• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim not officially confirmed by Bethesda for Nintendo Switch

Richie

The way I see it, it's not confirmed the way the latest Dragon Quest wasn't -actually- confirmed for NX (but totally was)

Really wish game development wasn't so full of bs and secretive. Just be fucking honest about what games you're developing and what you want to do in the future. NDAs and shit piss me off. Nobody is stealing your idea to make Skyrim.

Of course. It will be The Elder Scrolls: Hyrule, with Hyrule Castle pasted into the middle of Skyrim and with an exclusive Link outfit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"What? Portable Skyrim? That was just a video! Don't worry about it! Buy the console versions!"

PR gonna PR

Nintendo wouldn't have shown it if it wasn't a lock

Nintendo is still dumb to have shown something that a publisher refuse to confirm at the moment.

And it's not a first for them, remember Wii U reveal in 2011. All of these games shown with half of them not coming.

Yeah they're already losing some sales from people here on the ps4/xbo versions, like me for one. I went from day one ps4 to day one switch. If it doesn't come to switch then I'll get the ps4 version down the road for cheaper.

Illucio

Banned
They probably don't want to affect their Fall sales, but Skyrim is clearly in the video.

People just assume Skyrim will be on the Switch when making decisions on what to buy.

All I can say now is: Unless Bethesda announces PSVR support for Skyrim within the next week, I will be making the SWITCH.

PR gonna PR

Nintendo wouldn't have shown it if it wasn't a lock

Yea, I can't imagine that one of the only 5 (?) games shown at the reveal isn't one that they actually have locked down. Would be pretty surprising, but then we all remember the EA Unprecedented partnership....

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Which is bullshit if true. Bethesda's job is to market the remaster themselves. If they've partnered with Nintendo(Nintendo didn't feature Skyrim for shits and giggles) they had to have known Skyrim would be featured in the Switch reveal. Something doesn't sit right with this.

Today was a reveal and a proof of concept for the hardware. Not even Nintendo has announced the games for Switch. Have you seen a confirmation for Splatoon 2, Mario Kart Switch or Mario 3d Mexico?
That will come later. Ubisoft hasn't announced yet anything except Just Dance 2017. Why is this an issue with Bethesda?

nampad

We all know it will happen, they showed it so prominently on the trailer.

If not, this would be one of the biggest jokes ever in gaming.

phanphare

Banned
Nintendo is still dumb to have shown something that a publisher refuse to confirm at the moment.

And it's not a first for them, remember Wii U reveal in 2011. All of these games shown with half of them not coming.

eh, not really. I'm sure many more people watched the Switch trailer than saw this bit of PR from Bethesda. seeing Skyrim playing in the trailer is the confirmation for most people.

also the Switch is coming out in less than a year whereas the Wii U reveal happened much further out

this is just PR doing the PR thang

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Yeah, as primarily a PC gamer this type of wording seems quite familiar.
Haha, ain't that the truth. "While a PC port is certainly a possibility, it's not something we're actively working on, but it's something we might consider."

1 year later "HEY PC PORT, BUY IT, IT'S FUCKIN AWESOME, POWER OF PC!!"

Oh, come on.

It's coming to the system. The Switch is out in five months. Nintendo wouldn't have wasted reveal video time on that game if it weren't launching on the platform.

Bethesda wants you to buy the remaster coming this month.

Nintendo wants to have a big Direct presentation to formally announce games.

Duh.

Exactly. Non-issue, just more PR fluff like SE's infamous Dragon Quest backtracking (and later retracking).

Interfectum

da fuck?

That is some misleading advertising. Pretty sure this would be against the rules of the ASA in the UK.

This is a proof of concept / pitch video for the system to the general public, nothing has been formally announced yet. Don't get your jimmies rustled.

Bethesda be like

3vCROzA.gif

The_Lump

Banned
They're launching the remaster soon, of course they won't confirm other version yet. Plus lately Bethesda confirms things when they're pretty sure of them and obviously Skyrim for Switch is still in works. I"m not sure a non-confirmation is really news.

100% agree.

If ends up not coming to it, isnt that false advertising? A console reveal, showing games played on it that arent actually there, would be kind of shady

This is a proof of concept / pitch video for the system to the general public, nothing has been formally announced yet. Don't get your jimmies rustled.

It is still an ad. And it was presented in such a way that a reasonable person would assume that the games shown would come to the Switch. That not necessarily being true means it is a misleading ad.

eh, not really. I'm sure many more people watched the Switch trailer than saw this bit of PR from Bethesda. seeing Skyrim playing in the trailer is the confirmation for most people.

also the Switch is coming out in less than a year whereas the Wii U reveal happened much further out

this is just PR doing the PR thang

This is not PR just doing the PR. This is beyond that, really. It's basically a game that's been used for a new console reveal and publisher backtracking on it. That's more than PR move, that's a shitty move.

Naw we never seen Battlefield running on WiiU, just some dude talking about imagine it on WiiU lol

True, I confused with Metro Last Light.

Top Bottom