• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Someone is streaming GTA V on PS4

Also happy to say that sky diving in first person doesn't put the hands in front of the screen in every frame, just a specific animation when slowing down.

On Demand

Banned
I didn't buy physical copy but lets put it this way, Rockstar would NEVER ship their open world game without a map :p

Ok cool.

With the trend of developers not packing anything inside cases anymore i was a little worried. The exception being CD projekt red. We get all this with TW3!

ltMdiLk.png

zakislam

After linking social club account, and completing first mission, anyway to confirm the social club account saved/linked the progress for next-gen features to unlock?

dreamlock

The hero Los Santos deserves
My man... Doing the lord's work!

But, did you just spoil yourself the whole campaign story by watching so many missions? Even the ending mission seemingly? (which I won't watch the gfy's of)
Or did you already play the game on past-gen consoles?

Anyway, a big salute to you, sir.

Putting this here as well to avoid confusion:

I hope I didn't confuse you all with the titles -- I followed/created a sort of fictional story in my head for the character that they were currently playing as it would be more fun to have something to follow.

These gifs have very little to zero spoilery content of the singleplayer missions, as that simply wasn't any good footage that I could use. Most people that were playing were new and switched perspectives, ran into stuff, jumped off cliffs ..it just didn't look good.

The events that happen in most of the "series" that I posted actually do happen in that order, but it's more spread out, maybe takes them a few minutes or half a hour before the next thing occured. There's the serial killer, the robber and a tourist from outside of Los Santos (while the character is actually Franklin) who goes on a rampage and gets the cops after him. So yeah, all fictional, so don't be afraid of getting spoiled of story content.

The Road Rage series was the funniest one by far. He just went on a spree and did all that within 30 minutes. That stream stuttered a lot though at the time, so I had to manually go through and cut like 2000 frames. If you notice that it freezes in places in some gifs it's because it wasn't possible to remove bad frames everywhere as they were either missing or too corrupted to recover.

Was watching someone just now going full speed on a motorbike through traffic in first person. It's just incredible, the sense of speed and the immersion. Holy shit.

I'm all downloaded now, ready for midnight tomorrow.

Was watching someone just now going full speed on a motorbike through traffic in first person. It's just incredible, the sense of speed and the immersion. Holy shit.

I'm all downloaded now, ready for midnight tomorrow.

Yeah, it really does look great. My main mode of transport is my Akuma, so I'm extra glad that FP view on bikes had been done well.

Also, I don't think I'll be tinting the windows on my vehicles anymore. You can't see shit out of them when in FP view, lol.

Yeah, it really does look great. My main mode of transport is my Akuma, so I'm extra glad that FP view on bikes had been done well.

Also, I don't think I'll be tinting the windows on my vehicles anymore. You can't see shit out of them when in FP view, lol.

I never used the bikes much, mainly stayed in my Entity. That's all going to change with this new view mode though.

Edit: It's even more torturous now that the game icon is on my main menu. I get heart palpitations just looking at it.

Gta online looks much better as well. The traffic and pedestrians seem to be much improved, obviously not to the extent of single player.

Lulu23

Posting here because there is no OT yet:

Is there any kind of deal for people that have the last gen version to upgrade, like Activision did with COD or EA did with Battlefield?
Unlikely that I wouldn't have heard of anything, but I thought I'd ask to be sure.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I'm grateful for the streams and all but why does everyone keep streaming GTA:O? The game looks noticeably pared back from the single player mode, and it's not like they are joining a game with 29 other people. It's annoying!

Is there any kind of deal for people that have the last gen version to upgrade, like Activision did with COD or EA did with Battlefield?
Unlikely that I wouldn't have heard of anything, but I thought I'd ask to be sure.

you get extra content

Target has $30 deal if you trade it in.
Not sure if it's still going on.

Edit: You also get additional content in game.

Tigress

Target is offering 30 dollars towards ps4/Xbox one GTA V if you trade in a PS3/360 copy. I think the deal is til the 22nd. Starts today according to their ad but some one on reddit is claiming target is saying not til tomorrow for that one.

Boke1879

Target is offering 30 dollars towards ps4/Xbox one GTA V if you trade in a PS3/360 copy. I think the deal is til the 22nd. Starts today according to their ad but some one on reddit is claiming target is saying not til tomorrow for that one.

I wonder how that works? If I trade in my last gen copy tomorrow do they give me a voucher or something?

zakislam

Those who've been watching streams, anyone see how long it takes to get access to the new features like the rail gun, ratchet, new vehicle in the story?

Lulu23

Whoops, forgot to say I'm in Germany. But thanks anyways. :)

Maybe there is some German retailer doing something similar? Can't find any info though...

so the game shipped for me. Guess I'm going to hold off on Far Cry till December. Doesn't make sense to purchase 2 games in november when these november titles will go on sale in december. I will have my hands full with this title for awhile.

How do pre-loads usually work on PS4? This is the first game I've pre-ordered off the PS Store (first game I've actually pre-ordered in a couple years...) so I'm not familiar how it works.

Edit: NM, just noticed the other thread on pre-loading.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So is it possible to download the day one patch on Xbox One if you bought (pre-ordered) the game digital?

Was wondering the same. On mine it says 42GB and 2GB for save games apparently. Wtf? 2GB for save files lol welcome to next gen I guess.

Hip Hop

So who's doing the OT? Get to it quick who ever it is..

It should be going live right about now. Just copy some of Buckethead's work (with credit) and Bam!

Top Bottom