• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shocking News: Suicide Squad is officially rated by MPAA as PG-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth would a theatrical Batman spinoff be R? This was already in the can by the time Deadpool was a (suprise) hit. They've said over and over that it would be PG-13.

At least no one has posted a Chris Evans GIF yet.

tumblr_n8zqeepOol1swkpopo5_r1_250.gif

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

But yeah, expected. I imagine that they might do an "Ultimate Edition" R-rated cut, if that footage exists.

Gonna be easier now for those kids to convince their parents that it's okay to go see PG-13 Harley, than it would've been an R-rated Harley.

J0bAhfJ.jpg

LakeEarth

I keep seeing "shocking" and "suicide" so close together that I worry for a second every time I see the thread title.

Jumeira

Banned
I like how people think a R-Rating somehow makes a film better. You'd after AvP:R we would've learned better.

I think your looking at it wrong, it means the makers arnt as restricted to deliver the story. And for an action movie, showing themes and consequences without the fear of being obstructed is quite valuable to a lot of people.

Parch

Nothing wrong with a PG-13 rating. That still can have a lot of violence and language. For an action movie that rating really doesn't prevent a lot.

An R rating usually means nudity which seems to be a bigger deal for the american prudes. Whatever. An comic action movie doesn't need nudity so PG-13 is fine.

4Tran

Why should this be a surprise? The reason why Deadpool was R-Rated was because the creative staff targeted that rating from the very get-go. A movie that wasn't designed to do so from the beginning has very little reason to go for that rating halfway through production. An R-Rated Suicide Squad might well be better than a PG-13 one, but they would have had to have that goal at the very start of production for it to make any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom