• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shenmue 3. E3. Fund now or leave gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifune

Mehmber
Ah so THAT's why there were all those reports of QD folks in China a couple years back.

There were no such reports.

Screw it, I'm going all in. If I don't get a full Shenmue I & II remake (yeah remake, not a HD remaster) for 2015 and Shenmue 3 for 2016, with graphics better than The Order, then this will be the worst E3 ever.

Rocky

Banned
Most likely it's going to be a Shenmue HD collection, Sega has to capture the attention of many new gamers first who aren't quite familiar with Shenmue.

I'd love that. Always wanted to play these games, but never owned the consoles they were on.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Recording cautious optimism, Sunday, June 14th, 6:32 PM

Will return for crushing disappointment at a later date

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Let's file it under Shenmue 1+2 HD and 3 for Wii U.

And then laugh if I get it right. Or wrong. It's E3, after all.

RK128

If this leads to an HD remaster of the first two games....that would be great :D. They are classics that many modern gamers might have not played, so porting the games to PS4, X1, Wii U and/or PC would be a awesome move.

I do not expect Shenmue 3 at E3, as it has been so long since Shenmue 2, but I think HD remasters of at least the first one is a realistic expectation to have :).

If anything, this could be part of Sony's "Building-the-List", as the Shenmue series must have hit that list in some fashion.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I am obviously in. I will leverage anything in my grasp to purchase whatever console this would be announced for and the game on day one, regardless of price.

I'll never give up hope. I've been waiting for 3 since the launch day of Shenmue II, and waiting for an HD collection since Sonic Adventure and Jet Set Radio were re-released.

master15

I've been disappointed and jaded for what seems close to a decade waiting for a Shenmue III/remake announcement.

I remain jaded but hopeful.

CHC

Never gonna happen.

But the hope that major companies will randomly see fit to make numbered sequels to 14+ year old games never stops being endearing.

Sega couldnt even be assed re releasing Shenmue on XBLA when they where porting dreamcast games left and right and people think a third game will get announced?

You are crazy.

Synth

Sega couldnt even be assed re releasing Shenmue on XBLA when they where porting dreamcast games left and right and people think a third game will get announced?

You are crazy.

They were just about to press the "release" button, but they got a call from Sony, after they spotted picture of it on Partnernet posted here. Sony told them that they wanna do Shenmue 3, so release something else for now, and they'll take care of Shenmue I&II HD later in preparation for Shenmue 3 when the time comes.

Crazy enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom