• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Seems to be kind of an awkward Kickstarter. Enormous goals without the tiers to get to it, goes from 500 to 10,000 and all of the 10,000 items are gone.

Mask

I'm in for $120!

Never in a million years did I think we'd be getting this. Just, the idea was crazy. But it's happening, and in the very same day, we get two other absolutely crazy announcements.

Fuckin' Sony, man. They did it.

Skyzard

Banned
It's been a long time though, that fucking cliffhanger, no comics to finish the story, nothing. The bastard.

Deliver, old man.

Kamek

Put in $310. I can't believe this is happening, but I believed. I just went on Shenmuedojo and it still looks like a 1999 website, but everyone is coming back from years past and celebrating. Man to everyone who believed, finally. FINALLY.

This shit meant so much to me because Shenmue was one of the only games my dad ever showed interest in and we played together. Hopefully when 3 comes out he'll be interested in picking up where we left off.

Rival

Gold Member
Wow Sony nailed it and announced the holy trinity of games I never thought I'd see but wanted more than anything.

1) The voices were horrid
2) the facial animations were just as bad
3) Ryo looks like he's 10 years older

Hopefully that was just a super-rough video they threw together with no funding.

If you've got a problem with bad voices, Shenmue is not for you.

This thing might be funded by the time everyone wakes up tomorrow. Suzuki definitely timed it well.

How is it butchered?

It's fine I thought. I played both. The xbox version does have the shitty, if somewhat charming, English voice acting. And I think things look brighter at night on the xbox version for some reason. I remember that being kind of odd. But I think that's really it for the negatives. Load times are greatly reduced, it runs a bit smoother, and there's less pop in. Haven't played either version in years though, and I'm not sure how it runs on a 360, but I remember it being more than fine on the original Xbox.

Neff

Just for those wondering about the 'budget':

psknzlE.png

So Kickstarter is literally the new preorder process... for games that haven't been made.

I think I'm ok with that, actually.

Hag

Just checked the team page on the KS site. Yu managed to get his old team together again

The game is gonna be a fucking bless jesus christ

Man I am just happy for Yu Suzuki. He's gotta be looking at the numbers this KS is gaining and feeling totally vindicated. This franchise was his baby and Sega just let it die. Yu was basically out of game development. This is like this his final gift, another chance to experience that Sega feel.

Shenmue 2 was the among the last games of an era where Sega games truly had their own voice.

x3sphere

Uh. GAF. I backed immediately when the site was chugging.

I chose the $29 tier but it pledged me at the $10,000 jacket tier.

Am I badass enough to roll around in a 10k jacket?

no

You should actually start a thread about this. Could give the spot to some other GAFer

Amir0x

Banned
Dreams do come true. Sucks it's not coming to X1 though glad I have a PS4. Will be my first kick starter I back...

Yeah right it's not coming to XB1.

I'd bet my left nut with how crazy this funding is that it's coming to XB1, unless the 'secret publisher' who has packed this when it hits its funding goal is actually Sony.

fvng

Just for those wondering about the 'budget':

psknzlE.png

i'm actually okay with this. I think gamers putting money where their mouth is is a good incentive for publishers to go forward with additional funding

You can beg for Type0 and Yakuza 5 all you want, but that's not a guarantee that you will buy it. Begging doesn't instill confidence in publishers as much as gamers would like to think.

Shenmue 3 is doing it right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom