• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros For Wii U may be delayed in UK if ordered from Amazon

Rich!

Very glad I only ordered the adapter and going digital with the game rather than the bundle.

My order for the standalone adapter via amazon UK is still OK, and should be dispatched in a few hours. Estimated delivery is Monday.

Rodelero

This really has been a complete farce, hasn't it?

I'd ordered ShopTo's very good value bundle (Wii U, Nintendoland, Wii Party U, Smash, Adapter, GC Controller) for £220 and was informed on Wednesday that it wouldn't be dispatched until Friday meaning Monday would be the earliest I'd get it. Until now I, and a friend, believed that ShopTo were lying when they said it wasn't just them affected.

To a degree it redeems ShopTo I suppose, but I'm a bit aggrieved that they offered no compensation whatsoever. I'm even more aggrieved that they refused point blank to split the order (as it's a bundle of their own making). They could have just shipped the GC controller later and I'd have been satisfied.

Ianan

Well I just cancelled my Amazon preorder and ordered through ShopTo. I didn't even get offered anything by Amazon for failing to deliver. Paid for next day delivery from ShopTo so I'm hoping it comes for Saturday!

Rodelero

Well I just cancelled my Amazon preorder and ordered through ShopTo. I didn't even get offered anything by Amazon for failing to deliver. Paid for next day delivery from ShopTo so I'm hoping it comes for Saturday!

Don't want to worry you, but next day delivery often only applies to weekdays. If it's DPD I think you can pay extra for a Saturday delivery once it's in their hands. My order should be arriving tomorrow, just checked and I have the option of changing it to a Saturday delivery for a premium of £5.

Yeah, the CS reps were very dismissive of offering anything as compensation. I think a larger number of orders are affected that they'd be willing to do anything for.

I ordered from ShopTo about 30 minutes ago as well, so I guess we're in competition now ;)

Ianan

Don't want to worry you, but next day delivery often only applies to weekdays. If it's DPD I think you can pay extra for a Saturday delivery once it's in their hands. My order should be arriving tomorrow, just checked and I have the option of changing it to a Saturday delivery for a premium of £5.

Well damn. I thought as much. So you have the option on the shopto site or on the DPD site or something? I need to play smash this weekend!

Rodelero

Well damn. I thought as much. So you have the option on the shopto site or on the DPD site or something? I need to play smash this weekend!

Sounds like you can ask for Saturday delivery on ShopTo, but if not, once you get your tracking number you can enter it onto DPD's site. From there you can 'upgrade delivery', and choose a different day.

xR7LWKt.jpg

Rodelero

It's not just Amazon, is it?

Nintendo Europe have clearly let suppliers down with allocations.

I think the most alarming thing is how late this information came out. ShopTo informed me late on Wednesday, but this Amazon news seems to have come out late Thursday, hardly ideal for a Friday release.

This is the first Nintendo console I've owned since a Gameboy Color, and though I haven't yet turned on my Wii U, I can't say I'm overly impressed by Nintendo over this release.

I think the most alarming thing is how late this information came out. ShopTo informed me late on Wednesday, but this Amazon news seems to have come out late Thursday, hardly ideal for a Friday release.

To make things worse, I actually had my order delayed at 1:30am on Friday. The day the game comes out. Which is just silly.

Rich!

I've just had my email... December 19th and no voucher. Wow.

The 19th?!?

Holy shit. I would personally go out and buy a game and adapter separately later today whilst you still can.

I wouldn't count on getting the amazon order at all, honestly.

cluderi

Bah, I just ordered my game and adapter bundle yesterday from amazon. No chance I'll be getting it this weekend I reckon. I want to use the cube controller so no adapter= no sale Nintendo. Better get making more.

Hasney

The 19th?!?

Holy shit. I would personally go out and buy a game and adapter separately later today whilst you still can.

I wouldn't count on getting the amazon order at all, honestly.

Yeah, I've left it open since I'm not charged or anything, but I'm going to wander down to Game before work and see if they've got it and ordered from ShopTo since they're claiming stock. At this rate, I'm sure I could sell one for at least what I paid for it if I end up with too many.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Amazon.co.uk shipped my SmashBros, ORAS, and Pikachu and Samus Amiibos; but not the Kirby Amiibo. Guess they ran out of Kirbys.

