• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony demos 4K/HDR enhancements for PS4 Pro at TGS (FFXV, RE7, UC4, Horizon, Infamous)

Izuna

Banned
He clearly saw the difference doe. This HDR craze is funny, because you can't show it to the masses and yet some people think they can see a difference :lol So damn hard to market this stuff.

HDR is amazing, but damn am I sick of it being portrayed in comparison images, lol

III-V

He clearly saw the difference doe. This HDR craze is funny, because you can't show it to the masses and yet some people think they can see a difference :lol So damn hard to market this stuff.

Of course you can see a difference, but the image you see on your SDR TV is not the image as it should be. In fact, the HDR image should look worse on SDR screen.

Theonik

Of course you can see a difference, but the image you see on your SDR TV is not the image as it should be. In fact, the HDR image should look worse on SDR screen.
The problem is the image will potentially be fundamentally different. The process of tonemapping content to an SDR system is not a simple conversion and actually has a lot of artistic choice involved. The colour choices for the HDR version are going to be different so even if you can't see HDR properly and the captured image will be worse you can have a preference for that kind of 'wrongness' as such.

Check rtings for review, they provide enough info for game related stuffs.

Should have got the 6300 at least.

Guess FF15 will be the first (and probably) only HDR game I play on my PS4. I honestly don't see much of a difference in FH3, but that's probably because HDR support was added to my TV via firmware update. I probably need to play around with the picture settings a little bit more.

Top Bottom