• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim not officially confirmed by Bethesda for Nintendo Switch

Zedark

Pretty sad comment by Bethesda, they must think consumers are absolutely stupid or something. Will wait for the Switch version of the remaster, since the PS4 version lacks meaningful mod support, so I'd rather buy the hybrid version.

entremet

This is being handled awfully regardless of the outcome.

You would think Nintendo and Bethseda would have discussed this beforehand.

phanphare

Banned
This is not PR just doing the PR. This is beyond that, really. It's basically a game that's been used for a new console reveal and publisher backtracking on it. That's more than PR move, that's a shitty move.

nah this is a pretty PR ass PR thing to do. also they didn't backtrack they just vague'd it up, hence being a PR ass PR thing to do. gotta hold tight to the predetermined plan even in the face of outside confirmation.

wamberz1

Bethesda be like

3vCROzA.gif

How is this my first time seeing this gif, it's fucking incredible

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
This is not PR just doing the PR. This is beyond that, really. It's basically a game that's been used for a new console reveal and publisher backtracking on it. That's more than PR move, that's a shitty move.

It's not backtracking on it. It's not confirming it yet. Like Nintendo didn't confirmed yet their games. Like 2k didn't with NBA. Because this is no yet on the timeline, it will come later. It's not that complicated to understand.

sssssszzzzz

Neo Member
It's not backtracking on it. It's not confirming it yet. Like Nintendo didn't confirmed yet their games. Like 2k didn't with NBA. Because this no yet on the schedule, it will come later. It's not that complicated to understand.

Exactly, this thread here is completely useless.

Eolz

What the fuck?
Can't remember something like that ever happening. Confirmed before getting cancelled, sure, but showcased in an official video as a game and not a concept? What.

Scotia

Banned
While Bethesda's much beloved Skyrim was clearly shown during Nintendo's Switch reveal video, the publisher told us today that it's not officially confirming the game just yet. "We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future," a spokesperson said. Skyrim Remastered is set to launch on October 28 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC; perhaps the Switch will receive a version of the Remastered game at launch?

guy-shaking-his-head.gif

I don't think this is a huge deal. Nintendo probably has a schedule planned for software rollout and Skyrim is part of that. So Bethesda is just waiting on them to officially announce. Whether Nintendo is smart to just tease the platform with stuff like this without rolling out some software info is another discussion though.

Bethesda loves to throw companies under the bus, don't they? They've really captured that Sony/Nintendo goodwill.
Lol, if anything I think this is the other way around.

Doesn't matter to me.

Switch version is the only Special Edition version I'd have bought, and I'll have Zelda to play if it never shows up.

wrowa

I guess this is similar to when ZombiU was in a Wii U presentation before it was officially officially announced yet by Ubisoft. It's coming, but they won't talk about it yet.

Similarly, we have no info on any of these games shown in the trailer, whether Splatoon and Mario Kart are ports, extended ports or even sequels, etc.

ultrazilla

Gold Member
This is being handled awfully regardless of the outcome.

You would think Nintendo and Bethseda would have discussed this beforehand.

My point exactly earlier.

Bethesda knew about the footage and for them to imply/say they aren't committed to Switch is just bad form. Nothing hard to understand about that.

Also, you don't do "proof of concept" videos with other people's IPs unless you have implicit permission/approval, etc. So the argument it's a "proof of concept video" is not even an argument.

I really, REALLY would not read too much into this.

I am pretty sure all this means is that they don't have a press release ready yet.

Nintendo hasn't even technically announced any software themselves for this thing beyond Zelda, which was confirmed some time ago. So they're probably just playing nice with Nintendo from a PR standpoint and waiting until the software lineup is announced more directly. And we'll get a list like:

SUPER MEXICO BROS. - Nintendo - Coming Holiday 2017
LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD - Nintendo - Coming Launch Window
SPLA-2-N - Nintendo - Coming Launch Window
MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3 - Capcom/Nintendo - Coming 20XX,
etc.

Thats weird unconfirmed confirmation of game shown to be running on a console but not known if its coming on said console from tbe PR department

There was no BF4 presented or announced for Wii U.

I meant BF 3, sorry. Got my timeline mixed up.

And yea, Skyrim wasn't announced either. They just showed it running on the system. BF was alluded to, then never happened. It's a similar situation of Nintendo associating their new console with 3rd party titles that aren't guaranteed to come to the system.

TunaLover

Strange that Nintendo choose Skyrim footage from a not confirmed game, they would filled the same segment with BotW footage, that makes no sense.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
If OP assumes liberties with the highlights, we can try also a different one, right?

While Bethesda's much beloved Skyrim was clearly shown during Nintendo's Switch reveal video, the publisher told us today that it's not officially confirming the game just yet. "We're happy to have had the opportunity to collaborate with Nintendo on the video. While we are not confirming any specific titles at this time, we are pleased to announce our partnership with Nintendo and support of the Switch. We look forward to revealing specific games and details in the future," a spokesperson said. Skyrim Remastered is set to launch on October 28 for Xbox One, PS4 and PC; perhaps the Switch will receive a version of the Remastered game at launch?

-Horizon-

Please don't wait for the switch version next year and buy our game available next week. We'd rather have that money sooner rather than later.

Top Bottom