• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, who's buying Mad Max next week?

Since the price for Mad Max for me was $19 (I had some store credit on GMG) I went ahead and pre-ordered. However, I'm not redeeming the key until I hear about the PC port.

Plus, I also have MGSV to play...

Mad Max is coming out on September 1st?

The same day another huge open world, massively marketed and hyped game is coming out?

Whos fucking idea was that?

Jeff Gerstmann seems hyped on it. I'll wait and see how everyone feels in a few months. But likely it'll become Wolfenstein for me. I'll probably pick THAT up after the holiday and maybe I'll do the same for Mad Max in a year.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
ME!!! ME!!! ME!!! ME!!! ME!!!

Watched a 90 minute gameplay video from "team coco" last night and I really wish the game was released today but oh well, one more week to go. Not perfect but so much that I was seeing looks just so much fun and a blast to play. September 1st is MAD MAX day and I'll be playing that to 100% completion.

Team coco gameplay -

https://youtu.be/1PAiwOUl6Dg

I think I'm going to. Going to wait for used copies of TPP to surface, so hopefully this will hold me over in the meantime. Looks like it'll be fun.

The End

So, Eurogamer had a banner on their site advertising 'Instant Gamer'.

They had PC copies of MGSV for $40 and Mad Max for $20. I basically got 2 games for one. Here's the link in case anyone is interested.

http://www.instant-gaming.com/?igr=eurogamer

grey market key sellers:

their FAQ said:
This is the question that often comes up when buying on this kind of website. Rest assured, our CD keys are official as they are purchased from authorized resellers: EA Origin, Steam, Battle.net, NCSoft or Ubisoft.

All our cards are cards SCANNED from the official ones ^ ^

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I pre-ordered it on Steam a couple of weeks ago. I'm very much looking forward to sinking my teeth into the campaign, but I need to ensure I finish AssCreed LibHD before the game unlocks.

LegendX48

Already got it for pretty much half price from the green man gaming deal a week ago. Really hoping it's good and that the pc port is well optimized.

Gurish

For me it looks like a Ubi style open world game, tons of icons that represents repetitive "activities" which is a code for fetch bullshit, I didn't see any interesting mission design in any of the videos they've released, it's always fight against cars/ people/ take over the camp etc...

I'm passing for now. I'll possibly pick it up later on, but probably after a few months. MGSV and college are going to be hard on my wallet so I need to save up.

Aces&Eights

After watching the hour long playthrough I don't think this game is for me. I love the Mad Max world but the gameplay reminds me a lot of certain collectathon games. I used to like those but got reeeeally burnt out in them. Might pick it up when discounted.

Oh yeah, Metal Gear V.

For me it looks like a Ubi style open world game, tons of icons that represents repetitive "activities" which is a code for fetch bullshit, I didn't see any interesting mission design in any of the videos they've released, it's always fight against cars/ people/ take over the camp etc...
This is what I got from the 1 hr gameplay. It put me off

system11

I'm not getting TPP, the MGS games have never really grabbed me for whatever reason. Mad Max on the other hand interests me but I just have too many other things to play at the moment. I have more backlog than time.

Vitor711

grey market key sellers:

Yeah, but I like to think that Eurogamer won't just let anyone advertise on their site. They're pretty well respected and having a dodgy third party key seller screw over their readers would seriously damage that brand.

I thought it was worth sharing in case people were interested. This is my first purchase from them so I guess I'll find out if it's all good in a week or so...

Gurish

Not giving Konami any money, so I'll be getting this instead.
I'm not sure they care too much, they just want to release the thing and get back to Pachinko, it's not like we can change their opinion either way, this is probably their last big AAA game anyway, doesn't matter if it will be a success or not.

MiguelItUp

I'm definitely getting it, and I'm really excited about it too! Between Mad Max and Phantom Pain, it's going to be a pretty exciting week! I'm going to try and see if I can juggle both at once for awhile. Wish me luck!

IvanJ

Banned
Mad Max could have profited from launching August 18th, surely it was ready by then.

I might get it, but it needs to review well (75+ meta) and then drop to about €/$ 20. I can wait, there's no rush to play this game.

Atolm

I want it but I only have time for MGSV and I want to support more niche releases like Danganronpa and Nobunaga's Ambition, so it will have to wait.

kevin1025

Banned
I am! Getting Mad Max and The Phantom Pain. I'll probably fire up MGS5 first, but Mad Max is definitely getting some play time on the 1st, as well. Super excited to dive into it.

SliChillax

Found it for 20 dollars at cdkeys thanks to IGN, why not at that price. Love the movies and the gameplay so far has been great.

ironcreed

Banned
Pre-loaded and ready. I have had a bead on this one for awhile and think it will easily deliver for me. I am also expecting it to end up being a nice surprise for many others.

Lol. It's Mad Max dude, what do you expect?

Survival, car combat, scavenging. Just like the movies.

No time unfortunately, and I feel like having both Mad Max and Fallout 4 in a couple months would be a bit of overkill on the open world wasteland gaming front. Plus MGSV too as far as time.

Just bad luck/timing for this game. I think it looks awesome. If they could've released it a couple months ago it probably would've sold much better than it likely will.

Fractal

Banned
Nah, won't be getting it at release, though I'll check it out eventually... unless the reception turns up negative.

bebop242

Too many games. If it reviews well, I'll grab it at half price in a few months.

From Sept 1 on, there's basically no room in my schedule for "maybe" games until 2016.

Have to agree with this right here. It looks good, but no way will i have time to play it for quite awhile.

M.W.

Good to see a lot of you guys picking this up. I think it's going to surprise a lot of people when reviews hit.

Top Bottom