• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Richard Spencer is a regular of the bar I work in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me why Richard Spencer is so hated on here? I have no clue who he is.

Nazi.

You work in the service industry, you should be used to grinning and bearing it while you serve people you don't like.

The guy is a piece of shit, but don't do something dumb.

There are shitty customers that make your night difficult, and there are Nazis. There's a difference here.

Obviously OP shouldn't assault the guy but he should absolutely let management know he's not comfortable serving him. I'm sure others will speak up as well.

A place of business has a right to refuse service to anyone.

wandering

Banned
You work in the service industry, you should be used to grinning and bearing it while you serve people you don't like.

There's a little bit of a difference between an ass who treats waitstaff rudely and a literal Nazi.

Don't mess with his food, that's a felony.

Now if you wanted to tell Antifa where he was at... and it was done in a way that couldn't be traced to you... and... well nevermind.

NH Apache

Banned
You have your responsible vendors card or should. You can choose not to serve them indiscriminately.

Fucking kick him out. No safe places for him.

Hydrus

Don't do anything stupid obviously, but if you really want to mess with him, you should play one of his videos on the TV lol.

sphagnum

Banned
I don't know who the fuck he is until now. Never heard of this guy in my 31 years of existence on this earth. I would call out sick if that were the case.

He's one of the more prominent white nationalists who has been popping up all over the place recently and is generally regarded as the guy who coined the phrase "alt right".

Don't do anything stupid obviously, but if you really want to mess with him, you should play one of his videos on the TV lol.

Just loop the punch video endlessly.

Eylos

Banned
He's one of the more prominent white nationalists who has been popping up all over the place recently and is generally regarded as the guy who coined the phrase "alt right".
He has also done the sieg heil
richard-spencer-punch-gif-3.gif

Reach across the aisle and have a friendly debate with him to show him the error of his ways. Remember, if you harbor any animosity towards him then you are just as bad. /moderate

Ogodei

You live in Alexandria, OP? He's based out of here now, to my everlasting shame.

There was a protest outside of his office this Sunday, but i just started a new job today and didn't want to get all worked up before that...

"Hey man, you should shut up and serve the man that's a Nazi and literally against the existence of millions of Americans."

See what I'm doing here?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Next time you have to serve him a drink, tell him you're a big fan of that gif and would love to see a reenactment of it in person if he doesn't leave.

Tell your manager. If he's okay with this fucker being in the bar, quit and release the bar's name.

RedHill

Banned

I've worked in the service industry and funny enough, I'm actually NOT used to serving white supremacists. That's so weird, right?

FUME5

"Hey man, you should shut up and serve the man that's a Nazi and literally against the existence of millions of Americans."

See what I'm doing here?

Fuck mate, I don't give a shit if you jump the bar and start laying in to him.

Just like people telling you to do just that don't give a shit if you don't have a job tomorrow.

It's incredible to me how many people want to incite violence against a man even if his viewpoints are abhorrent. He has every right to walk into that bar and purchase a drink if he pleases. I do however feel bad that you have to serve him :/

EDIT: He has the right to have a drink without having to fear being physically assaulted for his ideology.

Take a few photos and spread it online, maybe the hypocrisy will cause some of his Nazi friends to turn on him.

This is actually pretty good, but since OP doesn't want to give away their location I don't think this is an option for them.

Edit: Also obligatory "Are you sure it's him?"

Shaanyboi

Banned
It's incredible to me how many people want to incite violence against a man even if his viewpoints are abhorrent. He has every right to walk into that bar and purchase a drink if he pleases. I do however feel bad that you have to serve him :/

His viewpoints are genocide.

If the most you can do in the face of that is wag your finger, you ain't helping anyone.

I wouldn't want the customers at my bar to feel threatened by his presence. They can absolutely refuse service.

If conservatives have a problem with that, we can have a conversation about cakes.

Nafai1123

Banned

Drinking at a bar ain't a "right." It's a private business that can serve, or refuse to serve, whoever the fuck they want.

KoopaTheCasual

"Hey boss, this guys a fucking Nazi and we should not serve him. If we keep serving him it could get out on social media and we'll be accused of being Nazi sympathizers."

If your boss still doesn't care, out the bar on social media yourself and look for a new job.
This is honestly the soundest advice.

"Hey boss, this guys a fucking Nazi and we should not serve him. If we keep serving him it could get out on social media and we'll be accused of being Nazi sympathizers."

If your boss still doesn't care, out the bar on social media yourself and look for a new job.

This seems like a good approach

I wouldn't be shocked if the majority of America was clueless about who Richard Spencer is, let alone what he looks like. I don't know ... maybe that's off base??

Also ... make sure you have another job before you listen to anyone suggesting you toss yours away

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious

I don't mind a Nazi fuck getting punched, but I sometimes wonder if the aggregate effect of everyone wanting to punch these people is that it gives them a victim narrative and raises their social profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom