• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros For Wii U may be delayed in UK if ordered from Amazon

Got an email from Amazon this morning saying it won't be arriving till the 19th December.

What a fuck up, I preordered near the beginning of November and they don't even offer a voucher for their shitty service.

Fuck that, cancelling and buying the game by itself somewhere else. Hopefully I'll manage to pick up an adapter at some point too.

I remember them fucking up my PS4 preorder too and I didn't get it till a few days after launch; preordering with Amazon seems like a gamble at this point.

Hasney

Gameseek have shipped the game + GC adaptor I ordered this afternoon just this second. This stupid ordeal is finally over.

Yeah if it was any other ShopTo order, you guys would have been playing it yesterday :\ sounds like RM. Hope it doesn't affect my Wii U getting here next week...

Hasney

I don't know why, if it be to not piss off publishers or what, but I've NEVER had a game dispatch from Amazon earlier than a day before release.

Used to happen frequently for me, then MK8 happened and it all went to pot.

Was infrequent pre-ordering with them at best, mind you.

Shopto apparently has Smash + GC adaptor, ordered that and cancelled my GC controller + Smash, screw it if I have to wait to 19th or something, still have my GC controller, just wanted one with longer cables =(

Hasney

ShopTo or nothin'. Also heard good things about That Game Collection.

Nah, they fucked me around with my Vita Teraway bundle pre-order so much, I use them as a last resort.

TGC and GameSeek have been great for me, but most of my games are now US digital PSN store or eShop through Game. Damn Nintendo tempting me to the physical world again with adaptors.

Hasney

Shopto apparently has Smash + GC adaptor, ordered that and cancelled my GC controller + Smash, screw it if I have to wait to 19th or something, still have my GC controller, just wanted one with longer cables =(

I don't think anyones said anything about the controller bundle, unless I missed it? All the 19th reports have been those of us with Amazon vouchers.

I don't think anyones said anything about the controller bundle, unless I missed it? All the 19th reports have been those of us with Amazon vouchers.

Shopto made a GC controller + Smash bundle before Nintendo officially announced anything, they pulled it off when they realised it wasn't happening. Wished that they sent my Smash separately but it wasn't happening, so I cancelled and ordered the adaptor bundle.

MattJon

My Smash+Adapter bundle just arrived from Shopto, long after the normal post had been delivered. It was only posted yesterday too.

Maybe this'll give hope for other people's orders today!

chip123

I'm also waiting for my ShopTo order. Website says it shipped Wednesday but I only got the dispatch email last night. Never had a problem with them before now.

Hasney

Shopto made a GC controller + Smash bundle before Nintendo officially announced anything, they pulled it off when they realised it wasn't happening. Wished that they sent my Smash separately but it wasn't happening, so I cancelled and ordered the adaptor bundle.

Ah, bugger. At least the controllers seemed to be in good supply when I was in Game and Grainger. Not really shocking when no bugger can use them!

EDIT: Looks like both GameSeek and ShopTo are sold out of the adaptor bundle now.

Sillverrr

Just discovered that locally, letters are always delivered per 1st Class post, whereas parcels will suffer delays if there's a backlog. That's why my Persona Q arrived next day. Smash + adapter is parcel-sized - hence no delivery. So now I'm not particularly annoyed. I think a lot of people will be in the same boat as me. Blame xmas.

I got my New 3DS from PlayAsia (had to go and pick it up from the depot), so I'll have to console myself with handheld Smash.

Well, I got my game + adapter from ShopTo, but someone fucked up. My package had two address labels on it - the correct address on one side and the wrong address on the other.

Of course, this confused the guys at my office sorting the post and they marked it down as me not having any. What a total screw up - it's a miracle it arrived.

Lee Jones in Wolverhampton, I'm sorry if you didn't get your Smash. :(

Hasney

Well, I got my game + adapter from ShopTo, but Royal Mail fucked up. My package had two address labels on it - the correct address on one side and the wrong address on the other.

Of course, this confused the guys at my office sorting the post and they marked it down as me not having any. What a total screw up - it's a miracle it arrived.

Lee Jones in Wolverhampton, I'm sorry if you didn't get your Smash. :(

Fuck me, that does sound like a Royal Mail/ShopTo tag team of doom to fuck you over.

NerdBird

Banned
So I went to two Games, Argos, there was no hope anywhere.

Had to also deal with a lot of incompetent staff not knowing what the hell a gamecube controller adapter for Wii U is, someone repeated back to me "a HD controller wire?"

I'm not even confident these guys looked for the thing, feels like they stepped int he stock room, and just came out. Took like 5 seconds to check

So yeah, nothing

Jesus christ, might as well wait for my backorder ;___;

And to make matters worse, my copy of Alpha Sapphire hasn't arrived, even though that was dispatched on time. For god's sake.

So I come home to ar eply from shopto support, saying:

"I have looked into this and hopefully this will be processed for you shortly."

I don't even know what that means :|

Honestly this is the worst release I've ever dealt with. The act of acquiring an adapter is an absolute nightmare.

Conan-san

They sent mine yesterday (Game only, even) and I haven't got it.

Of course this was the first order I've made in quite a while that I didn't use Amazon Locker for and I feel quite stupid for not doing that now.

Seriously, Royal Mail can FOAD.

Zafir

Not got my copy from TGC, while some people got theirs yesterday from them. Not sure what they're playing at.

Rich!

My gamecube adapter hasnt shipped yet.

But then again on the other hand, it hasn't been delayed or cancelled. Here's hoping.

Hasney

My gamecube adapter hasnt shipped yet.

But then again on the other hand, it hasn't been delayed or cancelled. Here's hoping.

Yeah, fingers crossed they don't screw you overnight like the rest of us. If it has a date for tomorrow (like my Persona Q and DK Amiibo), it really should be at least preparing to dispatch right now.

NerdBird

Banned
Anyone who has ordered the standalone adaptor from shopto, there is hope.....my order has actually started processing. I thought I was half asleep when I saw the update.

So who's at fault here anyway? Isn't the point of pre-orders to allocate the correct amount of stock?

Rich!

Yeah, fingers crossed they don't screw you overnight like the rest of us. If it has a date for tomorrow (like my Persona Q and DK Amiibo), it really should be at least preparing to dispatch right now.

Well, the estimated delivery date is Monday. So it could still dispatch tomorrow.

Rich!

So who's at fault here anyway? Isn't the point of pre-orders to allocate the correct amount of stock?

Nintendo are fully at fault. I used to be a Blockbuster manager for a good few years and all of the company's preorders were based on allocations agreed with us and the suppliers, and their allocations were issued by the manufacturer - in this case it would be Nintendo.

Once we hit our allocation, we stopped preorders as no further stock would come in on time.

What has happened in this case is that the original allocations set for the Smash Bundle were overstated by Nintendo by a considerable amount.

I am guessing the original allocation amounts were originally for the 5th December date, and Nintendo pulling the release date forward by a week has fucked things up.

Sakujou

Banned
if nintendo is surprised by all the people who now want to buy all these games and special editions, why, dont they produce a few more copies?

i already know that prices for certain games will skyrocket once the retail copies are all sold out.

this is a bit shitty about nintendo... on the other hand, the day1 customer dont get screwed over like ps4/x1 gamers...

still its such a hassle to get these limited ed.

i didnt get the hyrule warriors one and i didnt expect to see a few wild copies of bayonetta first print at saturn/media markt... (because i usually buy everything at amazon)...

hope, nintendo get their shit done till christmas and sell a shit ton of copies.

nintendo has had it pretty rough since x1/ps4 quite outsold the wii u :/

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Smash, the Gamecube Adapter and Link amiibo arrived today. Hooray! But the Gamecube controller has been delayed for a couple of weeks. I see I'm not the only one this has happened to.

XaosWolf

ShopTo took payment for my GC Adapter.
No dispatch notice yet though. Think it's already past the last Royal Mail pickup though.

Weekend isn't gonna be as fun now. And lucky I had had some holiday used up already for Monday and Tuesday.

EDIT: DISPATCH NOTICE. HOPE RETURNS.

Ein Bear

Well my ShopTo order of the controller adapter has just shipped.

But still no movement on my Game + Controller bundle. Weekend ruined :(

NerdBird

Banned
ShopTo took payment for my GC Adapter.
No dispatch notice yet though. Think it's already past the last Royal Mail pickup though.

Weekend isn't gonna be as fun now. And lucky I had had some holiday used up already for Monday and Tuesday.

EDIT: DISPATCH NOTICE. HOPE RETURNS.

Got my dispatch notice too. I'm not sure how 'real time' shoptos shipping notices are, but the last Royal Mail collectioni s at about 17:20, so assuming the update is late, and not real time, there is hope for it to arrive tomorrow

XaosWolf

Just got home and Pokèmon has arrived, no sign of Persona Q that shipped on the same day.

I Have Fury, but I can at least claim the £5 store credit as there certainly wasn't stock order issues for Persona. =P

Just got home and Pokèmon has arrived, no sign of Persona Q that shipped on the same day.

I Have Fury, but I can at least claim the £5 store credit as there certainly wasn't stock order issues for Persona. =P
Shopto? Yeah Persona hasn't arrived for me as well, but if you looked at their terms it's only if you chose tracking delivery or I may have rushed in my reading.

Mr. Sam

Mine was not only delivered in time but came with an extra copy of the game by mistake. Sorry, lads! I'll not feel too guilty about it - first stroke of luck I've had in a long time.

GoaThief

this is a bit shitty about nintendo... on the other hand, the day1 customer dont get screwed over like ps4/x1 gamers...
I don't understand this, you're posting in a thread where day one (or would be) Nintendo customers are getting 'screwed over'.

Seems like you're attempting to stir the pot whilst being incorrect too. Bad form.

As a token of good will, we'd like to offer you a £3 Gift Certificate

423.gif

Top Bottom