the same way water spreads out and falls off of the side when you pour it on a flat surface.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
The tide shift can be explained by a simple homemade scientific experiment. Cut out a flat paper disk and drop it from a high place. Notice, the disk doesn't drop straight down, it sways side to side, and may even flip! Our flat Earth is doing the same thing in space, so when it tilts to one side, the tide shifts accordingly

Whoa.

Curious how a flat earther justifies a trip around the world in 1 direction without landing and ending up in the same place.

Just flying around the disc in a circle. Like a Venn diagram.

M3d10n

I'd love to see the trigonometry flat earthers use to explain the sun movement and existence of time zones.

Wait, actually, I don't.

Of all the probable and more entertaining things people could make conspiracies about, why would you ever think people were lying about the earth being round. Who benefits from this round earth "lie". Wtf?

heyf00L

He wasn't talking about geography; he was talking about globalization.

He's saying Florida and California and everything in between as well as China are on a level playing field. China isn't beneath the US competitively.

baconcow

I was listening to Eddie Bravo (MMA radio), last night, and they started talking about flat Earth. Since when is flat Earth a thing, again? I have read about the beliefs and conspiracies and my head hurts. Antarctic has a 164m wall of ice, defended by NASA? The sun and moon are 32 mile spotlights that are 3,300 miles above us? There is an anti-moon? There is no gravity, the Earth disc accelerates upwards at 9.81 m/s^2? The stars are 100 miles above the sun and moon. Planetary videos and photos are CGI and Photoshop? We've never been to space? How does any of this make sense?

Do they think the other planets are flat too?

I don't think they believe in other planets.

Fisty

Sigh... I was hoping to check back today and find out Shaq was just shitting around. I think the NBA should require at least an AA degree, obviously these players are missing middle school-level science education

Shaq man wtf, I looked up to you as a kid

Reminds me of Tila Tequila when she said that the earth was flat.

I seriously hope that Shaq is joking, because if not, than lmao.

I'm not sure why this is a big deal. I've been thought the earth was flat just that it spin so fast it made an illusion that it was circle......Similar to as when you spin a quarter super fast.

Onemic

I believe it tbh. Look at all the fake shit they feed us in the news. It's not like it's only Shaq and Kyrie that are saying this either....

Like can anyone really prove that the earth is round in this thread?

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I believe it tbh. Look at all the fake shit they feed us in the news. It's not like it's only Shaq and Kyrie that are saying this either....

ships over the horizon. you see the top first. That is why they used to sit on the top to lookout.

Cyanity

Banned
I'm not sure why this is a big deal. I've been thought the earth was flat just that it spin so fast it made an illusion that it was circle......Similar to as when you spin a quarter super fast.

These are...joke posts, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom