• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Comic-Con Line-up (includes PS4 games)

SaintR

I'm going to agree the PS4 line up is pretty weak..albeit I like those games but from a marketing perspective I would assume they would want to show more.

*disclaimer*
This is just an opinion. It is neither right nor wrong.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This seems like an unusually robust line-up for something like Comic-Con.

PSBlog said:
For the first time ever, gamers can go hands-on with the PS4. On top of that, we’ll be showing off some of this year’s most highly anticipated PS3 and PS Vita titles, as well as participating in a number of panels throughout the weekend. If that’s not enough, we’re also hosting contests at the PlayStation booth every day where we’ll be giving away PS Vitas!

To help you plan your Comic-Con experience accordingly, here’s a list of everything PlayStation at this year’s convention:
PlayStation Booth (#301)

PlayStation 4 Games

#DRIVECLUB
Knack
Octodad: Dadliest Catch

PlayStation Vita Games

Killzone Mercenary
Tearaway
The Walking Dead
Dragon’s Crown
Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate
Spelunky

PlayStation 3 Games

BEYOND: Two Souls
Gran Turismo 6
Puppeteer
Diablo III
Batman: Arkham Origins
Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/12/first-public-hands-on-with-ps4-is-at-san-diego-comic-con/

impact

Banned
The fact that there's more Vita games than PS4 is telling. I really don't know how a company with this many games this year has a launch lineup so bad. Wish they saved one of the PS3 goodies like TLoU or Puppeteer for PS4.

J-Man

its built around a social concept..this drives that home. Its not a bad thing, This ranks far under #DS4turnlightoff in terms of frivolous complaints.

Every other game use hashtags marketing campaigns without putting it in the title. Do you really think people see the title and go "man, now I know I can connect online with people, it has a # in the title!" I think most gamers just assume that for racing games regardless.

Can't wait for #Final Fantasy XV and #Halo box arts. Oh, how about #The Last Guardian. That'll be awesome, right guys? Sure, the title does not make the game, but neither do terrible box arts, and I'll continue to complaint about those too.

beast786

The fact that there's more Vita games than PS4 is telling. I really don't know how a company with this many games this year has a launch lineup so bad. Wish they saved one of the PS3 goodies like TLoU or Puppeteer for PS4.

You are compare mini part of launch line of a system 5 months from launch up to a system that been out for a year and a half.

Yep that is pretty telling

raphanum

Every other game use hashtags marketing campaigns without putting it in the title. Do you really think people see the title and go "man, now I know I can connect online with people, it has a # in the title!" I think most gamers just assume that for racing games regardless.

Can't wait for #Final Fantasy XV and #Halo box arts. Oh, how about #The Last Guardian. That'll be awesome, right guys? Sure, the title does not make the game, but neither do terrible box arts, and I'll continue to complaint about those too.

Come off it, mate.

When's the last time a console launched with something on the scale of Killzone for launch?

That's massive

That's like Microsoft being able to launch with Gears of War

hawk2025

There's nothing "telling" about it at all. Sony has announced the PS4 lineup up to Q1 only, there's plenty more to come, and the Vita has been in the market for over a year. Heck, they don't even have Killzone on this list!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

The PS4/Xbone launch is one of the greatest ever.

I guess if you're not into action type games, or fighting games, or racing games, then the pickings are mighty slim. I am glad I am not that person.

raphanum

I must come off way worse than I thought. Sorry.

You don't come off bad, it's just that it's a title with an included hashtag. Better to just ignore it then to make a mountain out of a molehill.

I guess if you're not into action type games, or fighting games, or racing games, then the pickings are mighty slim. I am glad I am not that person.

This. Launch is going to be like shooting rainbows of joy out of our faces.

raphanum

Is the official title really #DRIVECLUB?

It appears that way. It IS a social-based driving game. So, what does it matter? Will a hashtag prevent you from buying the game if you already wanted to? I suppose if a hashtag is your kryptonite, then that's understandable.

As for inaccurate high speed crashing physics in driving games. About 5% of the entire gaming audience wants to actually experience what would happen to a car when you crash it going 100+ mph. The rest of us want to be able to continue the race without restarting every time we crash. There's a reason you don't get REAL crash physics/results in most driving games.

I leave crashing simulation to games like GTA where it's actually fun to destroy a vehicle.

The panic in this thread over PS4's showing at comic-con is absurd. Absolutely absurd.

Those three games are not representative of the sum total of PS4's entire launch lineup. No, the fact that they are only showing three games is not worrying. Not in the least. No, the fact there are more Vita games than PS4 games is not a reason to panic.

This is the first time the PS4 will be playable to the public. Check out the controller. Enjoy the experience and come back with impressions.

What I'm really curious about is if the games will be playing on the actual console at this point or if there will be a dev kit stashed under a desk.

As for inaccurate high speed crashing physics in driving games. About 5% of the entire gaming audience wants to actually experience what would happen to a car when you crash it going 100+ mph. The rest of us want to be able to continue the race without restarting every time we crash. There's a reason you don't get REAL crash physics/results in most driving games.

farisr

I really don't think it's a good idea to have Driveclub and Knack the way they are (if they're the same demos from E3, which is very likely). Especially the first public hands on, at a place like Comic-Con no less.

There are going to be quick snap judgements, they won't care that Driveclub build is alpha stage at 35% complete and think "pffft... graphics look current gen, ps4's not an upgrade" will judge Knack as "easy forgettable kids game." PS4's gonna get a lot of negative public reactions, especially with these games at the stage in development they are at/what the demos are showcasing and it being the first experience people have with the ps4.

That's my prediction anyway.

(and btw, I'm looking forward to Knack and Driveclub)

I think having a quirky indie title like Octodad as one of the hands-on games you are initially letting the masses try as their first experience with your new console speaks volumes as to Sony's commitment to Indies. Good on them. And congrats to Young Horses for landing some serious exposure for their upcoming game.

OH and for the record I could CARE LESS about Drive Club's physics.

Its an ARCADE RACER. Its supposed to play like that. This isn't a simulation. I wouldn't be interested in it if it was.

No new game announcements? I was kind of hoping they would throw one in there.

If there are any planned they'd probably happen during the Con itself. Still, I'd be surprised if we heard any info about any new games for the PS4 during ComicCon. The majority of that is likely being saved up for both Gamescom next month and TGS (and the planned Sony event before it) in September.

Spy

Driveclub
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack

...and inFamous: Second Son in February is bad? What is this?!

Driveclub
Killzone: Shadow Fall
Knack

...and inFamous: Second Son in February is bad? What is this?!

I'll probably bite for Infamous but none of the first 3 seem that interesting. It's the best launch day lineup in a while though Vita might have been better.

Brera

Banned
Knack and Driveclub look awful.

The next gen launch on both sides is looking pretty shit. Only reason I'm buying is for next gen hype! I'll end up getting Assassins Creed 4 or Watchdogs I think...

ReaperXL7

While I am actually pretty happy with the launch line up so far, my only complaint is that there are no RPGs at all, and it does not seem like there are any even close to launch. Its my most played genre so the lack of anything in it is pretty disappointing.

Other than that I cant wait, and we still have atleast two major events for more to be announced.

When what in the Vita booth look way more interesting than PS4's then you know there is a huge problem here.

Knack was the biggest disappointment of E3 and DriveClub...well just look at this bad crashing physics.
ibuvHIVMom42kJ.gif

there are no words to describe how bad this is.

PS4 desperately need Infamous 2nd Son and a new wave of first party games very soon.

What problem? The fact that this is the first time it's going to be out in public? Oh come on now... It's not that serious.. You think since E3 nothing has changed? What? Infamous isn't even done yet and not ready to be tested, the other games can be. Have you played Knack yet to call it a disappointment?

Sony desperately needs nothing but to showcase what the PS4 can do and the initial feel with customers, that's what's more important

GodofWine

Oh god, another month of hearing people who aren't buying a ps4 E3 build of driveclub...

And Octodad is gonna steal the show...so dumb, so fun...

Top Bottom