• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania (8-15-2017, SEGA/Taxman/Headcannon/PagodaWest, PS4/XB1/PC/NX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I mean...I have a PC, so I'm good, but...some games feel like they have to be played on certain systems. I feel like Sonic Mania is one of those games.

I feel like Nintendo is the one place that a classic Sonic game shouldn't be played lol

RagnarokX

Id take a retail release from the dude who made kaizo Mario.

Also that hack by the guy who made the Mario world level editor was pretty sick!

That's what I'm saying. Hire the best level designers who made sick Mario maker stages, let them make a full 8 world 2d Mario with Mario world physics and even prettier graphics.

Shit would be awesome. They've done fucking worse with the Mario IP lol

They had a Sonic level maker back in 2009. We had a contest here on GAF to see who could make the best level. Guess who won ;)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=376890

Soulstar

Oh my goodness. This looks amazing. Everything thing about this sounds amazing. I can't wait to give this game a go. Also that logo as a Sega kid is just... soooo good.

J@hranimo

Banned
K6xuPfK.jpg

Bubble Shield is back!

Which means....the GOAT Lightning Shield is probably back too!
Also bring back the insta-shield

I think it's silly to think that Sonic Mania will not be on the NX, the console has yet to be official unveiled or even have a proper name. Whenever it is, then it's reasonable to question it.

SEGA and Nintendo have a pretty close relationships so odds are it is coming to the NX in due time.

Always a chance it doesn't we will see either after this event if they say no it's not coming or after the NX reveal

That's what I'm saying. Hire the best level designers who made sick Mario maker stages, let them make a full 8 world 2d Mario with Mario world physics and even prettier graphics.

Imagine a game of levels that play themselves and you just watched.

Escalario

Banned
I think it's silly to think that Sonic Mania will not be on the NX, the console has yet to be official unveiled or even have a proper name. Whenever it is, then it's reasonable to question it.

SEGA and Nintendo have a pretty close relationships so odds are it is coming to the NX in due time.

Why are people still saying that? It's obvious they do not. Nintendo doesn't have any kind of "close relationship" with ANY 3rd party. Nintendo fans should accept that, or we're in for another gen of "WHY ISN'T THIS COMING ON [insert current Nintendo platform]" for 99.99% of 3rd party games.

Why are people still saying that? It's obvious they do not. Nintendo doesn't have any kind of "close relationship" with ANY 3rd party. Nintendo fans should accept that, or we're in for another gen of "WHY ISN'T THIS COMING ON [insert current Nintendo platform]" for 99.99% of 3rd party games.

Dude.

Get some sleep or something lol

Not my fault some people are still in the "Nintendo can do no wrong and they are the kings of the world" mentality.

What are you even saying right now

RagnarokX

Id take a retail release from the dude who made kaizo Mario.

Also that hack by the guy who made the Mario world level editor was pretty sick!

Also the NSMB games, NSMBWii and NSMBU are already major improvements over and continuations from SMW. Mario Maker is very very limited compared to NSMBU.

btkadams

The new stuff looks interesting. I'm cautiously optimistic. I have no idea why there are classic levels included though... just make a new thing.

It's nuts that they are just straight up making it look like the Genesis games. But it's great if they decided to focus on gameplay and not worry about graphics. I didn't mind the gameplay in Generations other than the console versions sucked running at 30fps. If this leads to them dressing this engine with a some 3D graphics for the follow up, I'm all for it.

Yep we see that with Atlus.

Anth0ny

Also the NSMB games, NSMBWii and NSMBU are already major improvements over and continuations from SMW. Mario Maker is very very limited compared to NSMBU.

Ok rag we get it you like NSMB

Let the rest of us normal people dream about a 2d spirite base sequel to Mario world

<3

Uh, this looks incredible. I think that's the first time I've said that about a Sonic game since I saw Sonic & Knuckles in game magazines.

Guess Who

Banned
The new stuff looks interesting. I'm cautiously optimistic. I have no idea why there are classic levels included though... just make a new thing.

Green Hill in the trailer has pretty substantially redrawn art, a totally new layout, stuff that was never in the original (such as the Emerald Hill corkscrews and a new boss), etc.

Considering how brutally awful Sonic 4 turned out, I'll put my faith in the guy who knows the mechanics of the earliest games inside and out.

RagnarokX

Dude was the unsung hero of that Sonic Team dev trio.

Isn't he at Nintendo now, though?

As far as I'm concerned Hirokazu Yasuhara is the most worthy of calling himself the father of Sonic. Oshima designed the character and Yuji Naka programmed the physics, but Yasuhara was the main game designer and level designer of the Genesis games. Naka's contribution was obviously very important, but he really wasn't the ideas man and should have never been put in charge of the franchise.

Always a chance it doesn't we will see either after this event if they say no it's not coming or after the NX reveal

it's possible, but then, why would they even bother to get "Mario" to show up at the Birthday event in Japan only for them to bite them on the nose to say no on this.

I know people like to bag on the questionable decisions on SEGA, they've earned some degree of doubt...but in this case, I can't see them saying no to putting this on the NX.

G0523

OMG So fucking hyped for this! This looks so amazing! I can't wait till spring! I have complete faith in Taxman.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Nintendo and Sega are like the old rivals who are in reality best friends but didn't realize it until years later and started sharing everything.

I'd say it's more like one culture dominating another and assimilating them :p

Welp, gg Sega. Fuck yes.

I don't care if Sonic Team doesn't have jack shit at this point, there's a good chance they'll fuck it up anyway, because Sonic Team gonna Sonic Team. I'd love to be wrong, though, but that studio has some bad habits that they keep repeating.

RagnarokX

Ok rag we get it you like NSMB

Let the rest of us normal people dream about a 2d spirite base sequel to Mario world

<3

Well Mario Maker is already a gimped version of NSMBU that swaps in sprites and you like that ;P

There's nothing about NSMBU's engine that wouldn't let them make a game that used sprites, since that's what they did with SMM, but all your asking for is a visual swap. The gameplay is solid.

How 'bout dat Persona 5 on 3DS/WiiU mate? Because making their biggest selling franchise Sony-exclusive (not even multiplatform with PC) is clearly a good relationship :V

Sega and Atlus can have a good relationship with Nintendo without every single one of their games coming to their platforms.

I mean, do you think Sega has a bad relationship with Microsoft and Sony as well? Games from Sega and Atlus skip consoles from those manufacturers You're not making any sense right now.

Nanashrew

Banned
How 'bout dat Persona 5 on 3DS/WiiU mate? Because making their biggest selling franchise Sony-exclusive (not even multiplatform with PC) is clearly a good relationship :V

Tbf, Atlus has made more original games for Nintendo than they have for Sony. The last original game they made for Sony was Catherine, everything else has been on Nintendo systems.

Nintendo gets the most of Atlus's stuff but Persona is exclusive to Sony.

Delio

So your going to ignore almost every other series they have being on Nintendo systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom