• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2015 Press Conference Dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait to see TLG PS4 graphics!
tumblr_lfutj0cLJU1qclxapo1_500.gif

Hahahaha. This was a great comment, sorry it got ignored.

wapplew

I hope MS give us an awesome conference so that Sony have to go all out to respond.
No more push content for another trade show!

BadWolf

I hope MS give us an awesome conference so that Sony have to go all out to respond.

Sony's conference is the same day as Microsoft's, there is no time to make changes. These things get decided months in advance.

sn00zer

I thought MS had a better E3 presentation last year than Sony. Then Sony beat them at Gamescom and they also got PSX. MS has been real quiet for a long time, they could have something really big planned.

Abdiel

I don't really understand this mindset. I mean, I get wanting things to be shown, but Sony spreads things out every year over the various conferences/shows they do. That's how they've always been, as part of their more global focus.

dddooozzz9

Neo Member
I thought MS had a better E3 presentation last year than Sony. Then Sony beat them at Gamescom and they also got PSX. MS has been real quiet for a long time, they could have something really big planned.

You forget.....Sony really killed MS at TGS last year. MS showed nothing at TGS.

Jigolo

I don't really understand this mindset. I mean, I get wanting things to be shown, but Sony spreads things out every year over the various conferences/shows they do. That's how they've always been, as part of their more global focus.
Its funny because don't Sony go later that day. What the hell is gonna change within 5 hours? The conference is pretty much set in stone by then.

Its funny because don't Sony go later that day. What the hell is gonna change within 5 hours? The conference is pretty much set in stone by then.

I think this goes back to E3 2013 where some are convinced that Sony changed many things about the PS4 after Microsoft's conference.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I can't wait for the Kev comments when TLG is re-shown of "Well, they had to show it eventually".

If it's shown, of course. I can eat crow.

This is what worries me:

In previous years (3-4 years i think) Sony has always announced stuff before E3, new games etc. They did that so those games have a chance to not be overlooked during E3. This year however there's absolutely nothing so far.. It doesnt mean they dont have stuff for E3 of course, but probably less then previous years

This is what worries me:

In previous years (3-4 years i think) Sony has always announced stuff before E3, new games etc. They did that so those games have a chance to not be overlooked during E3. This year however there's absolutely nothing so far.. It doesnt mean they dont have stuff for E3 of course, but probably less then previous years

They can't really have less than last year. What did we get from Sony first party in 2014, LBP3 and ???

LowParry

This is what worries me:

Meanwhile, sales on hardware continue to rise with Sony being on top. What's the problem again?

This is what worries me:

I don't think it means anything. What did they announce last year? I can't think of anything. 2013 was Gran Turismo, but that's only because it's Gran Turismo, and a few smaller first party games (Counterspy, Hohokum, Doki-Doki).

Back when they used to make big pre-E3 announcements (like Resistance 2 and Infamous in Game Informer), E3 was in their downscaling phase, Gamescom was a small conference and PSX didn't exist. They now have four big conferences every year, they need announcements to make them all noteworthy.

DJIzana

I think this year will be good - something for everyone for the most part. I'm excited for the renewed Japanese presence.

Something for everyone, eh?

Hope that includes me. Persona 5 or Star Ocean 5 should do it but we already know about those games. I'm just... hoping there's a new game that will appeal to me that I don't know about just yet. If not at E3 then hopefully TGS or Sony's Paris event thing.

FluxWaveZ

there has been a constant discussion in the persona community thread. I'm pretty sure sony would put up P5, but it would mostly rely on Atlus Japan providing something new. With the P5 blu-ray coming like the next week, no idea if they would want to provide something just for E3.

It depends on what's on that Blu-ray disc, too.

1. It could be an anime OVA, which wouldn't be appropriate for a conference, so they would show something else at the latter.
  2. It could be 10+ minutes of game footage, in which case they could take just a fraction of that to show at the conference, which also wouldn't spoil the entirety of the "special movie" content.
  3. They could show something totally different than what's on the Blu-ray, if June 25th is the date when Persona 5 media starts coming out anyways.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
DriveClub, Infamous Second Son and Infamous First Light.

A glance of Driveclub, infamous second son was not at 2014, it released prior to that, but first light was there.

They have an absolutely gigantic supply of games ready to be shown or in the works, it's a matter of how they want to handle all of that though, it's overflowing with content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom