• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Mr. Fix

I thought moe was an aesthetics thing. Basically tailored to look cute for appeal. Of course, I don't expect Annie to actually act like one of those annoying animu girls. She's moe, but without the annoying attitude that comes with it.

Ravidrath

I thought moe was an aesthetics thing. Basically tailored to look cute for appeal. Of course, I don't expect Annie to actually act like one of those annoying animu girls. She's moe, but without the annoying attitude that comes with it.

I hope we get Annie and Umbrella in some day, and they can have an angry Uguu~-off for their intro animation.

Busaiku

No, people just refer to that stuff as moe, since generally cute things are something you wanna protect or whatever about all that crap.
Moe is a feeling not an archetype.

Moonlight

Banned
Moe isn't an aesthetic, it's a feeling that a character is meant to evoke in the viewer - namely, protectiveness. It's not just a matter of aesthetics, though there are trends that some character designers will follow because they're seen as more reliable in evoking the feeling. A moeblob needs to act like one, not just 'look' the part.

But I digress. This is predestined to turn into a circular debate, but all I will offer is that it's pretty reductive to boil everything down to 'moe and 'not moe' in terms of who's voting for who in the character vote. There are plenty of good reasons to vote for characters like Annie or even Minette that don't just fall back on tired accusations of pandering.

Mr. Fix

I hope we get Annie and Umbrella in some day, and they can have an angry Uguu~-off for their intro animation.

Lies, she's supposed to be a badass. It'd be funny if her intro started off like that, but then she's all like fuck it, and shows her real colors.

Azure J

I'll do you a favor and give Eliza my first and second round votes for character slot #2 since you are giving Annie some love. Maybe the third round too if shit gets crazy with the top 8.

ib1bZePGY2Aijx.gif

My man.

Loona

GAF?

I'm pretty sure there are many fewer GAF people voting than the other communities.

Oddly, someone at the Something Awful forums mentioned something about GAF estimates (or was it counted votes?...) being closer to the resutls than other places the guy checked (doesn't list them all, so for all I know only GAF and SA were compared, but at some point someone at 4chan was counting votes too): http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...rid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=162#post414420605

Zissou

This is adorable.

In other news I have no fucking clue what my second vote will be. The first is sealed for Annie unless I think it into the ground and change my mind. All the remaining males are great in their own way. Beowulf is probably the most fun, Issac has a super unique playstyle and looks completely pimpin', and Panzerfaust is just awesome.

Aeon is pretty appealing as well, both in looks and gameplay. I'm picturing a general disinterest/boredom in the fight while using disjointed(!!!) glass, sand, and merchandise attacks. Also time bullshit. Attacks flowing in reverse is another cool deal. Oh I almost forgot the alternate-universe character mechanic. This could allow for a lot of creativity and maybe some fan service (not-dead last hope!) but I'm somewhat leery of it because it does mirror double's thing a bit too much for my liking.

Eliza I should probably like more but I'm not really feeling her for whatever reason. Odd as I was hype when she was first revealed.

So yeah, all my votes made it so far. Time to break out that cutting board. This ain't gon b easy.

Ravidrath

OK, guys, I'm going to break my own rules here and give you some mid-poll results...

Exactly 1 vote has been received at this time, and Eliza and Stanley are in the lead.

Scythana was a close #9 confirmed

everybody vote for Scythana in Vote 2

I'm not sure how exactly you divined that from my statement. But, uh... carry on? See how that works out for you.

OK, guys, I'm going to break my own rules here and give you some mid-poll results...

Exactly 1 vote has been received at this time, and Eliza and Stanley are in the lead.

So with mine that's at least a minimum 4 way tie between Eliza, Stanley, Beowulf, and Annie assuming only that guy and I have voted :V

You know, i'm actually curious as to what everyones 4 picks are along, with what characters they use in the game. I think it'd be interesting. Some what.

Moonlight

Banned
AndHereWeGo.gif

I did the right thing. I voted for Annie and Isaac. #TeamSpaceTimeContinuum

Ravid, just to let you know, the description says you can vote for three characters. It caught me a bit off guard, haha.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
I ended up joining Team Shark Tank for this round because, eh, why not?

kirblar

I'm not sure how exactly you divined that from my statement. But, uh... carry on? See how that works out for you.
I was first to vote, confirmed? :p

Yessss, you have done well.

*Hands you a complimentary #TeamEliza jacket*

Yay. I've been on the Eliza bandwagon since she was revealed. Her and Black Dahlia were tied for my number 1 so I'm reaaaally hoping Eliza can someone come out of this on top.

For someone who has shitty defense in every fighting game I play, Eliza is right up my alley. Keep hitting me and it can potentially come back to bite you in the ass. Plus she's hot =)

Azure J

I love Eliza's blood based mechanic a ton as well. I'm assuming she could either be a recycleable point to anchor character or depending on how good the effects of her blood loss are, an extremely potent anchor. She'd really bring a great package from design to visuals to the roster.

It's funny though, initally my top two were her and Issac, but it's like so many people came out of nowhere and wedged themselves between the two and the space only gets more crowded. I'm going Annie/Eliza overall now, but man, if Feng has a revengeance next vote...

Edit: Oh wait, scratch that, I'm in a blood pact with Hsien-Bro. Go Annie!

Already voted Starwulf for this week. I did my part to save us from a world without Starwulf. Slot number 2 is all about Beowulf unless Eliza or Panzerfaust pulls some crazy stunts.

Top Bottom