• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

border

Just for those wondering about the 'budget':

psknzlE.png

Except that is not at all typical for videogame Kickstarters. Doublefine had to go back to the well several times to get more money for Broken Age. I can only recall a few instances where a KS developer claimed that they had secondary funding (the most recent being Bloodstained).

If that's the case with Shenmue 3 though then they absolutely need to disclose it.

GavinGT

Banned
1) The voices were horrid
2) the facial animations were just as bad
3) Ryo looks like he's 10 years older

Hopefully that was just a super-rough video they threw together with no funding.

duckroll

To be fair, if the kickstarter was announced on its own instead of in the middle of E3 I'd imagine it probably wouldn't have gone anywhere near as fast as it is now

No need to be "fair" or anything. I don't mind people making fun of that. It's all good. I totally respect the fact that Suzuki stopped beating around the bush and actually went out and did the campaign and made a big splash about it at a major conference at E3. That's how games are supposed to affect people. Long awaited announcements are supposed to make people super excited and happy. I love being wrong if it's over stuff like this.

Now Igavania on the other hand.... uhhhh...

goldenpp72

You most definitely do NOT want to play Shenmue II on XBOX. That is a butchered version. Play both Shenmue and Shenmue II on Dreamcast only.

Game is fine on Xbox, if you enjoyed the dub on DC you can get through it just fine on Xbox, butchering is a harsh term for mildly inferior at worst. I played it through no problems and am a huge Dreamcast fanboy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I still can't believe Shenmue 3 was announced with the rest.

Also that Kickstarter is going to be at $10 Million when it is finished.

This game will not be the scope of the first two. There is no way they can hope to sell enough copies to exceed that budget. I think sometimes Gaf needs to slow down the hype train and think realistically about things.

Doesn't matter , the story will be finished.

That story will be finished

Just think about it...

G0523

You most definitely do NOT want to play Shenmue II on XBOX. That is a butchered version. Play both Shenmue and Shenmue II on Dreamcast only.

How is it butchered? Also, I'd have to find a European copy of Shenmue II and get my Dreamcast (if it's still working) to run foreign discs.

If you own a PC and have the original Dreamcast versions you can also emulate them on NullDC on PC (and other platforms). I played through Shenmue 1/2 like this and even imported my saves/

Oh. This works too.

SRTtoZ

When I first loaded the kickstarter it was at $3000 and now its around 1.1m. Very proud of the Shenmue'rs out there.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I still can't believe Shenmue 3 was announced with the rest.

Also that Kickstarter is going to be at $10 Million when it is finished.

They need to manage the campaign properly. If they dont do regular updates or livestreams they are hurting its potential.

If they want to go fucking crazy, get Adam Boyes on a livestream and do regular updates etc. That will garuntee maximum backing.

Nzyme32

Funny how Kickstarter fell over in a heap minutes after the reveal.

There needs to be a PS4 physical tier. I don't understand why there isn't.

They will likely add it. PC users consistently are the heaviest backers for games. Or could be that there is a PC investor on board with more funding. Kickstarter will not be the only funding channel

You ever see that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, Turtles Forever? Where the 2003 TMNT meet up with the 87 TMNT? And at the end, they travel to the original universe and meet the comic versions of the TMNT, and all TMNT stems from them, and they're the most badass of all?

Modern gaming is the 2003 and 1987 TMNT teams, and Shenmue is the comic book TMNT.

so its the original Yakuza before Yakuza?
im intrigued

Mr. RPG

Looks like the Japanese version of Shenmue III will have the original voice actors (at least for Ryo) so hopefully Corey Marshall will be able to play Ryo after all!

I'm really hoping. The original voice of Ryo is really important. :(

Except that is not at all typical for videogame Kickstarters. I can only recall a few instances where a KS developer claimed that they had secondary funding (the most recent being Bloodstained).

If that's the case with Shenmue 3 though then they absolutely need to disclose it.
Well, it's only announced for PC and PS4 so it's obvious Sony has a hand in it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta say that after Bloodstained, the pitch video looks quite lackluster. Still, I'm intrigued enough to pledge for a digital copy. Hope someone realizes that not remaking Shenmue I & II is leaving money on the table now. Get on it Sega or someone...

NekoFever

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

It's like I knew. I woke up in the middle of the night, no alarms or anything, after literally dreaming that this would be announced. Admittedly it was an MMO in my dream, but close enough.

I've always kept the faith. In for the $300 edition.

Soi-Fong

Well, it's only announced for PC and PS4 so it's obvious Sony has a hand in it.

Yeah.. It's real weird with this. This was what I was expecting with FFVII-R, not Shenmue 3.. But I mean damn.. Sony just got this.

And I cannot believe I just backed this for $300.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom