• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros For Wii U may be delayed in UK if ordered from Amazon

Hobohodo

Boo - 19th for me as well.

I'd still like the adapter at some point, but I have plans to have friends over for Smash before the 19th.

Wonder if i'd get away with buying a copy of the game from say GAME, playing as normal until my Amazon order arrives, then taking the sealed game from inside that box and returning it to GAME unopened.

They may know something is up, you get the giant USK logo on front of the cover for the cube adapter pack.

Hasney

Boo - 19th for me as well.

I'd still like the adapter at some point, but I have plans to have friends over for Smash before the 19th.

Wonder if i'd get away with buying a copy of the game from say GAME, playing as normal until my Amazon order arrives, then taking the sealed game from inside that box and returning it to GAME unopened.

It probably has one of those "not to be sold separately" dealies where the barcode should be, but hopefully someone with it can confirm.

EDIT: Or as above

filly

I'm with the 19th Crew... I was getting prepared for my smash party tonight, damn it!

Amazon really shouldn't of waited to email me in the morning that its been pushed to the 19th. Expectations are very poorly managed here. I wasn't informed until today, surely they knew there were issues yesterday?

tassletine

I was told mine was delayed. I got a £3 game voucher because of it. Now it says it will arrive today.

My SB gamecube controller has been delayed until Dec 17th though.

Porcile

Mine dispatched from the Nintendo UK shop on Tuesday hoping to get it later today, but starting to have doubts incase they were lying to me!

XaosWolf

My pre-order for the adapter instantly changed to a backorder today

Edit: I haven't heard anyhting about the 19th delays yet, will ask them now.

Wow, first time I've ever seen Back Order anywhere on ShopTo.

Plonked right at the bottom of the Pre order list below The Last Guardian.

If its the much bigger delay then just... fucking fuck.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Oh, Kirby Amiibo shipped. Guess they couldn't get it in the same box as the rest of my order.

Well, now that I've bought my game, adpater bundle and controller cheaper from Grainger, and cancelled my delayed Amazon order, I wonder if that £3 apology voucher they emailed me still works. Might treat myself to a cheap 360 game! Perhaps Deadly Premonition, WWE All Stars, Killer Is Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw or El Shaddai!

This certainly puts perspective on how my situation is in comparison.

Amazon sent me a dispatch e-mail on the 27th a bit later than usual and using Royal Mail instead of Amazon logistics. I wouldn't have minded if...my copy of OR from GAME had shown up (that was dispatched on early on Wednesday). To think I had contemplated using Flubit to get a few £s off the SSB... (hearing the adapter problems in America made me back off)

As for Amazon customer services reps. They only know what the computer tells them.

Speaking of supply problems I remember hearing GAME didn't get the download codes as early as they normally do...NOE where delivering digital codes becomes difficult.

Should have known that NoE would try their best to ruin Smash for us somehow.
Maybe they should have just left it as 5th December.

Hasney

Well, now that I've bought my game, adpater bundle and controller cheaper from Grainger, and cancelled my delayed Amazon order, I wonder if that £3 apology voucher they emailed me still works. Might treat myself to a cheap 360 game! Perhaps Deadly Premonition, WWE All Stars, Killer Is Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw or El Shaddai!

Damn, that's some fine choices.

I've emailed ShopTo as it's still not showing in my bloody orders. Just asked if it's actually physically in stock and ready to dispatch as I'm not buggering about with ShopTo of all places.

EDIT: LOL, the automated reply I got says "5 MINUTE DISPATCH!". Well it's been 3 and a half hours....

Holy pricehike batman!
BLKxCzQ.png

From £50 to £76! GCN Controller has shot up to £30 as well. Makes me even happier I cancelled now!

cluderi

Have to laugh.

Great job NOE, choose 'Black Friday' to release your biggest Wii U game in the UK (where Black Friday is fairly new) and then have last minute stock shortages of a bundle.

Amazon still works of course but they're still showing my pre-order delivery date as 1st Dec, I'm probably so far down the list of pre-orders they haven't got to it to change it to the 19th yet.

Sakujou

Banned
I dont know but in germany its the same. I will get my smash bros with the gc adapter on the 4th of december. Super pissed off and i didnt get a gift card or voucher.

And my fucking weekend is ruined.

Edit whats wrong this days with all the shortages and rising of game prices???

Bayonetta, hyrule warriors and now even the smash bundles?!?!?

Nintendo is not delivering enough?!?

Fuck it. I cancelled it. I have enough games to play. I really want Nintendo to do well (by buying their games), but not by being treated like crap. Give us a lil', Nintendo.

Yep and here is why:
-They don't announce the SKU until the Nintendo direct 10 minutes before launch
-Retailers get a surge of interest in these SKUs (and even if they anticipated it there was no wholesale SKU to order or anything before then)
-Since it is 10 minutes before launch there isn't enough time to make enough stock

The fact that Majora's Mask 3D limited edition has already been announced suggests they are trying to move away from this stupidity.

I dont know but in germany its the same. I will get my smash bros with the gc adapter on the 4th of december. Super pissed off and i didnt get a gift card or voucher.

Well, it can be said that Nintendo might not have expected this game to sell THIS good and thus produced less copies. Or they COULDN'T produce enough copies in time.
If you're really desperate you could go to your next Media Markt or Saturn and look if they have a few copies left.
I would've done so if my order hadn't dispatched by the time I came to that conclusion.
My game plus amiibos will be delivered today though. Maybe it already has been delivered, even.

I feel sorry for you guys whose orders have been postponed to next week, though :(

lewisgone

Looks like they didn't expect Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, or Gamecube peripherals to sell as much as they have. Which to be fair, doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation. But I've been noticing the understocking of "core" games and overstocking of more "casual" games from NoE for a while now. Something like Bravely Default was very hard to find for a while. Professor Layton v. Phoenix Wright is hard to find in stores. They published the Monster Hunter 3 games I believe, which were also a pain to get a hold of new for RRP. Same deal with Fire Emblem 3DS.

They just don't seem to have faith in the products they publish which don't have a broader appeal. Whether that's a good attitude to have or not I couldn't say. But it's a pain for sure.

XaosWolf

Looks like they didn't expect Bayonetta, Hyrule Warriors, or Gamecube peripherals to sell as much as they have. Which to be fair, doesn't seem like an unreasonable expectation. But I've been noticing the understocking of "core" games and overstocking of more "casual" games from NoE for a while now. Something like Bravely Default was very hard to find for a while. Professor Layton v. Phoenix Wright is hard to find in stores. They published the Monster Hunter 3 games I believe, which were also a pain to get a hold of new for RRP. Same deal with Fire Emblem 3DS.

They just don't seem to have faith in the products they publish which don't have a broader appeal. Whether that's a good attitude to have or not I couldn't say. But it's a pain for sure.

I can believe them underestimating Bayonetta and HW, but they MUST have known that people want a Gamecube controller option for Smash.

God dammit. I now asked them if they are going to be shipping mine ;___;

I really want mine. I've tried the Pro Controller, but it still feels off. I didn't think I missed the GC controller this much but I do. =(

NerdBird

Banned
Reply from ShopTo:

"I have looked into this and we do at this time have this item available while stocks last."

The fucking thing has been out of stock since it said it was released, since I was checking shopto after the black friday deals went up at midnight.

God dammit. I now asked them if they are going to be shipping mine ;___;

My order got delayed to the 19th of December. First and last time I ever order with Amazon.

In fairness, it doesn't just look like Amazon. But even in regular situations, I've found Amazon to be atrocious with release date delivery, prices, and just generally everything.

I've ordered a Wii U bundle from them to be released next Friday and I'm terrified, probably won't have it before Christmas!

TGMIII

In fairness, it doesn't just look like Amazon. But even in regular situations, I've found Amazon to be atrocious with release date delivery, prices, and just generally everything.

I've ordered a Wii U bundle from them to be released next Friday and I'm terrified, probably won't have it before Christmas!

I'm going to say that it's safe to assume they knew long before today that they wouldn't be able to cover all orders. Rather than leaving people waiting they could have communicated that there may be possible delays.

NerdBird

Banned
I really want mine. I've tried the Pro Controller, but it still feels off. I didn't think I missed the GC controller this much but I do. =(

I've been using the Wii U Gamepad, it's actually not that bad, but god damn it's still not a gamecube controller.

I'm going out to Game today and other shops if possible to see if they have the adapter, i highly doubt it since everyone and their mother apparently wants this thing, but worth a shot.

Sillverrr

Noooo, my copy didn't arrive. Man, I may as well have stuck with Amazon because Base is just as bad. And no deliveries on weekends in this backwater.

Hasney

My Mario Kart 8 didn't show up until the Wednesday after release. I had Prime at the time and it came with Royal Mail.

My Persona Q still hasn't shipped.

Yeah, I'm done with Amazon.

Cancelled my ShopTo order and gone with Gameseek. Still some in stock there as it actually tells you how many. 12 last time I looked.
I've been using the Wii U Gamepad, it's actually not that bad, but god damn it's still not a gamecube controller.

I'm going out to Game today and other shops if possible to see if they have the adapter, i highly doubt it since everyone and their mother apparently wants this thing, but worth a shot.

The adaptor alone? Both Game and Grainger here said they didn't get any and it seems like the item that's been hit hardest.

Rich!

