• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SNK Playmore hiring for 3D game, KoF listed

Sgblues

Soooooooooooooo here's my idea for a roster for a new SamSho fighting game-
Tachibana Ukyo, Galford, Haohmaru, Naokruru, Charlotte
Killian, Yagyu Jubei, Hattori Hanzo, Senryo Kyoshiro, Kubikiri Basara
Sogetsu, J, Mina, Angelica, Kazuki
Draco, Zankuro, Amakusa, Mizuki, , Asura
Hisame Shizumaru, Iroha, Tokugawa, Andrew, Rimururu
Genjuro, N. , Sieger, Shiki, Wanfu, , Kukuro

No Genan? C'mon he's cool(well sam sho 2 Genan was), or Earthquake? Also make or break decision here, does Wanfu come with his pillar weapon? Anything less would be unacceptable, and Rera could share a slot with Nakoruru if not bust Nako(as an ex char)

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
From a business stand point 3D models in a 2D plane makes the most sense.
What they're doing with the new GG is really smart (Capcom did this for some SFIV key frames): They're only using keyframes and no interpolation what so ever between them thus retaining the 2D sprite 'feel'.
I respect that.

One of the main reasons why i dislike Injustice's looks is that they use interpolation between key frames but not in certain state changes (3D games like Tekken and VF have 'em for almost everything).

Soooooooooooooo here's my idea for a roster for a new SamSho fighting game-
Tachibana Ukyo, Galford, Haohmaru, Naokruru, Charlotte
Killian, Yagyu Jubei, Hattori Hanzo, Senryo Kyoshiro, Kubikiri Basara
Sogetsu, J, Mina, Angelica, Kazuki
Draco, Zankuro, Amakusa, Mizuki, , Asura
Hisame Shizumaru, Iroha, Tokugawa, Andrew, Rimururu
Genjuro, N. , Sieger, Shiki, Wanfu, , Kukuro
No Yoshitora? You can't have Andrew without his bro/lover Yoshi. :(

I wonder if SNK is even gonna keep the Sen characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they just got filed away under "never again".

Loona

I wonder if SNK is even gonna keep the Sen characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they just got filed away under "never again".

I wouldn't be surprised if at least 1 of them made some appearance in the future, much like Shiki and a few others from the NG64 3D games did - maybe J. or Black Hawk, which stood out yet looked kinda decent?

TreIII

No Yoshitora? You can't have Andrew without his bro/lover Yoshi. :(

Well, let's put it this way: if SNK had no problem making sure the characters from the PSX "sequel" Warrior's Rage never are referenced in any form or fashion again, I don't think they'll have a problem doing similar with the SEN dudes.

Hell, even when it comes to the 64 games, only Ashura and Shiki are the ones that get referenced. Sucks to be Yagyu and Yaizan...

Loona

Well, let's put it this way: if SNK had no problem making sure the characters from the PSX "sequel" Warrior's Rage never are referenced in any form or fashion again, I don't think they'll have a problem doing similar with the SEN dudes.

Hell, even when it comes to the 64 games, only Ashura and Shiki are the ones that get referenced. Sucks to be Yagyu and Yaizan...

Taizan did get used in the NGPC games, both Card Fighters and SS2!.

Minto from Warrior's Rage also shares a card with Vega in an action card in Card Fighters 2 IIRC and a few character have their own cards there - that can be explained by release date, but one of the other characters shows up in Card Fighters DS, also as an action card taking his drugs.

Not big appearances, but they're there.

Loona

Professor at Madman's Cafe provided a more detailed translation of the employment notice:

http://www.snkplaymore.co.jp/employment/

[GAME ---- Development staffs for New "KOF" and "Samurai Shodown"]
Seeking development staffs for the greatest 3D KOF and Samurai Shodown

Recruiting multiple staffs towards the development of our next-generation "The King of Fighters" series and "Samurai Shodown" series Fighting game titles! We are looking forward to entrants with the passion and ambition to take on the challenge and creation of the next era in our two major franchises, KOF and SS!

Consumer Game Planner (5 staffs wanted)
Consumer Game Programmer (10 staffs wanted)
3DCG Designer (10 staffs wanted)

Consumer Game Programmer job summary:
-Programming job for console games
-fighting game development
-3D game development

Requirement:
-Experience in OpenGL
-Experience in PS3 development
-Experience in Xbox360 development

3DCG designer job summary:
-3DCG Designing job
-Model creation
-Texture creation
-Motion creation
-Movie creation
-Effect creation
-Authoring job
-Graphic creation using Photoshop

Requirement:
-Experience in Model creation
-Experience in Texture creation
-Experience in Motion creation
-Experience developer in Movie creation
-Experience developer in Effect creation

*Experienced developer in Bone cutback and Polygon cutback will be given higher priority
*Experienced developer in Maya, MotionBuilder will be given higher priority

Top Bottom