• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shia LaBeouf slashes own face

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean*O

People are being harsh in here. So he pulled a tooth and cut his face. Maybe it helped get his head where he felt he needed it to deliver the right performance. He probably got a few million for the role too, worth it.

I hated this guy but his dedication is winning me over.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
People are being harsh in here. So he pulled a tooth and cut his face. Maybe it helped get his head where he felt he needed it to deliver the right performance. He probably got a few million for the role too, worth it.

I hated this guy but his dedication is winning me over.
Makeup artists can create the same appearance without disfiguring the actor. The director didn't even ask for it. It's bizarre, is what it is. The man is legit crazy. His actions for the last few years scream mental illness.

Makeup artists can create the same appearance without disfiguring the actor. The director didn't even ask for it. It's bizarre, is what it is. The man is legit crazy. His actions for the last few years scream mental illness.

That's... hard to say for certainty.

Do people say the same thing when Daniel Day Lewis or Marlon Brando went all in on a role?

I'm starting to like the guy even more now, for 2 reasons :

1. He's gonna blow up and do something really fucking stupid one day.
2. He riles up most of Gaf.

freddy

Banned
Guy makes a few mil with a small cut on his face and we are pointing and laughing at him.... ALRIGHT

Read the thread. Most don't share your view here. I'd certainly trade a million dollars to get rid of my mental problem if I had one like this guys seems to. I feel sorry for the guy not angry.

Hmmm.

I think this is less about method acting, and more that he is clearly not right in the head.

Hopefully he'll get himself sorted.

wildfire

Banned
*sigh* I used to really like Shia, and unlike most I enjoyed him in the Transformers movies and always defended him. Now he's the male Lindsay Lohan, and everyone is too busy pointing and laughing at him or using him for his money to get him the help he really needs :(

You acknowledge he needs help, but you are still WAAAAAAYYY underestimating his condition by comparing him to Lohan.

NimbusD

It's been pretty clear for a while that this dude has some sort of mental illness. Unfortunately we're all just going to use him as a punching bag and a source of zany entertainment until something really tragic happens to him.

Monster Zero

Read the thread. Most don't share your view here. I'd certainly trade a million dollars to get rid of my mental problem if I had one like this guys seems to. I feel sorry for the guy not angry.

I read the thread, It's a bunch of people claiming Shia is mentally ill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom