• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

SarusGray

They're certainly hiring like it's a AAA game:

staffmgsvz.png

I'm not good enough -cries-

Elios83

Is this officially the year of megatons?
We almost had enough of them at E3 and now this just in time for Christmas :D
Btw I have total confidence in Kojima, he should try doing something totally new.
And just use Unreal Engine 4, it's not worth losing time developing an other engine.

Loxley

Part of me wants to think that Kojima (and the KojiPro brain-trust) has some James Cameron Avatar-esque idea for a game that has been gestating in the back of his head for years but has never had the opportunity too make up until this point. For all we know he's already got everything figured out in his head, now it's just a matter of bringing things to fruition. That's pretty exciting to think about.

Mooreberg

What an amazing year for unexpected announcements. I did not figure he would have made a firm decision this quickly, but it looks like the early morning rumors were true. Metal Gear went out on a high note, so it will be great to see what he does next.

Vegito

Banned
lol the xbox one subreddit is salty right now. haha. I suspect that this wont be a one time deal for sony. I expect all future titles will be ps4 exclusive.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Job postings cite experience with UnrealEngine/Unity as a benefit.

Adam M

That logo make me worried that the game will be in the past (1300s or something like that). I hope that the game will be in the present or near future and it will be TPS or RPG.

yuraya

Funny thing is just weeks ago, Adam Kovic of Rooster Teeth's Funhaus and The Know, doubled down on the Kojima to Microsoft rumors. Remember that just prior to E3, The Know claimed that Microsoft had acquired the Silent Hill(s) IP from Konami for billions (only two major outlets reported on The Know's rumor- Shacknews and IGN). Then a few weeks ago, Adam was on Kinda Funny's Gamecast, where he said with near certainty that Kojima was going to Microsoft. When he brought it up, he asked Greg and Tim if they heard about the "big leak" from E3 (does it count as a "big leak" if no one takes it seriously?). He went on to say the E3 "leak" was true, but Konami demanded to own part of Microsoft. He said that Microsoft decided that they'd rather wait for Kojima to leave Konami and make a Silent Hill-esque game. He said Konami was stupid to turn down Microsoft's money. He also claimed the partnership was most likely happening at The Game Awards because Kojima and Keighley are tight.

Uh-huh....

Kojima productions is now an independent studio. Sony doesn't own it. Nobody does. Just because his first game is a collaboration with Sony doesn't mean all his games will be like that. His second game can be with MS or even Nintendo. There is no way of knowing. He can make small indie title projects for all we know.

Don't think I could live in a world without Kojima games haha. Don't think we'll get something quite on the level of MGSV in terms of scope/budget, but I'm still glad to see him right back in it.

Nokterian

Congratulations on kojima released from the evil grasp of konami and konami will be dead by end of next year and forgotten by all gamers alike.

akira28

That logo is so Kojima;
Lots of different bits from various sources thrown together in an overconvoluted, overproduced mess.
Ugly font.

It's hideous, tbh.
Absolutely horrendous.

But very excited to see what he's working on.

Its an undead warrior in a techno-ized armor with a Romanesque metal crest. It has lighting in its eyes, and it symbolizes Kojima's intention to join the Skeleton wars and to make games beyond even death.

Top Bottom