• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Richard Spencer is a regular of the bar I work in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said already I don't wanna even give hints about my current employer.

Well, wherever you work, they should work on their spelling.
("Ethnical" isn't a word)

Oops, top of page post...
Yeah, I like the idea of playing a tape on repeat. Maybe stand over him ominously while doing so.

Or, prepare him a normal drink, and then stand there laughing mischievously each time he takes a drink from it.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
"Hey boss, this guys a fucking Nazi and we should not serve him. If we keep serving him it could get out on social media and we'll be accused of being Nazi sympathizers."

If your boss still doesn't care, out the bar on social media yourself and look for a new job.

Do this. And the poo in his beer thing

hitme

Kick him out Moe style.

giphy.gif

Sianos

Can anyone tell me why Richard Spencer is so hated on here? I have no clue who he is.
Among other heinous views, he explicitly advocates for what he call a "peaceful" ethnic cleansing.

No ethnic cleansings ever stay - and really, never, ever are - "peaceful". What he's doing is openly calling for a genocide.

Fuck mate, I don't give a shit if you jump the bar and start laying in to him.

Just like people telling you to do just that don't give a shit if you don't have a job tomorrow.

I knew what you meant, it’s easy to be all gung ho when it’s not your job on the line.

I wouldn't be shocked if the majority of America was clueless about who Richard Spencer is, let alone what he looks like. I don't know ... maybe that's off base??

Nah, we know what this nazi prick looks like.

EYEL1NER

"Hey boss, this guys a fucking Nazi and we should not serve him. If we keep serving him it could get out on social media and we'll be accused of being Nazi sympathizers."

If your boss still doesn't care, out the bar on social media yourself and look for a new job.
I would approach your boss about it, but address it the exact way Nadia did in his post. Not necessarily a "I don't feel comfortable serving him," in case your boss doesn't give a damn about what you prefer to do or not do, but frame it in a way that he could stand to lose a lot of money and it be super-bad for business.
Be like "Man, do we really want word getting out on Twitter that this is where he hangs out? Protests outside the door, bricks thrown through windows, boycotts and poor Yelp! reviews... We could take a real financial hit because of this guy."

Your boss could be a decent guy, but he could also be a shithead who doesn't care about minorities, racism, fascism, or anything like that. I guarantee that if he's the latter though, he still cares about money and the prospect of losing it might make him take some kind of action.

That's correct. I mean that he has a right to enjoy a drink without fear of being physically assaulted for his ideology.
Well...lets just hope that his ideology doesn't result in potentially harming thousands if not millions of people then. Hmm...

In the meantime yes he has the right to enjoy a drink. But the owner has the right to refuse. Especially since he's a walking target for so many people.

gdt

This is the answer OP

Buckle

If you don't trust your boss to not be an asshole thats going to look the other way or give you trouble if you approach the subject, find a way to spread news of this without anyone knowing it was you.

If word gets out, bad press will follow and he would hopefully be forced to ban him.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Why is that?

HE
IS
A
NAZI

Without question, without ambiguity, without even a shred of remorse. He's downplayed if not supported ethnic cleansing, and his ilk have been so fucking normalized that we have Nazi sympathizers openly operating within the White House.

He should thank his luck every time he comes home with his teeth still connected to his gums. And that would put it lightly as to what he deserves.

Do not even for a fucking second try and pass off Spencer as some fucking victim as if his ideology is not a serious fucking threat to the lives of others.

Sianos

That's correct. I mean that he has a right to enjoy a drink without fear of being physically assaulted for his ideology.
Perhaps the bar could just "peacefully" relocate Spencer. I don't think Spencer, in accordance with his own hateful ideology, could possibly refuse a "peaceful" relocation.

Qblivion

No. Nazis do not have rights. They forfeit their claim to basic human rights the moment they start believing in ethnic cleansing and racial superiority.

Nah, we know what this nazi prick looks like.

I would imagine 95% of GAF knows lol. I was just thinking about the other bar tender, patrons or the OP's boss. I mean fuck, you would think the guy is wound get beat on the reg by reading GAF alone. I was thinking about all the other clueless establishments this man frequents. How many of them are clueless too?

Sheroking

Everyone arguing about whether or not Richard Spencer should be punched for his Nazi bullshit and I'm sitting here thinking "this man could fucking die right now and I'd probably chuckle".

I certainly wouldn't serve him a drink.

A bar isn't a government institution. Free speech laws need not apply.
Sure, but I don't think he's walking into this bar proliferating a nazi aganda. He's sitting down and having a drink (OP correct me if wrong). The business has every right not to serve him. But he has every right to peacefully walk into a bar and have a drink without being assaulted.

Nafai1123

Banned
Sure, but I don't think he's walking into this bar proliferating a nazi aganda. He's sitting down and having a drink (OP correct me if wrong). The business has every right not to serve him. But he has every right to peacefully walk into a bar and have a drink without being assaulted.

If his ideology incites violence he shouldn't be surprised when his presence incites violence. It's that simple. Legality has nothing to do with it.

I hate to break it to you, but the law disagrees with that ����*♂️

The "law" has no meaning since Trump became President, lol. People could slip a roofie in his drink and everything would remain the same: chaotic and dysfunctional. :/

HardRojo

I wish to fight bad ideas with better ones, not violence.
You realize words do not work with this kind of people, do you? Lol don't try to act all high and mighty with your bullshit. Their views promote violence no matter how much crap you want to sugarcoat it with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom