• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic and all stars racing transformed is out on ios

Guess Who

Banned
Anyone know where to see some good screenshots of this game on iPad Air? I want to see how some of the later stages look, there seems to be very limited amount of screens floating around...

I have the game and an iPad Air, what stages do you want shots of?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
As always, with fake F2P (a paid game with a F2P model) I'll wait until it's free.

This is probably the real reason there's a "VIP Pack" in the first place. You buy the game, you get the VIP pack; you get in free, you don't have it.

Don't know why they wouldn't be up front about that.

sibarraz

Banned
ugh, the pursuit scenes are fucking horrible to play with a touchpad, in console in order to beat them I had to drive super slow and get super precise movement, but here is hard to do that. And even buying and all star doesn't give you invencibility against those missiles so is horrible.

Overall, I feel like after finishing the world tour I will be done with the game, since at least online seems to be very disolated, in that sense making the game free would had made wonders, even if the pay to play aspect was more heavy on world tour, at least I think that in this kind of games who had IAP you need an strong multiplayer or high scores, if you don't had that, there is nothing more that you can do with the game

And talking about high scores, this game really needs a time attack like consoles had, since that gave tons of longevity to the game not only in order to beat the time attack from sumo personal, but also to compare high scores.

Overall, I think that the game is fine for 5 dollars, but I will never pay more for it

Well, the first all-star racing game is one of the favorite games from my 6 year son. I ended buying this game yesterday and paying the $10 free racing pack to allow him to play as much as he wants any stage.

Bullshit. This game does not have a proper single race mode. There is only championship and events modes. If you go through any of them there is a mix of events, like 50% racing. Other events can be hard for him even on the easy difficult and are necessary to unlock other tracks. So he stopped playing the game.

Also, how do you unlock other characters? They have a number of rings below the character selection, but no way to use the rings to buy them. If you click on the character there is a pop up message saying that it needs to be unlock in the campaign, but no clear information is given on how.

No proper single race mode? Boomer.

No clear indication on how to unlock characters besides paying for them? Shame.

sibarraz

Banned
Well, the first all-star racing game is one of the favorite games from my 6 year son. I ended buying this game yesterday and paying the $10 free racing pack to allow him to play as much as he wants any stage.

Bullshit. This game does not have a proper single race mode. There is only championship and events modes. If you go through any of them there is a mix of events, like 50% racing. Other events can be hard for him even on the easy difficult and are necessary to unlock other tracks. So he stopped playing the game.

Also, how do you unlock other characters? They have a number of rings below the character selection, but no way to use the rings to buy them. If you click on the character there is a pop up message saying that it needs to be unlock in the campaign, but no clear information is given on how.

No proper single race mode? Boomer.

No clear indication on how to unlock characters besides paying for them? Shame.

Yeah the game does a bad job with how to unlock characters and the price that appears there confuses you more

In order to unlock gum, bd joe, amigo and shinobi you need to win each world tour mode ( no matter difficulty). to unlock eggman you need to win all the gran prix championships and for ages you need to win all the world tour events in expert. To unlock ryo you need to beat 4 consecutive weekly challenges.

You are right, this game needs a mode where you could pick whatever track do you want and play it freely.

Now for your son having troubles, I think that he need to play on the easier difficulties and learn how to drift, because that mechanic really could make a big difference (in online i can get 20 seconds of difference only with that) and imo in the first 3 worlds you only need to know that. In the later stages is where you need to apply skill to the maximum in order to win.

Another thing is to win the grand prix cups, for each one that you win your character gets a chance to upgrade his car to make it had better stats.

My hope is that s0l couñd read this thread and fix some things. At least the game from a technical point of view is amazing. Sadly some decisions rubbed people in the wrong way and made them angry. I want to see this game suceed because is a good kart game, is a good arcade racer game and is an amazing ode to SEGA

Yeah the game does a bad job with how to unlock characters and the price that appears there confuses you more

In order to unlock gum, bd joe, amigo and shinobi you need to win each world tour mode ( no matter difficulty). to unlock eggman you need to win all the gran prix championships and for ages you need to win all the world tour events in expert. To unlock ryo you need to beat 4 consecutive weekly challenges.

You are right, this game needs a mode where you could pick whatever track do you want and play it freely.

Now for your son having troubles, I think that he need to play on the easier difficulties and learn how to drift, because that mechanic really could make a big difference (in online i can get 20 seconds of difference only with that) and imo in the first 3 worlds you only need to know that. In the later stages is where you need to apply skill to the maximum in order to win.

Another thing is to win the grand prix cups, for each one that you win your character gets a chance to upgrade his car to make it had better stats.

My hope is that s0l couñd read this thread and fix some things. At least the game from a technical point of view is amazing. Sadly some decisions rubbed people in the wrong way and made them angry. I want to see this game suceed because is a good kart game, is a good arcade racer game and is an amazing ode to SEGA

Yeah, technically the game is amazing but a commercial decision flaw. Kudos to Sumo and buh to Sega.

Drift events are somehow difficult for my son. I think I will play both modes (world tour and gran prix) for him to unlock the events. At the same time unlocking the characters.

But the fact that you cannot choose the track you like any time, a proper single race mode, it really a let down. Let's hope S0L can get some feedback to Sumo/Sega from this thread.

sibarraz

Banned
Really easy, but not to a small child which is used to only use tilt controls (and the drift requires a on-screen button).

I think the worst levels are the air ones with time limits.

Ring races on air are hard since some curves are super closed and overall I think that planes require of precise control. On pc I bought an x360 controller only to play this game well for the air planes

But the worst ones are pursuit trust me

Z3M0G

from my twitter feed.

9vqw6F5.jpg

lol

this is mobile version only? OMG this is awesome... :(

S0L

SUMO DIGITAL
Yeah, technically the game is amazing but a commercial decision flaw. Kudos to Sumo and buh to Sega.

Drift events are somehow difficult for my son. I think I will play both modes (world tour and gran prix) for him to unlock the events. At the same time unlocking the characters.

But the fact that you cannot choose the track you like any time, a proper single race mode, it really a let down. Let's hope S0L can get some feedback to Sumo/Sega from this thread.

As we usually do, we're keeping an eye on feedback. We're updating the screen descriptions you get for tapping on a locked character to give clearer direction for one. Can't promise new game modes mind.

S0L any chance this will get Nvidia Shield support?

We're going to take a look at getting the controls working at least :p

---
S0L
---

As we usually do, we're keeping an eye on feedback. We're updating the screen descriptions you get for tapping on a locked character to give clearer direction for one. Can't promise new game modes mind.

Thanks S0L. I understand the decisions that leads to the microtransactions, but after paying US$ 15 ($5 for the game + $10 free racing) I would expect at least a single player mode where you can choose the track/character (as long it has been unlocked). The fist game was amazing at that, you can only play single racers (no championship, no events) and unlock everything. That was a great mode that is not present at the current version. I understand that it is hard to include a full game mode after release but keep this feedback for future games.

By the way, I already have the game on Vita, will get a console version (360 or WiiU) soon. I am a fan from Sumo, but I have to leave this feedback about the current direction of releases.

Thanks S0L. I understand the decisions that leads to the microtransactions, but after paying US$ 15 ($5 for the game + $10 free racing) I would expect at least a single player mode where you can choose the track/character (as long it has been unlocked). The fist game was amazing at that, you can only play single racers (no championship, no events) and unlock everything. That was a great mode that is not present at the current version. I understand that it is hard to include a full game mode after release but keep this feedback for future games.

By the way, I already have the game on Vita, will get a console version (360 or WiiU) soon. I am a fan from Sumo, but I have to leave this feedback about the current direction of releases.

lol why not let the kid play the vita D:

lol why not let the kid play the vita D:

he loves my wife's iPhone ;-) (I use a WP8)

Seriusly, he plays my 360, One and WiiU, plus sometimes my 3DS. I still need to let him play the Vita, I think the ammount of control inputs will be difficult for him to handle (plus I am a little scared of damages).

sibarraz

Banned
Ok, I finished world tour on expert mode and got all the stars (grand prix too) I had a problem though, I can't purchase Ages for the 40 stars that he has, so my question is, how do you unlock him?

Also S0L some achievements seems to be bugged, I had activated and purchased an all star and still hasnt unlocked

Top Bottom