• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to their sources Shenmue 3 is a reality, it will be a PS4 exclusive and Quantic Dreams are developing it with Yu Suzuki directing it.
cage-fahrenheit02uhu2p0rmh.gif

So Ryo fighting Lan Di on the moon using his machine gun arm will become a reality then

~Kinggi~

Banned
Huh....you know guys Quantic Dream actually kind of seems like a fit given Shenmue's history with QTE and shit. Seems crazy but actually legit.

Corto

thanks for the translation LOL

ummm....so..... my question is....is their source Legit???? Im mean thats pretty crazy...

The evidences they have to support the article are circunstancial. Cerny helping Yu with Shenmue post-mortem conference (i think it was at GDC last year), Quantic Dream and David Cage games being narratively driven games and QTE based, David Cage had a round table meeting/conference with Yu Suzuki in 2013 about narrative in video games and the utility of QTEs, and a photo of Cerny with Yu Suzuki to good measure ending the article. I don't know this site or their reputation or their sources, so I'll file this one on obscure site trying to get their 15 seconds of fame/hits riding the wave of the moment.

can someone get this translated?
http://www.jeuxactu.com/e3-2015-sony-va-annoncer-shenmue-3-et-ca-sera-une-exclu-ps4-99098.htm

it sounds like we're getting more than what we bargained for...

"Shenmue 3 is one of the biggest sea snakes in the history of video games, the Arles par excellence. It is now almost fifteen years that fans await a sequel to the first two games developed by SEGA Dreamcast, then the first Xbox name. Today, talking about Shenmue 3 returns to talk about Half-Life 3: something completely hopeless, that makes millions of gamers drooling but that will never happen. And yet. According to our information, Shenmue 3 is indeed a reality. The game will be presented at E3 2015: this will be exclusive to the PS4, with Yu Suzuki in charge!"

At least thats what i got from the google translator...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Boke1879

According to their sources Shenmue 3 is a reality, it will be a PS4 exclusive and Quantic Dreams are developing it with Yu Suzuki directing it.

Not saying I believe this AT ALL.

But wouldn't Shenmue's gameplay kinda work with what QD has done in the past?

http://www.jeuxactu.com/e3-2015-sony-va-annoncer-shenmue-3-et-ca-sera-une-exclu-ps4-99098.htm

"Shenmue 3 is one of the biggest sea snakes in the history of video games, the Arles par excellence. It is now almost fifteen years that fans await a sequel to the first two games developed by SEGA Dreamcast, then the first Xbox name. Today, talking about Shenmue 3 returns to talk about Half-Life 3: something completely hopeless, that makes millions of gamers drooling but that will never happen. And yet. According to our information, Shenmue 3 is indeed a reality. The game will be presented at E3 2015: this will be exclusive to the PS4, with Yu Suzuki in charge!"

It has come to this

X to LAN DIIIIIII

LAN DIIIIIIII

LAN DIIIIIIIIII!!!!

The evidences they have to support the article are circunstancial. Cerny helping Yu with Shenmue post-mortem conference (i think it was at GDC last year), Quantic Dream and David Cage games being narratively driven games and QTE based, David Cage had a round table meeting/conference with Yu Suzuki in 2013 about narrative in video games and the utility of QTEs, and a photo of Cerny with Yu Suzuki to good measure ending the article. I don't know this site or their reputation or their sources, so I'll file this one on obscure site trying to get their 15 seconds of fame/hits riding the wave of the moment.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If it is Shenmue 3, I really hope they bring ports of 1 and 2 to the PS4. I'd hate to see the game suffer because the mainstream audience passes on it because it's the third entry in a series they've probably never heard of before.

MON DIEU!!!

Corto

Not saying I believe this AT ALL.

But wouldn't Shenmue's gameplay kinda work with what QD has done in the past?

QD engine could be a good fit to the game, but David Cage would need to stay away from the game. Not saying that as a David Cage hater, but if he's directing it with Yu Suzuki just having an advisory role there will be a shitstorm.

Yu walks on stage, holds up 3 fingers, puts the index and ring finger down, turns it around then walks off stage.

Wait wut? I read mnights post wrong.

Behlel

I've recived a notification from twitter and geoff keighley and Gio corsi have started following Yu Suzuki...Maybe an HD remake is on the way.

I predicted QDs next game to be VR only -> Shenmue 3 VR it is then, lol!

I'm overhyped for E3 yet again, I should cut the internet 2 weeks before it all starts, maybe next year!

Zapages

If this comes out to be true. Then this will be one of the most epic E3s ever. :)

This with Transformers, and PoP real or fake rumor, and The Last Guardian Rumor. OMG… E3 hype is here! :)

Heartfyre

I can believe this, but I refuse to. It's too perfect. The perfect team. And with the detail they demonstrated that their engine is capable of, they could do the Shenmue world justice.

26 hours, folks.

Jomjom

Banned
TOMORROW AT 9 PM ET

FINALLY THE DENIGRATED, CRESTFALLEN FANS OF THE LAST GUARDIAN™ AND SHENMUE™ 1 and 2® FOR SEGA® DREAMCAST™ WILL RISE AND GET THEIR JUST DESSERTS.

Nah tomorrow at 9pm they'll probably just be bitching like each and every year.

I've recived a notification from twitter and geoff keighley and Gio corsi have started following Yu Suzuki...Maybe an HD remake is on the way.

If the originals don't hold up gameplay wise then from the perspective of Shenmue 3, an HD remake might do more harm than good?..

IrishNinja

Oh wow that video. Please become the sega I used to love again.

let's not get crazy now m'man

That Sega is gone and the video is trading on its memory.

(;_;) away with your harsh truth-bombs

Shenmue basically was a bad kung fu film.

whereas 2 was some classic Shaw Bros shit

Watch they announce a remaster and its made by Other Ocean lol

What if they announce a new Shenmue....

for......

the PSP Go?

STILL COUNTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom