• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

Stider

Good luck to Kojima, hopefully he can now make the games he wants to make. As an aside, if only this happened 11 days earlier, can you imagine the reaction if this was announced on stage at PSX?

Neonep

All Sony needs to do now is to go to Capcom and be like "What's up with Devil May Cry, we would love for that to be a Playstation exclusive again!"

I have so many questions right now, about the staff and the game engine(Fox(?)), unlikely but if the programmers are the same they may do some sorcery.
Great news, 2015 BEST year for Gaming for quite a while.

UE4 is a safe bet. Fox is Konami's, so that's not going to happen, and Kojima isn't going to spend another 5 years building a new engine from scratch.

Announcing console exclusives pre development now.
Sony is redefining early

lol, goes to show how people are conditioned to the stupid and pointless secret keeping in the videogame industry. You'd never see a comment like this for any other industry.

Bsigg12

lol the xbox one subreddit is salty right now. haha. I suspect that this wont be a one time deal for sony. I expect all future titles will be ps4 exclusive.

Honestly I'm expecting this to be something like Titanfall where Sony helps with the first game and then from there, which will in all likelihood be what ever the successors are for the PS4 and Xbox One, he'll take it multiplatform.

Exciting times ahead for anyone who's a fan of him that's for sure.

Wait, so Kojima "officially" left Konami yesterday and signed a deal with Sony the same day?

I cannot wait to see what this partnership brings to the gaming world. Please be crazy robots... please...

Anung

Un Rama
Good luck to Kojima, hopefully he can now make the games he wants to make. As an aside, if only this happened 11 days earlier, can you imagine the reaction if this was announced on stage at PSX?

Maybe the reason Konami kept him under house arrest? This sounds like the kind of petty bullshit they'd be into.

Is there a .gif of the old Kojima Productions logo being erased from the side of the chopper and being transformed into the new logo yet?

malfcn

Logo is cool, but busy as hell at the same time. What is going on?
And huge news. Will follow to see what develops.

Bishop89

get

fucking megaton

Nice catch for sony, it really is the perfect partnership.

tkato

Banned
Wait, so Kojima "officially" left Konami yesterday and signed a deal with Sony the same day?

I cannot wait to see what this partnership brings to the gaming world. Please be crazy robots... please...

The deal was probably made a few months ago, but it seems that he couldn't proceed with it until his contact at Konami dried up

sono

"Homo Ludens or "Man the Player" (alternatively, "Playing Man") is a book written in 1938 by Dutch historian and cultural theorist Johan Huizinga. It discusses the importance of the play element of culture and society. Huizinga suggests that play is primary to and a necessary (though not sufficient) condition of the generation of culture."

source

Holy shit is this real life? I keep thinking it's April 1st or something. He even got to keep the Kojima Productions studio name? How is that possible?

I called a Sony partnership way back when, and I am still in disbelief.

IvanJ

Banned
So can we assume this is coming to PC too. I get more and more confused with these "console exclusive" terms.

I think "console exclusive" means that Sony will not object to a PC version if it happens to be made, but does not automatically confirm a PC version.

Crocodile

Not that I doubted a man of his reputation would have trouble landing on his feet after leaving Konami, its good to see Kojima was able to hit the ground running moving forward so soon. I'm curious what this new IP and if it will actually represent something new or a retread of Metal Gear (but with slightly different names and such).

Console exclusive to PS4 means it will come out on PS4 and PC right?

SarusGray

Honestly I'm expecting this to be something like Titanfall where Sony helps with the first game and then from there, which will in all likelihood be what ever the successors are for the PS4 and Xbox One, he'll take it multiplatform.

Exciting times ahead for anyone who's a fan of him that's for sure.

Maybe its like Shenmue 3?

Top Bottom