The adaptor alone? Both Game and Grainger here said they didn't get any and it seems like the item that's been hit hardest.

I dunno. I only ordered my standalone Gamecube adapter last night from Amazon, and it's still set to be sent out today:

screenshot_2014-11-28xwcxd.png

Of course, they don't have any left now - but it's clearly a different issue to the bundle.

cluderi

I dunno. I only ordered my standalone Gamecube adapter last night from Amazon, and it's still set to be sent out today:

Of course, they don't have any left now - but it's clearly a different issue to the bundle.

My bundle says the same thing (ordered Thursday morning) but I imagine it's too far down the list to have been changed and they'll get to it eventually.

Hasney

screenshot_2014-11-28xwcxd.png

That's what my bundle order said when I went to bed past midnight last night :'(

It is a different issue, but it actually seems more widespread judging by that ShopTo email. Gameseek seem to think they aren't getting any in until 06/12.

I'll cross my fingers for you!

I need to have a shower and get some food before playing it though. I didn't want to risk missing the doorbell while in the shower/nipping to corner shop!

The things we do for Smash, you smelly hungry bastard. :D Send me a PM with your NNID if you ever want to battle sometime.

HMV has standard edition copies on sale for £44.99, no sign of any bundle copies. GAME in Edinburgh looks chocka now - loads of people walking out with PS4's. There is a line of customers waiting to be served and they all look miserable as fuck.

lewisgone

Looks like both Amazon and GAME were too preoccupied with Black Friday week to actually dispatch my stuff before midday yesterday. Postie just came by with nothing. My Amazon royal mail tracking number for Smash isn't working (this is weird). Ordered both OR and AS (separately) from GAME and neither turned up.

Feels like it wasn't long ago when ordering something online meant if anything you were likely to get it before release as the package was usually dispatched so early. Now they dispatch stuff at the last possible second, and if the delivery process isn't flawless with 0 delays, you get your game on release day. A bit of a joke really.

Hasney

As much as I like to shit on ShopTo (and Amazon with their recent release day performances for me), I can hardly blame them for Smash considering almost everywhere is having issues with at least one item.

Think Royal Mail themselves are getting hammered with the usual seasonal shit and then it's been sales week most places.

Hedja

Sounds like Amazon are struggling with Black Friday demand. Never had Amazon preorders arrive on time on the rare occasions that I did preorder from them.

filly

Hope this helps anyone in my situation. I ordered the £49.85 GameCube controller adapter and smash bros pack at the beginning of November. I was informed they delayed it until the 19th, but they only send the email this morning.

I explained to amazon support that managing my expectations like this is not acceptable and I had arrangements for the evening with friends to play this as they only informed me in the morning they left me with no way to source an alternative online.

The first representative was a bit dismissive and said there was no stock, so i asked to be transferred to her supervisor. She explained there was nothing she could do as they had no stock, I asked for compensation and she settled on sending me a £10 voucher - which is OK I guess - going to use it to buy a vanilla copy and wait for the adapter one to come through - then sell the vanilla on eBay or something.

Sad that I won't get the GameCube adapter until well into December, but at least I've got the game on release day (thanks to eShop, not Amazon).

Hasney

Hope this helps anyone in my situation. I ordered the £49.85 GameCube controller adapter and smash bros pack at the beginning of November. I was informed they delayed it until the 19th, but they only send the email this morning.

I explained to amazon support that managing my expectations like this is not acceptable and I had arrangements for the evening with friends to play this as they only informed me in the morning they left me with no way to source an alternative online.

The first representative was a bit dismissive and said there was no stock, so i asked to be transferred to her supervisor. She explained there was nothing she could do as they had no stock, I asked for compensation and she settled on sending me a £10 voucher - which is OK I guess - going to use it to buy a vanilla copy and wait for the adapter one to come through - then sell the vanilla on eBay or something.

Did fuck all for me and even brought up Mario Kart 8 and Persona Q not making release. Fuck em, I'd rather pay more elsewhere now.

EDIT: Looks like ShopTo won't cancel, but I just saw one sell on eBay for £75, so having 2 won't be the worst thing in the world.

Spaghetti

royal mail seems to be the one screwing me over here. dispatched from shopto on wednesday evening, no sign of it today.

kinda pissed tbh.

NTom64

My delivery estimate still says the 29th though it hasn't taken the money yet. If it's not dispatched by tomorrow I think I'll just order from somewhere else.

CassSept

I'm in Poland, but we get shipments through UK. Most Nintendo games are available around Wednesday (2 days before street date) but I got mail today that my order won't be available for pick up until 2-3 December.

Scum

Well bugger. Mine's going to be the 19th as well. *sigh* I might just wait until then. 😥

Top Bottom