• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: Suicide Squad is officially rated by MPAA as PG-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
The worst heroes ever won’t have an R rating when they arrive in theaters this summer.

Suicide Squad has officially received a PG-13 rating from the Motion Picture Association of America. The film earned the rating for “sequences of violence and action throughout, disturbing behavior, and suggestive content and language.”

Director David Ayer had previously said Suicide Squad was always aiming for that lower rating, but that an R-rated sequel would be something “worth lobbying for.”

“For an R movie, you have to decide to do it right out the gate, and that was never the case here,” Ayer said in April at CinemaCon. “We were always going to hit the PG-13 rating. But the film is meant to be that. It’s got edge, and it’s got attitude. And it’s got its own voice … There’s a lot in the film that’s going to surprise people.”
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/08/suicide-squad-rating-pg-13

I'm still interested in it considering it at least looks interesting rather than Snyder's efforts in the DCU.

At any rate, this news should pretty much bury any speculation that it will be turned R due to Deadpool.

HvySky

Didn't realize people were actually expecting this to be rated R. I guess I can understand after Deadpool's popularity, but ever since it's announcement (and subsequent trailers) I was always under the impression it was gonna be PG-13.

Alienous

I expected more edge.

0G7lGeb.jpg

People want the Suicide Squad to be Tarrantino-esqe, but it will probably be more like Fantastic Four-esque, with or without an R rating.

It's shitty that every movie is made by picking the rating first. Movies would be a lot better if the movie came first and then it was rated when it was done. This Film Is Not Yet Rated really exposed the people who rate our movies as a bunch of corporate religious weirdos. I wish they didn't have such a stranglehold on our society.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
We're starting to get greedy here. Can't make all the movies catered to us. Kids need some movies. lol

Samimista

I'm alright with this.

I didn't think it would be Rated R anyways, so children can watch with the Batman characters and all.

tkscz

Doesn't really stop it from being a good film but I feel like this is from those revisions we've heard about. After BvS super serious and way too cryptic mood didn't do it with audiences, WB/DC has decided to take the Dinsey/Marvel route.

Penguin

I mean we've known this for a few months that Warner was aiming for Pg-13 with all of their films.

And it makes the most sense.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The idea that some have that a movie needs to be R-rated to be a great movie is mind-boggling.

Looks like somebody rummaged around the dumpster behind a Hot Topic to get all the costumes, so I assumed they were always aiming toward 'disaffected teens' (tm).

Falchion

Hmm, I'm still excited but I guess I just assumed it would be aiming for the R. That does isolate a lot of potential sales though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom