• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, who's buying Mad Max next week?

M.W.

I know the 1st is a big day for gamers, and I keep seeing people say Max is going to fail releasing the same day as TPP. So, who's actually picking it up? I know I am, every video had looked solid and the game just looks like a lot of fun.

GMG 50% Voucher:
MADMAX-SAVE50-MADMAX

Too many games. If it reviews well, I'll grab it at half price in a few months.

From Sept 1 on, there's basically no room in my schedule for "maybe" games until 2016.

Dawg

I really want to play it but I feel like it's a loss of money.

With the way games drop in price these days, once I finish MGSV, it will already be cheaper.

Fjordson

I am. I'll be playing a lot of MGS V and I'm not totally sure Mad Max will be worth the $60, but it looks pretty neat. Hoping for some surprising open-world greatness like Sleeping Dogs.

Too many games. If it reviews well, I'll grab it at half price in a few months.

From Sept 1 on, there's basically no room in my schedule for "maybe" games until 2016.

Same between MGS5 and TTK 2 weeks after, Mad Max is gonna be bargain bin status for me. No point in picking up a game at full price when I know I won't touch it for a month or 2

viveks86

I was planning to get it to keep me warm till MGS V PC came after 2 weeks. And then Konami fucked it all up. Based Konami!

CappyHamper

Neo Member
It looks great, I would totally be getting this if it had released at some other time.
But as a long time MGS fan there is just no chance.

I'll pick it up in a few months.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
There is too much else I'll be busy with, plus I need to wait and find out if WB shit the bed with the PC version again.

Newlove

It looks okay. Like your run of the mill open world game with no mechanics that stick out as unique or special to me other than the petrol situation (which doesn't seem to be much of a concern when playing). I'll wait for the reviews.

Swarley

I'm super intrigued, but I just can't pick it up over MGS V. If it doesn't take me all month to complete MGS, I'll absolutely pick it up at some point during September. If not, I'll pick it up later in the year when it's on sale or something.

Sanjuro

Absolutely not touching the MGS game, so lucky for Max I may check it out. Still looks like it can go either way in terms of quality.

I've been on the Mad Max hype train since the first gameplay trailer. Already have it preloaded, just waiting for midnight on Monday.

FrsDvl

I'm so tempted to... Just don't know when I'll ever get around to playing it, with MGS V coming out on the same day. I might just wait a while and get it in a few months, but we'll see.

Ledhead

I am. Helps that I got it cheaper from the Amazon E3 deal, but I still really want to play it as a big fan of that universe

eshwaaz

I'm in. I think it looks tremendously fun. I really enjoyed Avalanche's last two games; here's hoping they'll deliver again.

Assuming it's a quality game, I really hope the "gotta release on the same day that the movie is available on DVD/Blu-ray" strategy doesn't end up biting them in the ass. MGS is going to be huge, and they may get smothered by it.

It's MGS time, and a new metal gear game is an event and spectacle that will devour all my time. Unfortunately mad max will end up being a game I get for cheap next year during a slow period. If it reviews well that is.

Since i don't buy Metal Gear day one (i have to play 1,2,3,4 before) i think i'm gonna buy at launch for pc. Summer was all backlog, something new does not hurt.

kewlmyc

Between Metal Gear Solid V and DanganRonpa Another Episode, I just can't afford to.

Also Fury Road comes out the same day. Yeah, that's a lot of money.

bigkrev

Nope, will be 30ish dollars on console by Black Friday, and it's coming out 2 weeks too late for it not to get lost in the shuffle

hydruxo

I'll probably pick it up on Black Friday. I just can't pay full price for it right now, I want to hear impressions for it first too.

I was but cancelled my preorder after seeing the awful pop-in issues and AC gameplay errands. Between TPP and TTK I have no room, so it'll take - price drop to attract me again.

Jeremy

I'm highly interested and I really want to support it Just Cause but I probably won't purchase on Day 1. If possible I want to get it before sale though.

If it would have come out a month earlier, I would have been all over it.

Unfortunately for it, I think the game is going to get lost in with all the big releases.

At least this means we should be able to get it for a nice discount a few weeks after release.

Yeah I am getting madmax day 1, got it for £34 which I think is a bargain. Was going to get MGS.. but I missed a price cut on that, and so will wait now.

So just Until Dawn and Mad Max the next two weeks :)

If I had more cash to throw around, I would, but unfortunately, paying tuition, bills etc leaves me strapped and I'm only picking up MGSV.

I feel it'll be a Black Friday sale anyway. I'll pick it up then.

Unit24

Not sure what the length of gameplay videos has to do with it

It shows that the developers are confident enough to show off tons of raw gameplay, and it gives you enough time to see that it's not a steaming pile of shit like Star Trek. I honestly don't see how you even made the comparison.

Top Bottom