I also got the email saying I won't get it today but amazon's website is still showing today as the expected delivery date.

Was black Friday the best day to release your two highest selling games of the year Nintendo?

GAME's website says the game + adaptor bundle is £55. Pretty steep.

ShivUK

I ordered the smash+adaptor bundle and also got the delay email telling me the 19th.

No offer of a voucher or credit or anything, which is kind of crappy.

I'm going away this weekend so wouldn't have been able to play, but this is still all kinds of wrong.

Switched my order over to the official Nintendo UK store, which still claims to have it in stick. Applied a 10% voucher that Nintendo sent me recently and it works out the same price as from Amazon - I also have a free Luigi hat in my basket that seems to have come from nowhere.

Hopefully it will arrive early next weekend.

Hasney

No luck at Game, pre orders only. I'll walk up to Grainger on my lunch if Shopto or Nintendo don't dispatch.

Sillverrr

Worried about my order from base.com. Posted on Wednesday (supposedly) but since then the game + adapter sku has been delisted. Since 1st Class means jack shit to the local post, this'll prolly be delivered on Tuesday. Dunno why I even care; my backlog could stretch beyond the solar system.

XaosWolf

This definitely seems to fall on Nintendo as multiple suppliers having issues.(Royal Mail will probably claim "Holiday Season" no matter what)

I've been using ShopTo for years with zero shipping issues, so I believe them when they say someone else messed up.

I got Smash digitally, but still, kinda disappointing launch day now. =|

So I just noticed someone say they had issues with ShopTo. That just appears to be for the controller and not the adaptor though, right?

My email was specifically for the Adapter. Not ordered a controller so maybe someone else can tell you if they're having issues with that as well.

Hasney

So I just noticed someone say they had issues with ShopTo. That just appears to be for the controller and not the adaptor though, right?

Yes and no. ShopTo usually always deliver a day early, but not this time. I have an adaptor bundle on the way which should arrive today, but I'm now a bit sceptical of that actually happening after this mess.

Those with the controller should see theirs ship today and ShopTo have promised delivery of Amiibo pre-orders for tomorrow.

Wurst

Amazon.de thankfully shipped Game + Adapter and I'm just waiting for the doorbell to ring.

This is the worst case for UKers. I'm feeling for you, buddies!!

XaosWolf

Here's the email updates from ShopTo in full:

Gamecube Controller Adapter
We are contacting you regarding your pre-order of the 'Wii U GameCube Controller Adaptor'. Due to an unfortunate delay at Nintendo Europe our stock has yet to arrive in. This is estimated to be delivered to our warehouse this Friday, with your pre-order then being processed / shipped the same day. Once shipped you will be notified by email and delivery would be expected as early as the next working day. Please though accept our apologies for all inconvenience caused by this situation and thank you for your patience. 

Amiibo
We are contacting you regarding your currently 'processing' order for Amiibo. Due to unforeseen circumstances in regards to collection via Royal Mail, your order has not been dispatched today. We are expecting to dispatch your order tomorrow (Friday 28th), with delivery as early as Saturday 29th. Please accept our apologies for all inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience. 

Robin64

The bundle from ShopTo seems to be okay and should turn up today. It's the amiibo, controller and seperate adapter that seem to be up in the air about when you'll get them.

E_A_R_T_H

Add me to the December 19th group :(...

I'd pre-ordered the game+adapter and the controller. Both delayed to the 19th.

I get my Amiibo today though. Great...

XaosWolf

So that's just the adaptor and not the bundle? Game also said they didn't receive any stock when I was in there of the standalone. What a mess.

Yeah, no mention of the controller or bundle unless there's separate emails for them.

I'd guess the late stock shipment is also the reason ShopTo are saying "Next Working Day" for the Adapters, as they still need to sort through the shipment as opposed to Amiibo's which basically just weren't picked up.

Just went to get a copy from GAME. Smash with the adapter has a pricing error and can't be sold. All this after my copy got cancelled by Amazon at 2 in the damn morning. This is one hell of a trial to get your hands on.

