• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING NEWS:Sony Will Show “More than Ten” PS4 Titles at Tokyo Game Show(dont hype)

Acosta

Minna no Golf and Yakuza are two for sure. Not sure about the other two, it could be anything.

Something from From would be cool, and they have a tradition of being early in new Sony machines. I keep dreaming with a new surprise Ridge Racer from a team in Namco. A Playstation launch without a Ridge Racer seems wrong.

le.phat

It always works like this:

nothingdrainsthistubr1lam.gif

Best thing to come out of this thread :D

Sony buying out Atlus ? Your tub is already leak.

I seem to remember there was a lot of pre-Gamescom hype and how GC was 'all about the games'. Instead we got an indie-fest. I didn't expect God of War or Uncharted, but the fact we didn't even get The Order to show up was disappointing.

Yeah, just because you think indie games aren't games doesn't mean they didn't show games. They revealed a lot of stuff, a few of them exclusive.

velociraptor

Yeah, just because you think indie games aren't games doesn't mean they didn't show games. They revealed a lot of stuff, a few of them exclusive.
You've clearly misunderstood me.

No one is suggesting Indie games aren't games. In fact, I am looking forward to some of the new titles Sony has announced, although the likes of The Order is what I'm really intrigued by.

I had expected at least one 'AAA' style title.

Indie titles aren't why I'm purchasing a PS4. I'm purchasing a PS4 because of the likes of Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, Sony Santa Monica etc.

ReaperXL7

Oh also with this being the Japanese show maybe we can expect:

tumblr_mhrna7TwQW1s5o3aso9_400.gif

Hes gotta be there for the ridge racer announcement right? I like the new team, but it just does not feel like a PS launch without Kaz sometimes

macewank

crossing my fingers it's not indie stuff. i like that they're giving a lot of attention to those guys, but I'd really like to see some more AAA and regular games.

Rozart

The Last Guardian. Whisper it.

Won't happen because lol it has to be 'available to visitors at its booth'. But I don't care, imma hype.

salromano

Tell me more!...less I have to provide effort and hunt this down myself.

Additionally

I'm hyped for the 4th time this year
and I don't even have hair growing out of my palms.

It's a tech demo released by tri-Ace in, IIRC, 2011. I believe they've said it's not representative of an actual game, but it looks like a Star Ocean game minus the annoying characters of The Last Hope. Which I'm sure everyone would love.

Also, plz Persona 5.

You've clearly misunderstood me.

No one is suggesting Indie games aren't games. In fact, I am looking forward to some of the new titles Sony has announced, although the likes of The Order is what I'm really intrigued by.

I had expected at least one 'AAA' style title.

Indie titles aren't why I'm purchasing a PS4. I'm purchasing a PS4 because of the likes of Naughty Dog, Guerilla Games, Sony Santa Monica etc.

I didn't misunderstand anything. You said

I seem to remember there was a lot of pre-Gamescom hype and how GC was 'all about the games'. Instead we got an indie-fest. I didn't expect God of War or Uncharted, but the fact we didn't even get The Order to show up was disappointing.

They announced a shitload of games for all three platforms. It WAS all about the games. The fact that you're more interested in AAA games doesn't make that statement false.

Jonboy

I have just recently started getting into the Demon's Souls/Dark Souls games (beat Demon's Souls, just beat
Ornstein and Smough
in Dark Souls), can someone explain why people would be much more hyped for Demon's Souls 2 than Dark Souls 2, a game that we know is coming?

I know it has something to do with Miyazaki and how the original Demon's Souls was a Sony exclusive, but that's really all I know.

Personally, I'm enjoying the open world nature of Dark Souls more than I did the somewhat linear layout of Demon's Souls.

Copenap

I have just recently started getting into the Demon's Souls/Dark Souls games (beat Demon's Souls, just beat
Ornstein and Smough
in Dark Souls), can someone explain why people would be much more hyped for Demon's Souls 2 than Dark Souls 2, a game that we know is coming?

I know it has something to do with Miyazaki and how the original Demon's Souls was a Sony exclusive, but that's really all I know.

Personally, I'm enjoying the open world nature of Dark Souls more than I did the somewhat linear layout of Demon's Souls.
Well, for one DarkSouls 2 is PS360 and people would be hyped about a next gen Souls game. In addition, the more Souls, the more hype.

boinx

Ornstein and Smough

Because Miyazaki and PS4

Raist

Banned
The only new thing will be Yakuza.

They'll probably have Infamous, Watch_dogs and the usual suspects which are missing from that list so far.

edit: Maybe Deep Down?

~~Hasan~~

i am 99.99% sure that we will get to see TLG in a trailer form coming to PS4.

the only reason they keep telling us to wait and they are not talking about it is because its been transformed into a PS4 project just like FF13vs to FF15.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't believe them.

Just like we were meant to see fresh titles during Gamescom, right?

indie games aren't 'fresh titles'?

Minna no Golf on PS4 and/or proper Ridge Racer (do a greatest hits compilation in HD!)

Ornstein and Smough

OT but:

1. Was a harder game.
2. Characters and atmosphere were darker and I personally liked it more
3. Nexus was a better idea as it avoided useless backtracking to go to different areas or blacksmiths.
4. Battle system was more balanced imo. No poise, magic was less overpowered, stat scaling mattered more, backstabbing was less viable, faster pace.
5. More creative bosses (I'm sure you realise the amount of bosses in Dark Souls that were inspired by Demons souls bosses)

velociraptor

I didn't misunderstand anything. You said

They announced a shitload of games for all three platforms. It WAS all about the games. The fact that you're more interested in AAA games doesn't make that statement false.
Nope, they announced a few new titles, and they were all Indie/network titles.

Footos22

The only new thing will be Yakuza.

They'll probably have Infamous, Watch_dogs and the usual suspects which are missing from that list so far.

edit: Maybe Deep Down?

Deep Down is already confirmed is it not?
Quite hyped for that although i shouldn't be as its blatantly going to look nothing like the feb trailer.

Top Bottom