• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Go_Ly_Dow

Last year's show set unrealistic expectations, so all the insane people who want a new Crash game (like me) are just setting themselves up for disappointment. Hope I'm wrong though.

I'll let you know the secret to last year.....we believed.

Can all you Crash fans rally together right now and collectively believe that it will happen? Even if it doesn't show and you all crash and burn, you must stand once more and never give up.

Cromwell

Banned
Yeah of course it was hyperbolic :D
Once in a decade sounds better? :p
I meant that it's not something that you can top easily otherwise it wouldn't be special.

Not easily, but it's possible. Crash, Half-Life 3, I'm sure people have thought up some other long-desired fan dreams. RDR2 is a big one even though everyone is expecting it.

Elios83

What's to say that both can't happen? They're not the same game.

They could both happen but it doesn't make a lot of sense to invest in two games with a similar target audience if you could choose between making a reboot of an iconic series or the sequel to a poorly received game.

Not easily, but it's possible. Crash, Half-Life 3, I'm sure people have thought up some other long-desired fan dreams. RDR2 is a big one even though everyone is expecting it.

Chances of Half Life 3 debuting at a Sony conference are even less than the chances of HL3 happening at all.
Crash hasn't the same weight of FFVIIR.
RDR2 will be multiplatform regardless of the conference where it's announced.
Atm I don't think there are surprises big enough to even have a chance to top last year.
But personally if Capcom brings back Onimusha for me it would be a megaton :p

Rozart

DemonNite once posted awesome gifs. He is not the same anymore, we lost him. RIP.

I even switched over to Firefox just for his beautiful gifs.

/moment of silence for the esteemed gaf gif makers

I wish that RDR news wasn't leaked. It would have been such a nice surprise.

cross-post from this NMS thread

DemonNite, any light you can shed as to why two majorly hyped games coming to PS4, NMS and Horizon, are sharing what appears to be an inconceivably similar moment? It's not just the dino that's a dead ringer. The entire framing is... well..

A screen shot released by Hello Games (don't believe it's from one of their trailers):

2zyuRfc.jpg

A screen cap from the E3 2015 reveal trailer for Horizon:

SNURB

They could both happen but it doesn't make a lot of sense to invest in two games with a similar target audience if you could choose between making a reboot of an iconic series or the sequel to a poorly received game.
Fair assessment but Crash and Knack are totally different niches in the platformer genre. It's more than fine to have both even though I could care less about Knack. You could have BOTH of those, a Sly and a Jak and still have 4 different well selling (potentially) games.

Hell, that's what they did during the PS2 era with Ratchet, Jak and Sly and they did pretty well on their own.

Pfff arguing about which is bigger Final Fantasy VII:R or Half Life 3. There is something bigger then both of than combined and it is coming this E3:
crash_bandicoot_render_by_nibroc_rock-d8znio5.png

11 Million and 15 Million oh please, Crash Bandicoot Franchise has sold more than 50 million + copies.
crash-bandicoot-dance-o.gif

He is coming back and he is going to crash the internet.

Note : It is purely speculation I don't have any Inside info.

Rozart

Woah... what did i miss?! lol
Or are ya talking about the RDR Remastered (?) pic or, the so called RDR2 Map etc.

Yes that. Which got everyone to start speculating about a RDR3. Makes for less impactful reveal if (or when :p) they do reveal it this E3.

Shinobi seems to be hinting that Rockstar/Take Two have got big things in store for us this E3 so I'm assuming that it might be that.

Why not? There are tons of games targeted at the 18-34 audience, why can a company only make one for family audiences? Unless by target audience you meant GENRE, and even then, Crash and Knack are totally different variants of 'platformers'.

Linconan

why not both (gif), as far as we know and as you said, the landscape of RDR2 will be a part of RDR3 anyhow.
*wipes sweat*... phew
I though it was something leaked for the E3. Not the earlier stuff. ha.

And that "map"...*shakes head.gif*... i don't believe it.
The Pic, well, maybe.

Yeah, but not that procedurally. I imagine it is some kind of automated character maker, so basically there have to be some basic assets which can be manipulated or combined.

And then framed up to purposefully resemble a fleeting shot from a year old trailer of a different game-- like a nod from HG to Guerrilla. That's the only way this makes sense to me.

Pop culture+gaming, any guesses?

Watch_Dogs 2 screams "look at me, I'm culturally relevant!", so maybe that?

Footos22

Knack 2 would be bigger than all these games combined!

What if Knack 2 is actually just a codename for crash bandicoot.

knack appears on screen everyone goes silent, 1 audible cheer comes from you.
Then crash spins straight through him shattering him to pieces. whole room cheers. Raylan cries.

it would be glorious.

Dinjooh

Pfff arguing about which is bigger Final Fantasy VII:R or Half Life 3. There is something bigger then both of than combined and it is coming this E3:
crash_bandicoot_render_by_nibroc_rock-d8znio5.png

11 Million and 15 Million oh please, Crash Bandicoot Franchise has sold more than 50 million + copies.
crash-bandicoot-dance-o.gif

He is coming back and he is going to crash the internet.

Note : It is purely speculation I don't have any Inside info.

I may be just an old fart here but.. There's something lost in the new versions of Crash.. He looks more psychotic than say.. just plain over the top weird from the bottom picture.

Feels like Tidus HD.

I may be just an old fart here but.. There's something lost in the new versions of Crash.. He looks more psychotic than say.. just plain over the top weird from the bottom picture.

Feels like Tidus HD.

To be honest I have no idea how will they re-imagine Crash, Which kind of game will they make? I don't envy whoever is making the game(if there is a someone).

Honestly I just feel it makes too much sense for Crash to be the PS4s Tropical Freeze AND Mario Maker, by having a great, crafted platform campaign and a decent level builder and sharing features.

Really really want a level builder so that this can be the definitive and final Crash game and for it to live on forever through community contributions without needing constant sequels and reboots.

Rozart

Honestly I just feel it makes too much sense for Crash to be the PS4s Tropical Freeze AND Mario maker, by having a great, crafted a platform campaign and a decent level builder and sharing features.

Really really want a level designer so that this can be the definitive and final Crash game and for it to live on forever through community contributions without needing constant sequels and reboots.

Yes! That sounds excellent!

Now, I'm going to be disappointed if they announce Crash and it doesn't come with a level creator haha.

NHale

I believe this will be a press conference where they will focus a lot of time on marketing the PS4MasterConsole and try to sell to current owners of PS4Basic they are not getting screwed. I think 1/3rd of the time will be spent on this (while showing some demos that show the differences but how everything is still the same base...or at least try).

They will reveal the release date for PS4Master and price (my "bold" guess: 400$/€, max 450) and announce an immediate price drop for PS4Basic.

The rest will be the typical press conference:

• Scott Layden boring everyone in the entire galaxy talking about the Playstation Nation and the incredible support while wearing a T-Shirt with a racoon.
  • Shu being awesome as ever announcing God of War IV: Kill Harder, Detroit: The Reckoning and Sucker Punch Spider Man game.
  • Boyes will show a bunch of indie games coming and will have CliffyB on stage to say that LawBreakers will be a timed console exclusive for PS4.
  • Then the traditional 3rd party support segment (COD: IW, Watch_Dogs 2, Destiny new expansion, NBA 2K17 (with PSVR MyCareer mode))
  • It doesn't make sense considering the story of the franchise, but I have a feeling that TitanFall 2 will have a marketing deal with Sony and will be shown by Vince Zampella at the Sony Press Conference.
  • In the end they will close with a surprise The Last of Us 2 Teaser showing 1 returning character... but without a release date.

Turkoop

Banned
THIS is Rockstar's year! It have to be. Next Red Dead would be the biggest moment for me, I'm waiting for this since ages.
And when Agent is gonna happen. I don't think my heart will do well...

Auctopus

Haven't you been saying that the past couple of threads?

Possibly, it is irritating? I don't get your point.

My opinion on it was that they should just remake the first 3 games and not roll the dice on making a new one. It's more annoying as there is literally nothing to talk about on the subject. All comments about Crash are just like "He's coming back!!" and stuff about Sony teasing, they add literally nothing to the conversation. It's almost the same effect as hype trains in threads.

Agent is a game that will never see the light of day.

It's also just a logo.

Mathieran

Banned
I have to ask, sincerely, why is everyone so hyped for Agent? I was not really paying much attention to video games for a few years when this game was announced. Is it just cause it's Rockstar? Or was there an awesome trailer they showed to go with it?

Auctopus

I have to ask, sincerely, why is everyone so hyped for Agent? I was not really paying much attention to video games for a few years when this game was announced. Is it just cause it's Rockstar? Or was there an awesome trailer they showed to go with it?

134537-agent-main.jpg

There you go. Do you get it now?

Yeah, it's cause it's a R* game.

Or was.

Simo

• It's a Rockstar game, specifically from Rockstar North apparently. The main studio for the GTA titles.
  • It was a new IP from Rockstar Games
  • It was Playstation exclusive.

Honestly I just feel it makes too much sense for Crash to be the PS4s Tropical Freeze AND Mario Maker, by having a great, crafted platform campaign and a decent level builder and sharing features.

Really really want a level builder so that this can be the definitive and final Crash game and for it to live on forever through community contributions without needing constant sequels and reboots.

Oh, God, PLEASE. THIS please. I didn't even think about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom