• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, who's buying Mad Max next week?

Rolfgang

Already bought it for 20 bucks, I love everything I've seen so far.

I got MGSV free with my 980 Ti, but that can wait, I'm way more hyped for Mad Max and my next game will probably be Battlefront after MGS. Not really interested in a Bethesda Fallout 4, I want Obsidian on it.

daviyoung

Banned
It shows that the developers are confident enough to show off tons of raw gameplay, and it gives you enough time to see that it's not a steaming pile of shit like Star Trek. I honestly don't see how you even made the comparison.

Will be gladly proven wrong.

TheTrain

I've pre ordered it, it looks really interesting but it is also so damn cheap that stays easily at 20€. I don't know where i am going to take enough time to play MGS and this with a full time job...but i'll find a way! September will be awesome, that's for sure

Bought it from GMG for %40 off, because why the hell not. I have a disposable income. The most recent videos have been enticing as hell, much better than the early ones.

But, I will have to stop playing MGSV to try it out, so may not get to it for a while.

I still have to slog through the rest of the MGS series before I even consider picking it up at full price so I'll probably get this instead - looks really entertaining from what I've seen. Kind of want to see reviews first, too. Does anyone know when the embargo is up?

styl3s

MGS V i have wanted forever so i am picking up and playing that day 1.

Mad Max as a video game on paper sounds great but when i sit down and think about it i don't really enjoy car combat and as much shit as rage got i really enjoyed that game except for the car combat. Hated borderlands car combat as well. My second and third problem is that It's a WB game and the last 2 WB games on PC were shit and i don't who know is doing the PC port and Avalanche Games as a developer doesn't hold any weight because Just Cause 1 was a bad game and Just Cause 2 didn't really do anything for me.

I want the game to be good i love the Mad Max franchise but it's a game i can't really see myself spending more than $20, maybe $30 on. Especially when MGS V will take up probably 2-3 weeks for me to do everything. I hope i am proved wrong on all accounts and it ends up being my game of the year but i am just very skeptical right now. Truth be told even if i got it free the day it came out i still probably wouldn't get around to playing it till next year unless i could squeeze time in October because Fallout will easily take 1-2 months for me to 100% it.

Hasney

I've got 40 hours of MGS then several games lined up before that. We'll see how much it is in November or so.

Wizman23

Banned
It looks awesome, but as other people mentioned there is just too much coming out in the next few months: Big long games too:

Destiny Taken King
MGS: V
Fallout 4
Halo 5
Battlefront

bryehn

I'm gonna have to wait, the game looks decent enough, but sadly it's being sent directly to bomba and it'll be heavily discounted soon enough (a big deal in Canada right now).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There is too much else I'll be busy with, plus I need to wait and find out if WB shit the bed with the PC version again.

Unless Avalanche outsourced (doubtful, wasn't JC2 in-house?) I extremely doubt their port is a Batman shituation.

As for me: Steam sale. I've pre-ordered Metal Gear Solid. I'm not buying anything else for a bit.

jacobeid

Banned
Beyond the fact that I'm far from sold on the game, I just know that I won't have time for it and MGSV at the same time, and after Arkham Knight I don't really feel like giving WB a cent of my money (I know, Rocksteady, not Avalanche).

If the game turns out alright I might pick it up in a few months on a deep, deep discount.

It looks sick! I just wish they would release it a few weeks after MGSV so it doesn't get screwed. They need to pull a Dying Light bad

AsfaeksBR

Already pre-ordered on PS4.
And you guys probably seen, but there's a video about Mad Max on Conan O'Brien channel's with Blake and the producer of the game and that looks waaaay better than the vídeos we've previously seen. I don't know why, but it looks way more interesting in that stream!

Gundy2010

I'm still burnt by Shadow of Mordor(The only Gaf recommandation that I regret for purchasing). Mad Max seems like same basic open world formula with different setting. Car combat looks amazing but I'd like to see the whole package 1st.

LordDash

Banned
I'll see how it runs first on PC, if it's playable and smooth I'd bite. But after the Arkham Night debacle, I learned my lesson...
hopefully

Unless Avalanche outsourced (doubtful, wasn't JC2 in-house?) I extremely doubt their port is a Batman shituation.

As for me: Steam sale. I've pre-ordered Metal Gear Solid. I'm not buying anything else for a bit.

they've already confirmed they are working on the PC version in-house...it's not being worked on by a third party

Already pre-ordered on PS4.
And you guys probably seen, but there's a video about Mad Max on Conan O'Brien channel's with Blake and the producer of the game and that looks waaaay better than the vídeos we've previously seen. I don't know why, but it looks way more interesting in that stream!

I liked that stream too...he was just having fun with it and not treating it like a work assignment

Have it Pre-Ordered! I should finish Witcher 3 first, but I think it will be fun, so I'm supporting it day one. Plus its Avalanche Studios ..

JJD

I still don't understand how it took so long to get this game out. It was announced back in 2013 right? The game most certainly got into development well before that considering it was showed at E3. And now Avalanche will have 2 games releasing in 4 months...it just doesn't make sense. I know it was scrapped for the PS3/360 but still...

If it had released right next to the movie I bet it would have done fine, I probably would have grabbed it since I loved Fury Road, but now all I can think about is MGS.

I will still probably buy this but it will take awhile.

dzelly

Just got Madden, will be picking up TPP, in the middle of Dying Light. I feel bad, but I have no time for Mad Max.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I still don't understand how it took so long to get this game out. It was announced back in 2013 right? The game most certainly got into development well before that considering it was showed at E3. And now Avalanche will have 2 games releasing in 4 months...it just doesn't make sense. I know it was scrapped for the PS3/360 but still....

They redid the entire game, one the leads left/exited the project IIRC.

Top Bottom