• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Adventure 3: Shadow of the Hedgehog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
Zilch said:
Why in the name of all things Holy does this game look like such shit?! I honestly don't mind the concept that much, but all I see are awful blurry textures and simple models.

I know... I'm not going to be an ass like the others and laugh at the idea but the graphics are really awful. What the hell?

Electrii

Raxel said:
I hope the soundtrack will at least rock, old school style. No modern rock/nu metal bullshit please!
Expect something like Linkin Park, soon enough Shadow will be crawling in your skin.

Sonic Team, you need to stop giving the fans what they think they want.

Remember, a long time ago, right around the time Nights game out, Yuji Naka, when you said "I make games that I like to play."

Stop listening to your online fanboys/girls. Go back to making the kind of games YOU think you'd have fun playing. As the old philosophy goes, if you yourself enjoy something, others will enjoy it too.

SonicMegaDrive said:
Sonic Team, you need to stop giving the fans what they think they want.

Remember, a long time ago, right around the time Nights game out, Yuji Naka, when you said "I make games that I like to play."

Stop listening to your online fanboys/girls. Go back to making the kind of games YOU think you'd have fun playing. As the old philosophy goes, if you yourself enjoy something, others will enjoy it too.

Are you insane? If anything, the problem is that he's NOT listening. How many folks on message boards across the web has been begging for a 2D Sonic? Countless.

Whoa, whoa, HOLD up.

Off subject, but examine that video.

When they show a clip of Sonic the Fighters, the title screen has an option that says "ARCADE MODE".

Well, the game was never released on home systems.(Almost was on the Saturn in 1997, but it was canned in favor of Dreamcast support).

So, is this clip from an upcoming Compilation, or from the old, scrapped Saturn port?

Very interesting.

sammy

kirbyangst.jpg

sorry, couldn't resist ...

Folder said:
Guns are guns. Hooker beating is hooker beating. Every game with guns doesn't contain hooker beating. What do you mean?
You honestly can't comprehend the parallel I raised there? Seriously? Read it again maybe, it's pretty straight forward.

How is it a retarded decision.
Look at the majority of the replies in this thread and every other thread regarding this game on the internet.

Little judgemental given only a trailer has been shown don't you think?
I am judging them putting a gun in the hands on a cartoon hedgehog as part of an effort to make it dark and mature. What else do I need to base that decision on, gameplay footage? A demo? It's pretty clear that my assumption that he's holding a real gun can be based on the trailer.

How does it hurt a franchise?
It hurts the franchise in the same way giving Luigi a shank and having him walk around the Mushroom Kingdom slicing Koopa Troopa's throats Manhunt style. The game is called Shadow the Hedgehog, but you're right, no one will make the connection with Sonic the Hedgehog.

Seriously Mike, you need to take a deep breath. They've taken a formula and added to it, rebranded it and avoided risking the true Sonic brand, a wide decision IMO.
Go ahead and hold that opinion, I'm not getting antsy with anyone who doesn't share mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom