• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to go river hopping.

AwuLG1Q.gif

Blue_Moon

Neo Member
Well...I guess it's good to believe what the French have to say lmaooooooooo

Jesus, I came from that theater stunned........

SHENMUE 3 is a FUCKING REALITY OMFG!!! OMG OMG OMG! I'm going to fund the hell out of this game!!!

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
EVERY DREAM HAS COME TRUE

Rough night for the GAF mod team tho

Somebody had to lose in all of this lol. They still win, I bet duck and Kev are jumping in their houses just like we are.

REDSLATE

So, if I'm understanding this right, if you want to play the whole trilogy you need to play each game on different systems (in the US at least):

-Shenmue (Dreamcast)
-Shenmue II (Xbox (or B/C on 360))
-Shenmue III (PS4)

Nah, the first two games are both on Dreamcast if you don't have an Xbox.

Terrible dub, best on Dreamcast. Also lets you import data from 1.

There's an undubbed version for Xbox.
Is the imported data significant? My understanding was that the Xbox version basically overkills the extras by giving you all the moves from the first game and even items you wouldn't be able to get (in the American version).

The performance benefits alone tip the scales in favor of the Xbox.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I pledged $175. Yu and Shenmue deserves this. I'm so happy. I don't know what to do with myself! =x

So Kickstarter is literally the new preorder process... for games that haven't been made.

I think I'm ok with that, actually.

Sega had told him for years they'd never pay for it, that he had to source the funds himself. This was the only way it was ever going to happen.

I'm most definitely backing this but can't understand why a game that is being funded by the public is console exclusive. That seems wrong to me. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Yu Suzuki doesn't need Sony's money to get this game made or published.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Wow. Just wow, it's actually happening. What a fucking first day of E3, I mean wow. And a PC version no less.

Okay, I've never Kickstarted anything in my life, but I'm about to. God damn it I'm about to! I have only to decide how much money I'm going to throw at them...

Onemic

Yeah right it's not coming to XB1.

I'd bet my left nut with how crazy this funding is that it's coming to XB1, unless the 'secret publisher' who has packed this when it hits its funding goal is actually Sony.

I somehow think it is. With it being shown at their conference and all.

Mr. RPG

"These" are 99% likely to be placeholder. Considering the targets release is dec 2017 I wouldn't expect them to of had any final voices.

They honestly shouldn't have shown anything but a Shenmue III logo then.

It is kinda a bad first impression to be honest, but I trust Yu Suzuki.

EBreda

Exactly. Why should the general fan pay for this?

Really? Bragging about a KS campaign on your conference? It's a mere 2 million, why can't they give the man the money?

All hope is lost. I'd fund it if I had the money. I can't comprehend Sony not funding this. Speechless.

Bio-Frost

Voice acting.
It was a really good port outside of that, running much smoother than Shenmue 2 on Dreamcast (which had pretty bad framedrops at times).
I did prefer the colour palette on Dreamcast to the bloomy Xbox version.
Some of the voice acting was great thou Rens vo was amazing. Worth the Xbox port alone.

KageMaru

I'm still in shock that this is happening. I was covered in goosebumps the moment the music started playing and still am amazed at what is going on here. I love what the community is doing here and it's one of the reasons I love video games.

SparkTR

I'm most definitely backing this but can't understand why a game that is being funded by the public is console exclusive. That seems wrong to me. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that Yu Suzuki doesn't need Sony's money to get this game made or published.

It seems like Sony is going to help fund this. The original games cost around 70m to develop, this isn't going to be funded with just Kickstarter.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Really? Bragging about a KS campaign on your conference? It's a mere 2 million, why can't they give the man the money?

All hope is lost. I'd fund it if I had the money. I can't comprehend Sony not funding this. Speechless.

Sony is not a charity. Shenmue hs been a dead series for almost 2 decades. Sony wasn't gonna spend a dime until they saw that fan demand was there.

And based on the current #s, there is.

Shenmue under no circumstances would cost just 2m to make. So who's putting up the rest? That's probably why it's console exclusive.

i'm actually okay with this. I think gamers putting money where their mouth is is a good incentive for publishers to go forward with additional funding

You can beg for Type0 and Yakuza 5 all you want, but that's not a guarantee that you will buy it. Begging doesn't instill confidence in publishers as much as gamers would like to think.

Shenmue 3 is doing it right

I hope Nintendo is paying attention - maybe they can do this with Earthbound, given it's following.

And... legit Chrono Trigger sequel.

Baki

Because they'll giving him much more then 2 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom