• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Mania - Pre-Order Trailer (out August 15th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackelZXA

Hydro City makes alot of sense, especially because one of the new stages, according to concept art, looks like it's got snow in it already. It's interesting that 2, 3, and Knuckles would all get their second zones picked as their best zone. (And they are, best music in each game, too!)

JayCB

Anyone else use the second controller to fly over to the high platform at the start of Hydrocity act 1 every time? I think part of the fun of the level was figuring out how to achieve minimum water time.

Hydro City

s3-hz-summaryimg.png

bunch of Laura Croft motherfuckers in here

Camjo-Z

You guys talking about ハイドロシティゾーン? That's obviously how you pronounce it.

I'd really love if this game took off and Sega used its success as an opportunity to put Taxman's 1, 2, and CD ports on PS4/XB1/Switch.

As well as S3&K obviously.

And then Mania 2 with all-new zones.

Trailer in the OP is one of my favorite trailers in a long time, and I've never been that into 2D Sonic games (or any Sonic games in the last decade). Trailer has an amazing feel good vibe that makes me smile.

SoulUnison

Banned
Just read on Sonic Retro that a Sonic Mania pixel artist (Midio) posted on Twitter screenshots of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles running through Green Hill, Chemical Plant and Flying Battery respectively - then he posted one of Knuckles through Hydrocity then promptly removed the image. Hydrocity confirmed?

*Hyperventilates*

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I grew up a Nintendo kid, the only Sonic game I ever completed is Sonic Pocket on NeoGeo Pocket.

... I'm excited about this game, I think.

Zubz

Banned
Just read on Sonic Retro that a Sonic Mania pixel artist (Midio) posted on Twitter screenshots of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles running through Green Hill, Chemical Plant and Flying Battery respectively - then he posted one of Knuckles through Hydrocity then promptly removed the image. Hydrocity confirmed?

I'll get excited when I see that screenshot myself.

Hypothetical: if Character DLC was released for Mania, would you folks buy it? If so, who would you spring for? Personally, I'd love someone like Metal Sonic or Eggman!

I'll take anyone, but especially an unconventional character like Amy/the Chaotix, an obscure old character we haven't seen in decades like Bark or Nack, or a newer character like Blaze or Omega in classic style.

... So basically anyone.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Here's how to post it:

G75MB4M.jpg

He says fan art, so it may not be anything in Mania to note though.

I still hold the theory that each game will get two zones though and then some new stages on-top of that, we know they said there was going to be more classic zones than new zones by a marigin, we previously knew the game was at least 10 zones long and now have word it's length is comparable to Sonic 3 & Knuckles (which was about 12-14 zones long depending how you looked at it), so there'd be enough there for Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, & CD to all have two zones would equate to 8 returning zones, and then that'd leave room for 4-6 new zones.

J@hranimo

Banned

!!!!

If this is true...dear god YES August is the month!

edit: just saw the pic. C'mon fam.

Falk

that puzzling face
Christ you guys, we already have a Hydrocity pronounciation thread.

I get that people are excited for a 2 week countdown to the first pixel art Sonic game in two decades but at this point we really aren't on the topic of preorders nor the preorder trailer anymore and half this stuff could go in the community OT while others (SDCC news, etc) should really have been its own thread.

Anything new between now and 15th, new thread. If someone wants to suddenly gush again right now about how great the preorder trailer is PM me and I'll reopen this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom