• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I just went on my girlfriends ipad....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't know the guy, he probably doesn't even realise she's in a relationship. Keep him out of it for now. I'd phone her, as sitting at home stewing over it is going to be even more shit. Either way, not sure the relationship is worth saving and you will have to have it out with her before moving on.

Ouch that's horrible, sorry OP :( I think get your essentials packed and speak to her when she comes home before ending it, in the slim chance there is an explanation and better for closure.

OCD Guy

Why should you be the on to leave OP? Is it her place?

It's a flat that we rent, we're both on the lease agreement. If I leave I'll go back to my parents. She can't afford the payments herself though (but maybe fucking dick man will move in)

The thinking behind that is so she comes back to an empty place, contacts me confused and I tell her I've seen her WhatsApp and to just leave me alone.

With regards to the conversation, I'm sure some of you can use your imagination.

The dick picture isn't random, there's a build up to it, and she even compliments it in a sexual way (again use your imagination)

RPGCrazied

Yeah, if this was me, this would be relationship ending. Don't care how long we would have been together. This is basically cheating.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
make the dickpic the ipads wallpaper and see what happens

9KCIeJi.gif

Markoman

Urrghhh...sorry pal :(

It's over, leave and focus on pulling yourself out of this emotional hole now.
Confronting him or her won't change anything about the situation. Don't waste time
and energy on a lost cause, move on.

Squalor

It's a flat that we rent, we're both on the lease agreement. If I leave I'll go back to my parents.

The thinking behind that is so she comes back to an empty place, contacts me confused and I tell her I've seen her WhatsApp and to just leave me alone.

With regards to the conversation, I'm sure some of you can use your imagination.

The dick picture isn't random, there's a build up to it, and she even compliments it in a sexual way (again use your imagination)
If you're both on the lease, you're still paying for it even after you leave.

Fuck that. Don't pay half the rent at a place you aren't staying.

So it's my day off today and rather than use the laptop I decided to grab my girlfriends ipad to browse from.

Now I know her passcode (which she knows) but as I enter her passcode and the ipad unlocks it takes me into WhatsApp and I see a picture of a dick and some conversation that is not so innocent.

I'm a little bit thrown back to be honest, with feelings of disgust, anger and confusion.

I'm not sure what to do now, message this guy (or call him), call her, wait until she get's back, say nothing, pack my stuff and leave. To be honest it's done for me now, but still deciding whether it's worth the stress of the arguing and anger.

Obviously I'm writing about it on Neogaf (what could go wrong) but this is completely out of the blue. In the past when I've had shit like this it's normally been accompanied with a change in behaviour, taking all phones etc with them at all times.

It's time to go my friend, it's time to go.

Communication is key. Talk to her about this and see what kind of story she gives.

Not sure if you noted this or not, but was there a lot of back and forth in this conversation thread or was it a D pic and that's it? Did she respond to it in disgust or anything?

Edit : I see there was some conversation that was "not so innocent". Regardless, talk to her and see what develops. Sounds like you've made your decision, but closure is good and you need to talk to her about this.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
It's a flat that we rent, we're both on the lease agreement. If I leave I'll go back to my parents.

So she was flirting with the guy and made compliments to his penis?
Time to leave OP, sorry.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Go to Staples and get a giant poster sized picture of that dick and hang it your apartment for when she gets home and you're not there.

Noema

You can run iPhone apps on the iPad. I've did it with Periscope before I realized how pointless Periscope was.

WhatsApp specifically won't run on tablets since it's tied to the SIM card number of the phone it was activated on.

She was probably running Whatsapp Web on the browser which connects to the phone app.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's a flat that we rent, we're both on the lease agreement. If I leave I'll go back to my parents. She can't afford the payments herself though (but maybe fucking dick man will move in)

Yea, it's over. Sorry dude :(

br3wnor

need more details about the convo

having random flirty online chats with dick pics flying around are not that big of a deal. most girls do that

Seriously? Guy lives w/ the girl (from what we can surmise) so I'm assuming it's a serious relationship. Receiving dick (or tit) pics and sexting is not behavior that is usually considered kosher in a serious relationship.

darkace

Banned

Why are you even asking here lol. It's over.

I do like that course of action, but personally I can see myself having a text conversation with her as she "explains" everything, which would diminish the impact just leaving would have had. Ugh, I'm sorry you're hurting, man.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!

That's not a bad idea either, if you don't want to confront her about it.

Replicant

I'll take a screen cap, email it to myself and leave.

Then if she asks, send her the screen cap along with the message "Don't even try acting angry. I'm not the one who cheated."

Then be silent. No more conversation.

RAWi

As most have said...

Talk to her. Let her explain. If you can read the whole conversation con context. Then decide.

I have a friend who shared "pics of dicks"to me and a friend for fun, cause he knows we don't like that. Well, his girlfriend, which is my friend too, sometimes does that too, they are quite the couple. Obviously the 'pics of dicks" are random Internet pics, converted to jokes or pranks of "hey something happened to me.You check the pic, is a traffic accident, you click it and bam! Big ass penis!"

But, it is up to you :3. Perhaps its not the case, but context is always important. Good Luck op!

Squalor

He's still on the lease agreement, though.

Her cheating doesn't absolve his having to pay his portion of the rent.

Pack her stuff up. Put it out. Change the locks while she's gone, haha.

Icefire1424

Ouch. Sorry OP. I agree that it sounds like this relationship is over, and I'm sorry for that. Once trust is gone, it's very hard to move forward. Be the bigger man here. Acknowledge it, don't bring emotion into it, and move on.

Something you could do, pack the small stuff, like you'd be leaving for the day, and then when she gets back she knows your serious.. Then you just go back to pick up the big stuff later.

Confronting her sounds like she'd go on the defensive, lie, and it could possibly become a screaming match, which isn't worth it, though, especially if you already feel she'd throw a diversion if you called or texted her now.

I'd probably pack the small stuff, sleep somewhere else tonight, then when she wonders where you are, say you saw the convo and pics and you're out, will be back later for the rest. That puts the ball in her court and a chance to explain herself.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Call the dude, ask him if he knows about you. If he does, he's an asshole, if he doesn't, he'll probably dump her ass.

Wait for her to get back, tell her what you found, tell her how you feel.

Kick her ass out.

Hit the gym. Get laid hard.

B.O.O.M

Damn OP so sorry to hear that. Not worth it man, just leave. Consider urself to have dodged a bullet by finding out what kind of a person she is before things got even more serious

Regginator

I wouldn't call the guy, it's not his fault that your girlfriend does this. He might not even know she's seeing someone else. I also wouldn't tell your girlfriend for the time being, wait a few days and see if she'll eventually feel guilt and confesses to you on her own. If it takes too long (e.g. several days), confront her with it and act accordingly.

You might want to take some screenshots and send them to yourself. She might realize her mistake when she gets backs and she tries to erase everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom