• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2016 Edition

Here is my updated setup. Proof that poor people can do it too.

Standing up at couch
GDA09pI.jpg

Side
drJFYhd.jpg

Back wall, with the blanket Mrs.Schniffles made me for Christmas.
Ipb0keJ.jpg

View from the door. Its a pretty small room.
MQ1inw7.jpg

This is what it looks like most of the time from the sitting position I play from. Have a 6500k backlight behind the tv for enhanced contrast and reduced eye fatigue.
A2Tmut1.jpg

Fluance 5.0 speakers, Klipsch SW-450 sub, Sony 5.2 AVR, Vizio 55" calibrated tv, laptop hooked up to everything with a wireless k+m, PS4. Acoustic foam at first reflection points and backwall and have a few bass traps as well. Eclipse curtains for dark viewing as this doubles as my home theater room as well. Still need to do some painting as I scratched up that back wall pretty good moving stuff around so much, as well as some additional wire cleanup. Hope you enjoy my simple setup.

Could see you pulling an all nighter with a set up like this, it looks cozy! I would stay up till 7:00 am paying something in that room.

newsguy

I recently moved and am putting the finishing touches on the setup in my new home. I posted my old setup in the 2015 thread here.

My current setup is fairly similar to my old one, with the primary changes being better speakers and more shelving space. I kept the important things intact, Chiefy in one corner and 20th Anniversary PS4 in the other.

For those curious, the theater room is around 22.5' x 17.5'. I have a 7.2 Klipsch Reference speaker setup, which is accompanied by a Sony 7.2 Receiver and a Sony VPLHW30AES projector.

Hey I have an HW40ES and a 7.1 (Atmos) Kilpsch setup in my theater! Yours is way bigger and cleaner though lol. Love your setup.

Hey I have an HW40ES and a 7.1 (Atmos) Kilpsch setup in my theater! Yours is way bigger and cleaner though lol. Love your setup.

I'm regretting not purchasing an Atmos receiver. Do you think it's worth upgrading? Also, I'm surprised you went with a high end projector/speaker setup while opting for a single sub. You should remedy that! Not sure if you have a Fry's nearby, but they put 12" Klipsch reference subs on promo code on a semi-regular basis.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Not sure if I posted this yet, a work in progress pic of my new gaming setup. Getting there, still needs a few sheets of glass and a lick of paint. Going full Harvey Specter this time.

DuEqGaS.jpg

Not sure if I posted this yet, a work in progress pic of my new gaming setup. Getting there, still needs a few sheets of glass and a lick of paint. Going full Harvey Specter this time.

http://i.imgur.com/DuEqGaS.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Gotta love the view, of all the cranes. When's the eta on moving in?

Chittagong

Gold Member
Gotta love the view, of all the cranes. When's the eta on moving in?

Yeah view is phenomenal, you can see Canary Wharf, City, Shard, Barbican, London Eye, Holborn Centrepoint and BT Tower, all from the living room.

They are claiming June / July for completion, but seeing how that pic was taken just a few weeks ago, I'm thinking September / October earliest.

We are just kicking off things with the interior architects in a week or two. First time I use professionals, but the thing is that they get so much better prices for furniture that the service is virtually free for me. Did a very tight brief though!

Mascot

We are just kicking off things with the interior architects in a week or two. First time I use professionals, but the thing is that they get so much better prices for furniture that the service is virtually free for me. Did a very tight brief though!

Yeah, my briefs would also feel tight if I peered over that railing.

Inside

Great thread and some amazing gaming setups out there.

My own setup is very minimalistic.

AV setup:
Panasonic 55” VT60
Primare SPA21 amplifier
Primare T22 tuner for radio
Homemade HTPC in Primare chassis
REL T5 Subwoofer
System Audio mantra 60 floorspeakers

To the left of the setup I have my CIB Game Boy collection stored. Once a while I change which games should be on display.

I also have a SNES and PS3 but these are not plugged in all the time.

wPZb8Fn.jpg

g6IYgVT.jpg

ciiVas0.jpg

2UepIpJ.jpg

Yeah view is phenomenal, you can see Canary Wharf, City, Shard, Barbican, London Eye, Holborn Centrepoint and BT Tower, all from the living room.

They are claiming June / July for completion, but seeing how that pic was taken just a few weeks ago, I'm thinking September / October earliest.

I'd be happy to wait for a few extra months for that view. I hope the fit out matches the view.

Buttons

Some pretty nice setups have been posted lately, keep it up everyone. :D

Wow that view is amazing Chitta, can't wait to see how it will look like in a few months time. :)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Love the concrete blocks Inside, they complement really well the high end AV equipment. Not sure if I could ever pull off something creative like that.

Inside

Love the concrete blocks Inside, they complement really well the high end AV equipment. Not sure if I could ever pull off something creative like that.

