• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shaq believes in a flat earth. Edit: Claims he doesn't believe in a flat earth

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

I'm not clicking on your link. Water would be flat and all you would need is a really powerful telescope to see across it.

I think you might be overinvested in a spherical existence. we're much too small for that. consider the flatness of your little patch of earth, and appreciate it. If you need more, that's negotiable. But no one needs a sphere. The earth is flat and thank God for it.

These are...joke posts, right?

No, at least mines isn't. I haven't seen any hardcore evidence that really proves me wrong, but I also don't think it's that big of a deal. Like my life isn't going to change if I was proved wrong or proved right, but I've read the facts on this matter.

Cyanity

Banned
No, at least mines isn't. I haven't seen any hardcore evidence that really proves me wrong, but I also don't think it's that big of a deal. Like my life isn't going to change if I was proved wrong or proved right, but I've read the facts on this matter.

You've read crackpot theories on the matter being touted as facts. Not facts.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
I think you might be overinvested in a spherical existence. we're much too small for that. consider the flatness of your little patch of earth, and appreciate it. If you need more, that's negotiable. But no one needs a sphere. The earth is flat and thank God for it.

are you calling me fat?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I'm always amazed in how people selectively believe science. At least humor yourself aim for things in the philosophical realm that cant be proven or disproven by our current scientific laws. At least this way you can't sit in front of a computer (a box filled with science) and argue in favor of stupid shit.

Oh-Please-Kobe-Bryant-Disbelief-Reaction-Gif-At-a-Basketball-Game.gif

Saying "the earth is flat" is like saying "the grass is blue".

Poona

I believe it tbh. Look at all the fake shit they feed us in the news. It's not like it's only Shaq and Kyrie that are saying this either....

Like can anyone really prove that the earth is round in this thread?

If the earth is flat then why hasn't any humans or whatever else got to the edge and fell off? Where is the end point?

Briarios

If the earth is flat then why hasn't any humans or whatever else got to the edge and fell off? Where is the end point?

I'm assuming they believe it is flat like a mobius strip ... I mean, if someone is going to believe something insane, they don't need evidence.

.JayZii

Banned
They have. You and everyone else for the past few hundred years have just been under the thumb of the Mainstream Media's FAKE NEWS.

Sheep.

Two Words

Lay off Shaq, man ... you act like he's making it up. There are people all over the globe that know the Earth is flat!
This dude went WW3 on Javale McGee for several years over his dumb antics on the court. No way Shaq deserves a pass for being this dumb.

Holy shit. Basically every video of earth from space is filled with flat earth nutters in the comments. Hahaha oh man the internet was a mistake.

Oh-Please-Kobe-Bryant-Disbelief-Reaction-Gif-At-a-Basketball-Game.gif

Saying "the earth is flat" is like saying "the grass is blue".
I can only assume you said this not knowing some grass type exist that is known to be blue. Festuca grass, look it up, hopefully with knowing that you'd also be willing to accept the possibility of what I was previously saying as well.

sphagnum

Banned
This comes off kinda mean. I grew up reading and learning from these so called "History" books for 30 years, but I don't call em crackpot theories. Just have an open mind.

What honest reason do you think someone would have to create a massive conspiracy to make everyone in the world believe that the Earth is round and then continue the conspiracy forever.

Educated people have known for thousands of years that the Earth is round. The idea that everyone thought it was flat until the past few centuries is a misconception.

What honest reason do you think someone would have to create a massive conspiracy to make everyone in the world believe that the Earth is round and then continue the conspiracy forever.
Its the illuminati trying to convince people that evolution is true. Seriously.

I can only assume you said this not knowing some grass type exist that is known to be blue. Festuca grass, look it up, hopefully with knowing that you'd also be willing to accept the possibility of what I was previously saying as well.
Hey even if you're dumb for thinking the earth is flat at least you introduced me to this cool grass (if its real!!). I might get some in my garden of i can. Thanks man. Keep fighting

theWB27

You presented a scientific fact to back up your grass and then ask them to take scientific fact and disregard it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?

I've got some beachfront property in Death Valley that is an absolute steal that you should hear about.

sphagnum

Banned
Anyone on GAF believing Earth is a cube or a pyramid ?

Fantastic thread by the way;

Earth is composed of opposite hemispheres
which rotate in opposite directions - equal
to a zero value existence (plus & minus). As
entity, the opposite hemispheres cancel out.
Earth exist as 4 - 90 degree opposite corner
quadrants, but not as a 360 degree circle.
Earth is Cubic opposites, nothing as circle.
A singularity inflicted scholar has not the
mentality, freedom or guts to know that
academia is a Trojan Horse mind control.
Singularity brotherhood owns your brain,
destroying your ability to think Cubicism.
Evil academia blocks out Time Cube site
and suppresses its discussion and debate.
You are an educated singularity idiot who
can stupidly deny Nature's Harmonic 4
simultaneous 24 hour days within a single
rotation of Earth, or even make parody of
the Cubic Creation Principle - but your
mental ability to comprehend thegreatest
social and scientific discovery of all human
existence has been lobotomized by the evil
academic singularity bastards hired to
destroy your ability to think opposite. You
cannot comprehend Opposite Creation.
Religous/academic taught singularity is the
reduction of the human mind to android.
The half of Earth seen from
space, cannot exist without
the opposite half not seen...
existing as opposite values.
Earth entity does not exist -
for it is composed of opposite
hemispheres which rotate in
opposite directions - equating
to a zero value existence, and
to nothing as a "singularity".
You were educated to live an
evil lie - and your heirs will
suffer hell for your stupidity.
The entity you seek is death.

FTF

You guys are being trolled by the Adam Sandler in this thread (yes I know, no n) as much as the real one has does to us with his movies over the last 10+ years.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Ships that you think are disappearing over the horizon are really just descending into Davy Jones's Locker. Checkmate, scientists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom