• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic The Hedgehog film will be "dark and edgy" [rumor] aka terrible [confirmed]

Obama chuckled. "You mean the Chaos Emeralds?"

h7EA08E54

lol this pic got me rollin'.

tkscz

It’s recently been confirmed that a movie adaptation of SONIC THE HEDGEHOG is in development at Columbia Pictures, with the studio going for a dark, edgy version skewed towards older audiences! NOT ONLY this, but the studio plans to make it a mix of live-action and animation, allowing the much loved character to really meld with reality.

That worked so well with Mario

I liked the Super Mario Brothers movie, but that doesn't mean it was good.

Christopher

I would totally watch a sonic movie with the same animation and writing style as the Colors, Generations, and Lost World cut-scenes. But it sounds like that isn't happening.

Those were all shit I always skip the cut scenes now it feels very corny Saturday morning cartoons adventure and adventure 2 are better.

Anth0ny

I refuse to believe this is real.

Why the fuck would they skew a Sonic movie to "older" audiences? Literally every other type of Sonic game/comic/whatever the fuck is more kiddier than ever, as it should be. I don't understand why the movie would be any different.

I refuse to believe this is real.

Why the fuck would they skew a Sonic movie to "older" audiences? Literally every other type of Sonic game/comic/whatever the fuck is more kiddier than ever, as it should be. I don't understand why the movie would be any different.

lol looking at you making sense with Sonic

logic and Sonic don't go together

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That the movie will be terrible. Even if it isn't like what this rumor says it'll be like.

At least, that's the joke I think whatever mod who changed the title was trying to make.
The info about a movie existing is a rumour.

That the info is terrible and that a possible idea of any of it being in a film is terrible is confirmed.

Yeah, hopefully Bird doesn't touch this disaster with a ten-foot pole. That man needs to either direct Star Wars Episode 8, or the Incredibles sequel. I will accept no other future project from him.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I used to think Sega was finally starting to understand that dark and edge was the wrong direction for Sonic after Shadow and 2006 and Unleashed.

Apparently not. >>;

I used to think Sega was finally starting to understand that dark and edge was the wrong direction for Sonic after Shadow and 2006 and Unleashed.

Apparently not. >>;

Unleashed dark and edgy? If anything it was the very start of the light hearted humor that really began to take off in Colors. Only thing 'dark' about it was the Werehog which even that was pretty funny.

I don't think this movie will be dark and edgy as we are all thinking about. They probably just want a serious plot with Eggman in it without it being something like Sonic Colors in terms of a plot. I'm okay with it, as long as they don't mix real humans into it.

SykoTech

The info about a movie existing is a rumour.

That the info is terrible and that a possible idea of any of it being in a film is terrible is confirmed.

Okay, yeah.Not too far off what I thought then.

Yeah, I almost freaked out yesterday when I saw [confirmed] in the title, but I'm pretty sure that's a joke

Yeah, me too. For a second there I thought they'd actually be stupid enough to make this part live action.

I don't have much faith that this movie will be good, but c'mon. They can't possibly make a move that stupid. It'll be a typical, all CG film for sure.

Hatten

New+sanic+movee+2013.+we+must+accelerate+at+an+enhanced_751170_4814403.jpg

Wow just found out about this, guess I really don't give a crap about this series anymore

Ok first things first, how can anyone be surprised? honestly, have you not seen any movies lately? 90% is utter crap, and yet it sells. Why? I don't know and neither does hollywood but it does which is why they keep pumping grade-Q shite like the "not another [insert retarded idea] movie".

As for Sega whoever owns the company now couldn't care less about things like quality and integrity, they have been milking the sonic series dry since that shadow game and have only stepped up a bit after colors because the dead horse was starting to rot.

Generations is better than 1 and much better than CD IMO.

Get out

Dark and edgy, huh? Sounds like it's gonna skew closer to a Sanic movie, if you catch my drift.

That pic alone is a better attempt at "dark 'n edgy" than anything the series has ever attempted, so yeah the bar is really low

Here's my take

4574792+_d81eab2bad7ba8ff8331c6a35d09b3e7.jpg

TheOGB

Banned
I'm still don't get why this rumor is a thing

why would Sega go for dark and edgy semi-live-action when they have a new cartoon coming out later this year going totally in the opposite direction

I'm still don't get why this rumor is a thing

why would Sega go for a dark and edgy game when they have a new game coming out later this year going totally in the opposite direction

They did the same thing with Sonic Heroes and Shadow. They don't need a reason, Sega's one of the most unpredictable companies out there.

*sigh*

Spinluck

If Brad Bird directs it then I have hope that it will be good. Otherwise, burn it with white fire.

Brad Bird would never touch this.

Writer or Producer at most if they got insanely luck (or if it were actually a thing), plus it wouldn't be dark and edgy. Or.. live action.

Oh god I thought I dreamed this. I can't believe this is a thing. Well at least the thread is probably 1000x better than the movie will ever be. I would question what the hell sega is thinking, but then I remembered its sega and making poor decisions is basically a defining factor for the company.

I give this movie a fuck this/4

1391372907970.gif

Top Bottom