Thanks. The best part is that these concrete blocks are very cheap. About USD 2-3 per pcs here in Denmark. The worst part is taking them from the car and up to the apartment. They are heavy as hell :p

1458657229467_zpslyhvyh8t.jpg

Newest additions since my last post (last year)... upgraded my 2nd gen PS4 with the 3rd gen Destiny LE, replaced the 500GB HDD with a 2TB. Upgraded my 4k Pioneer AVR with a newer Denon AVR-X2200W w/ Dolby Atmos (even though I don't have the right speakers yet) and DTS-X (soon) support. Finally I replaced my Alienware X51 with a HP Phoenix Envy w/ a GTX 980ti and 4ghz Intel i7 processor.

Just finished hooking up the bedroom set-up.

1458687297363_zpsgvbv106o.jpg

Max_Po

Banned
I was looking at some of the other setups from previous pages, and felt compelled to share this "progression" picture of how my setup has evolved over the last couple of years.

It used to be a "mess" and pretty overwhelming with a general lack of cable management or effort.
But then things slowly started to change.

oMrFxPW.jpg

I find your setup extreme neat however I hope you are not using your PS4 and especially xbox one in that setup.

XboxOne's top right gets hot. You have to have more room for ventilation.

Potato pic of peace, the camera flash makes my fan LEDs look blue but they are actually white and has added some glare on the right side that looks like a smear.

mweSlGt.jpg

Such a clean looking case, this reason alone I think is enough for me to want to build my next PC... but I say that every time.

I've been following this thread for years. Many of you have amazing setups that make me lust over them. Here are a few shots of my place, and setup.

The Living Room (Game/Movies)
Living Room Setup:
-Sony KDL65W850A
-Marantz 7010 AV Receiver
-Marantz UD7007 Blu-ray Player
-Panamax M5300-PM x2
-Sonos Connect
-Harmony Ultimate Home
-Sony PlayStation 4
-Audio Technica LP120

Speakers:
Fronts - MartinLogan Motion 60XT
Center - MartinLogan Motion 50XT
Heights - MartinLogan Motion 15
Surrounds - MartinLogan - ElectroMotion R
Surround Backs - MartinLogan - ElectroMotion IW
Dual Subwoofers - MartinLogan - Dynamo 1000 12"

Dope set-up. Where did you get those white chairs/stools in your kitchen?

Bonk

Great thread and some amazing gaming setups out there.

My own setup is very minimalistic.

AV setup:
Panasonic 55” VT60
Primare SPA21 amplifier
Primare T22 tuner for radio
Homemade HTPC in Primare chassis
REL T5 Subwoofer
System Audio mantra 60 floorspeakers

To the left of the setup I have my CIB Game Boy collection stored. Once a while I change which games should be on display.

I also have a SNES and PS3 but these are not plugged in all the time.

wPZb8Fn.jpg

g6IYgVT.jpg

ciiVas0.jpg

2UepIpJ.jpg

Very nice! I love the contrast as well! The best ideas are always simple in retrospect.

I am tweaking my setup at the moment. New TV and couch upcoming. Should have some new fotos in a few weeks.

Falchion

One thing I really do love is my lighting. I've set up Philips Hue lights throughout the place and I can control everything through my smartphone or a Logitech Harmony remote. I can make the entire place feel different at the push of a button and I have different settings for games, movies, computer usage, reading etc.

The lighting was expensive to set-up but completely worth it.

So what all did you need to set up the lighting in your room? I'd love to do something similar in my space.

Mihos

Gold Member
One thing I really do love is my lighting. I've set up Philips Hue lights throughout the place and I can control everything through my smartphone or a Logitech Harmony remote. I can make the entire place feel different at the push of a button and I have different settings for games, movies, computer usage, reading etc.

I have my hue lights controlled via SmartThings so that the lighting combinations change dependent on motion that is happening through out the rest of the house. So even when I am wrapped up in a game, I know at all times what is going on in and around my house. The SmartThings hub is only $99 and has no subscription. I also have my Amazon echo tied into it to change modes and turn on/off devices with my voice. It also controls my harmony hub, so I hit the 'Daddy's Home' button and the screen comes down, sports center comes up, the Hue Bulbs go into monitor mode, the lights all go to their preset brightness, and my retro systems power up.

I am working on triggering notifications to do something similar when I have a VR headset on. It already works with Gear VR (by just sending me a text when certain doors open). I will probably do something similar with Vive depending on how steam messages are handled. It is pretty ridiculous easy to do.

Balb

Right, either I'm an untidy bastard or this thread is OCD central...

I suspect it's the first

It might be that the people who are willing to post their setups in this thread are the ones who have put the most thought and effort into their setups :p

Kovacs

So what all did you need to set up the lighting in your room? I'd love to do something similar in my space.

I use a mixture of the Philips Hue and Friends of Hue products.

At its most basic you'll need a bridge which blogs into your router via ethernet and is what controls the lighting network. Then you'll need bulbs or lamps. The simplest setup would be to get one of the starter kits as that will contain everything you need in a box and is a pretty decent cost saving over buying separately.

Now is a fairly good time to buy as they've updated the range recently and so its been fairly easy to find the previous gen stuff at good prices. It's always worth keeping an eye on Amazon as well as they tend to go on offer quite a bit. That's how I built out my setup - I think I've spent about a third of the full retail price for all my gear.

For my own setup I have use lightstrips behind my monitor and TV. These give a nice illumination and help reduce eyestrain at night.

I also have a couple of Blooms and Iris' aimed at the walls. They aren't the brightest so I still need a 'task light' for anything other than ambience but these are the lights that create the large colour swathes.

For control, I either have macros set up on the Logitech Harmony but mainly I use an app called iConnectHue which is so much better than the official app that it's laughable.

This allows for a lot of autonomy so for example I have everything on timers and geolocation so that if I get home at dusk the lights will turn on when app detects I'm near home. I've also got lights in the bedroom at ramp up in brightness for a more natural wake up.

Finally I also use the new Dimmer switch. These are really cheap and act as a simple on/off switch and brightness control. They also unclip and can be used as a remote.
However, using iConnectHue you can actually program it to respond to different tap lengths etc which makes it incredibly useful.

To be honest it's something that you don't need in any way at all. But once you have it you can't imagine ever going back to traditional lighting.

I have my hue lights controlled via SmartThings so that the lighting combinations change dependent on motion that is happening through out the rest of the house.

I'm very similar in that I've set everything up to be controlled in some way or another. I picked up a few Wi-Fi plug sockets from a brand called Orvibo. They are similar to the Belkin WeMo range but half the price. I absolutely love just being able to sit down and press one button and have all my lights fade, the AV equipment turn on and go to the correct settings and thanks to the wi-fi plugs even the aquarium lighting is controlled. The new version of the bridge is HomeKit enabled so you can use Siri now. However, it means using the official app on iOS devices so I'll wait until iConnectHue supports it!

tariniel

I just dusted and reorganized my desk area a bit. The way I had it before was pretty much a complete clusterfuck and it was also really dusty because I'm lazy. The cable management is bad but trust me, it's at least 10x better than before.

GDkmaEu.jpg

Can't forget the Kramer:

I eventually plan to get a wood/butchers block countertop and make a desk out of it, but for now this is good enough.

lame gag

Banned
Some of these aren't even gaming set ups. Why am I seeing kitchens and living rooms with no gaming equipment in sight? Nice rooms sure, but this is a gaming setups thread. Show where you do your gaming, not where you do your cooking.

Oxn

Some of these aren't even gaming set ups. Why am I seeing kitchens and living rooms with no gaming equipment in sight? Nice rooms sure, but this is a gaming setups thread. Show where you do your gaming, not where you do your cooking.

no?????

Here's a few shots from just before Christmas before my account was activated. It was actually looking for redecorating ideas that led me to Neogaf and the 2015 version of this thread.

I'm in a pretty small place and your typical bog standard, rectangular, low-ceilinged, zero natural light British place so it's designed around making the best use of the space without feeling claustrophobic.

I've effectively divided the room into two - the entertainment area with the TV & sofa and the office area with the Mac and all my books. This works surprisingly well.

The lighting was expensive to set-up but completely worth it.

TV, with Sony AV Amp, Xbox One, PS4 and Wii U set up. The 360 hasn't really seen any use for a while now. The wiring has been tidied now. I was testing out Ethernet over Powerlines as I found I had a wi-fi dead spot in the corner at the time. I'm running 5.1 sound and as I'm a movie nut this has been set-up for my seating position.

My system is a Mac Pro with 3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon and a GTX680. I spent most of my time in OSX but I do Bootcamp into Windows for PC Games. But to be honest I prefer the consoles and most of the PC games I play are through OSX anyway.

Due to space issues I couldn't keep all my cases. Just far too much room taken up by them. All my disks are kept in sleeves in a set of drawers. Around 1,200 in total and that was after I ripped and disposed of the 'Special Feature' bonus discs.

So cozy, homie. Looks great.

Rikkun

I use a mixture of the Philips Hue and Friends of Hue products.

At its most basic you'll need a bridge which blogs into your router via ethernet and is what controls the lighting network. Then you'll need bulbs or lamps. The simplest setup would be to get one of the starter kits as that will contain everything you need in a box and is a pretty decent cost saving over buying separately.

Now is a fairly good time to buy as they've updated the range recently and so its been fairly easy to find the previous gen stuff at good prices. It's always worth keeping an eye on Amazon as well as they tend to go on offer quite a bit. That's how I built out my setup - I think I've spent about a third of the full retail price for all my gear.

For my own setup I have use lightstrips behind my monitor and TV. These give a nice illumination and help reduce eyestrain at night.

I also have a couple of Blooms and Iris' aimed at the walls. They aren't the brightest so I still need a 'task light' for anything other than ambience but these are the lights that create the large colour swathes.

For control, I either have macros set up on the Logitech Harmony but mainly I use an app called iConnectHue which is so much better than the official app that it's laughable.

This allows for a lot of autonomy so for example I have everything on timers and geolocation so that if I get home at dusk the lights will turn on when app detects I'm near home. I've also got lights in the bedroom at ramp up in brightness for a more natural wake up.

Finally I also use the new Dimmer switch. These are really cheap and act as a simple on/off switch and brightness control. They also unclip and can be used as a remote.
However, using iConnectHue you can actually program it to respond to different tap lengths etc which makes it incredibly useful.

To be honest it's something that you don't need in any way at all. But once you have it you can't imagine ever going back to traditional lighting.

I'm very similar in that I've set everything up to be controlled in some way or another. I picked up a few Wi-Fi plug sockets from a brand called Orvibo. They are similar to the Belkin WeMo range but half the price. I absolutely love just being able to sit down and press one button and have all my lights fade, the AV equipment turn on and go to the correct settings and thanks to the wi-fi plugs even the aquarium lighting is controlled. The new version of the bridge is HomeKit enabled so you can use Siri now. However, it means using the official app on iOS devices so I'll wait until iConnectHue supports it!

I think I peed my pants a bit.
When I want less light I unscrew a bit the light bulbs, you live in a far far away future (and obviously you all have crazy set-ups, even on fancy magazines you don't see things like those)

timmyp53

Finally starting to get everything the way I want it. New office - so new desk, new entertainment cabinet, new shelving, new TV, new chair. Still need to hang some artwork, the closet is a mess, and I'm still debating on speakers.

Waiting on some wedding money before I upgrade the terrible desk chair ;p

25819118741_a8f5acfb18_b.jpg

25819114711_e875110533_b.jpg

25914046915_cef63d74cb_b.jpg

25888160576_4dc79355ed_b.jpg

25285350773_2a8da4f1a2_b.jpg

25914046495_598465b174_b.jpg

Holy smokes thats awesome. Jelly.

You got at&t u-verse though so I don't feel so bad.

Why get upset about it though? Just keep scrolling then...

sublimit

Banned
God damn some really impressive setups have been posted lately.

On a side note i wish more people also showed how they display their game collections besides their setups.I'm always curious to see how the gaming tastes often match (or not) with the setup taste. :)

entremet

Afraid I have to agree on the kitchen part. There's gotta be a line drawn somewhere that isn't relevant to gaming setups.

This has been discussed.

It's fine because a dedicated interior design thread is not sustainable. Tabris tried, but it got no posts and died.

I actually get a lot of ideas from here than are not gaming related.

Kyrios

I've been thinking of posting mine, but damn it would be so underwhelming compared to some of the most recent posts lol

Kovacs

This is probably pointless, but this is the layout of the apartment I'm most likely to move into soon: http://www.minto.com/doc/units/117/Parkwood Hills - 1 Bedroom.pdf

Any ideas what I could do with the space? I know its kinda impossible given I have no images of the actual interiors/have never even seen them but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I had pretty much the same issue. I found this - Roomeon. It's free and I guess it's real purpose is as advertising for a German furniture company. More importantly, it's really simple to use interior design software. Just enter the room dimensions and then drag and drop. It's got tons of pre-rendered furniture and the killer feature is that every one of them can be adjusted to new sizes.

So for example, for the the TV model they have I just went to Sony's website and got the dimensions of my actual TV and then I could see how it would look in the room. Whilst they may not have the exact furniture you'd like they'll have something close enough that you at least have an idea to work with.

To bring it back to gaming, it even has models of the Xbox One and PS4.

As the risk of sounding like an advert; I found it really useful and it really helped me visualise what I could do with the space

etta

my hard graphic balls
Can the people with customizable RGB backlit keyboards post their setup? I need design ideas, and so far I have just this (I will update with a real picture when I unpack the keyboard):

logitech-g810-orion-spectrum_800x600.jpg

leng jai

God damn some really impressive setups have been posted lately.

On a side note i wish more people also showed how they display their game collections besides their setups.I'm always curious to see how the gaming tastes often match (or not) with the setup taste. :)

I don't display my games, they're in inside a cupboard.

Mostly current gen, I don't really keep my games once I don't own he consoles anymore.

Top Bottom