• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Would you still need staff while you're in the preproduction phase?
There are two main pressures.

1.) Pre-production for AAA games is still often 30-50+ people in 2015, or sometimes even more. "Production" is the state when you balloon up to like 300-400+ people with contractors.
2.) They want to hire as much of the old Kojima Productions as possible before they all get jobs elsewhere, since they need to eat.

CWU07seWEAA1jWl.png

that giddyness on his face lol

Yeah, could feel his energy the whole time lol

I recall Sony execs saying that they don't consider PC a competitor platform.

It was a while back.

Interesting. Do you have a link? In any case it's not hard to believe, I think people who own multiple platforms are a small minority of the total gaming population.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They need to hire staff now, not six months from now.

I betcha it's been like this for future opportunities. Most Western and Eastern studio houses keep a career section on their website. I bet they have a lot of talent already, but they could always use creative team members who are looking for ways to create. I'd say with the quality they're looking to produce, they need a large staff.

I can't even imagine how he's managing resources without Konami. Konami was like a resource supplier but I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah, it was PSNation. I wasn't sure if they were saying it was supposed to be a part of PSX or if someone told them that this news would be happening.

I didn't get to hear it but I'd guess probably the later since I don't remember it becoming a stronger rumor until earlier today.

harSon

Banned
Wow Microsoft. I thought you would atleast once score a nice production studio.. And yet you don't stop to amaze me with ignorance.

They're not in a position to bargain with a studio like Kojima's. Besides creative freedom, financial security and company independence - I imagine Kojima is looking for a safe bet to establish his studio within the industry. The Playstation 4 is the safest bet to do that at this point.

Jarmel

Banned

1.) Pre-production for AAA games is still often 30-50+ people in 2015, or sometimes even more. "Production" is the state when you balloon up to like 300-400+ people with contractors.
2.) They want to hire as much of the old Kojima Productions as possible before they all get jobs elsewhere, since they need to eat.

If they were hiring old staffers, would they need to do a public listing though? Couldn't they just contact the old members individually or would that be considered a breach by Konami or whatever?

Xyrmellon

As long as he takes to make games and this is in the very early stages, it's entirely possible we'll see this game on the Playstation 5.

HUELEN10

once again...

G3OwpElKPBRu35Ez67n3sGC2oU70Zoic71YYXmKATn28W4secRssGzLTVFSPThRsApOghe5GjbWvNTHY520Y_y6Wd2VVVNjOM7eW-ndn5BZ8zDvlMykanQFM_aRMNPc2kw=w500-h269-nc

Sigh...

Wouldn't they have been in the know by now though?

Vegito

Banned
Interesting. Do you have a link? In any case it's not hard to believe, I think people who own multiple platforms are a small minority of the total gaming population.

really? id say If you own a mobile phone and a console your a multiplatform gamer.

KarmaCow

If they were hiring old staffers, would they need to do a public listing though? Couldn't they just contact the old members individually or would that be considered a breach by Konami or whatever?

I doubt they would get everyone they would need siphoning people off from Konami and they know this too.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Well Konami forces their staff to change e-mails every couple of weeks in an effort to make it hard to contact them for poaching so it's probably much easier this way.

Also frankly not everyone is going to know everyone in a 200+ person studio so some would be harder to reach than others.

Top Bottom