ShivUK

I get my Amiibo today though. Great...

Yeah, me too. Awesome isn't it?

I just sent a particularly complaining email to Amazon saying that they could at least have shipped me the standalone version of the game (still showing in stock for next day delivery) or have given enough notice for me to have made that decision myself.

Idiots.

Rodelero

Yeah, no mention of the controller or bundle unless there's separate emails for them.

I'd guess the late stock shipment is also the reason ShopTo are saying "Next Working Day" for the Adapters, as they still need to sort through the shipment as opposed to Amiibo's which basically just weren't picked up.

Well, I got this on Wednesday:

We are contacting you regarding your pre-order of the 'Wii U Basic Console + Super Smash Bros + Gamecube Controller & Adaptor + 2 Extra Games + Remote Plus Controller WII U'. Due to an unfortunate delay at Nintendo Europe our stock has yet to arrive in. This is estimated to be delivered to our warehouse this Friday, with your pre-order then being processed / shipped the same day. Once shipped you will be notified by email and delivery would be expected as early as the next business day. Please though accept our apologies for all inconvenience caused by this situation and thank you for your patience.

If though you wish to cancel your pre-order, this can be done through the 'PRE-ORDERS' section of your ShopTo account.

GAME Edinburgh have the standard edition in stock for £50 (lol.) No Amiibo on the shop floor at all, likely pre-orders only or none in stock.

Argos has 9 standard in stock for £42.99. GAME are thieving buggers.

Lernaean

Banned
Had the game preordered some time ago, along with Persona Q, with launch day delivery, and the adapter with Amiibos a bit later with standard delivery.
I know that my adapter will take some time, i got a mail for that, but the Amiibos are on their way (they split the order at no additional cost) and i also know that the games are here picked up by DHL and courier will bring them to me in about an hour.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Amazon.co.uk have been awful for me all year. I ordered a bunch of Blu Rays about a month ago, the latest release date being last week, and they still haven't dispatched them. I'm not saving any money, I coulda just bought them in the shop for the same price.

GAME Edinburgh have the standard edition in stock for £50 (lol.) No Amiibo on the shop floor at all, likely pre-orders only or none in stock.

Argos has 9 standard in stock for £42.99. GAME are thieving buggers.

I pre-ordered the game + Gamecube adaptor from Shopto, but went to GAME last night and got a standard copy, in case it wasn't delivered today.

I didn't realise the price until they were ringing it through; I was stunned. I seriously considered walking away, but at that point, I had been there for an hour (though that was more to check out their Black Friday sales). I ended up buying it, however as desperate as I am to play this, it's not worth it for £50. I'll be returning it for a refund ASAP.

Hasney

Hate how ShopTo don't update the "Your Orders" page for ages. Really should have looked around before panic ordering as I hate using them.

NerdBird

Banned
Do we know if ShopTo are getting stock in for the gamecube controller adapters? I might raise a ticket with them and ask them. I really hope they come in today as planned, so at the very least I can play Smash with the gamecube controller as early as tomorrow. I've been playing with the gamepad while I wait :(

My pre-order for the adapter instantly changed to a backorder today

Edit: I haven't heard anyhting about the 19th delays yet, will ask them now.

Delayed till 19th December? Not when I ordered a month in advance! Cancelled!

Went to the store today at 9AM and got the Smash GC adapter bundle, and the controller for £70 from Grainger Games, cheaper AND I got it straight away.

Last time I pre-order anything Nintendo related from Amazon. First and last time. Already did the same with GAME after the Bayonetta 2 price hike debacle.

RaginRoss

Boo - 19th for me as well.

I'd still like the adapter at some point, but I have plans to have friends over for Smash before the 19th.

Wonder if i'd get away with buying a copy of the game from say GAME, playing as normal until my Amazon order arrives, then taking the sealed game from inside that box and returning it to GAME unopened.

Craft

For people who have a Nintendo store order if your order doesn't come today don't cancel just yet. When the Mario Kart orders were late they gave everyone a free download code for the game.

Top Bottom