• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could still be de facto Until Dawn 2 without it being called that, just multiplatform.

I have no idea if they could fund it themselves doe. Maybe they have another publisher.

UD2 is still likely going to be a thing.

It's a guaranteed sucess for them to fall back on. Which is pretty important to the success of an independent studio.

See: Insomniac. They made an R&C game after Sunset because SO bombed.

I wonder who they will get to publish their games. Most big publishers won't greenlight games like Until Dawn or give so much leeway in development time. Don't go chasing waterfalls...

Also this reeks of "thanks for sticking by us when we were nothing, but now that we had one moderately successful game we're out!"

Oh well still have Quantic Dream. Hopefully they re-up with Sony after Detroit.

Guymelef

It's a guaranteed sucess for them to fall back on. Which is pretty important to the success of an independent studio.

See: Insomniac. They made an R&C gamd after Sunset because SO bombed.

Ratchet was announced before SO release.

EGOMON

eeZbnsx.gif

Rozart

Yes, that's how I see things panning out too.

Ratchet was announced before SO release.

Right you are.

Correction: SO bombed so the chances of an SO sequel are slim. The success of R&C however gives them more flexibility in future projects then if they had just come off the SO sales flop with no R&C to fall back on.

viHuGi

Banned

And R&C sold like hotcakes!

Right you are.

Correction: SO bombed so the chances of an SO sequel are slim. The success of R&C however gives them more flexibility in future projects then if they had just come off the SO sales flop with no R&C to fall back on.

Plus Spider-Man is the rumors are true. All of Insomniac's future PS exclusives will probably involve existing IPs.

Mathieran

Banned
  • It's a Rockstar game, specifically from Rockstar North apparently. The main studio for the GTA titles.
  • It was a new IP from Rockstar Games
  • It was Playstation exclusive.

Heh, okay, thanks guys. I was just wondering if I was missing something.

I wonder who they will get to publish their games. Most big publishers won't greenlight games like Until Dawn or give so much leeway in development time. Don't go chasing waterfalls...

Also this reeks of "thanks for sticking by us when we were nothing, but now that we had one moderately successful game we're out!"

Until Dawn was well received and surpassed sales expectations, so if they made something in that vein again (maybe like a Demon's Souls to Dark Souls situation) I imagine they could find a publisher.

I agree a bit with the second sentiment though. They made a great game with Until Dawn, but I doubt any other publisher would have funded the development of a game like that for what was probably 5+ years.

Volotaire

I have to ask, sincerely, why is everyone so hyped for Agent? I was not really paying much attention to video games for a few years when this game was announced. Is it just cause it's Rockstar? Or was there an awesome trailer they showed to go with it?

It's because it's the closest I might ever get to the themes of a No One Lives Forever 3 in the near future, since it's a spy game that could be anything.

So hyped for this conference.

What I'm hoping for:
- Starts with Crash Bandicoot, releases 2017, ND is supervising, Crash PS1 games will now be available for PS4 with trophy support
- Uncharted 4 DLC Trailer shown
- PSVR+PS4K talk with Mark Cerny
- Shu comes on stage, reveals God of War IV
- Dead Don't Ride Reveal Trailer
- Third Party Stuff (WD2, Destiny)
- Detroit Gameplay Trailer
- FF XV Trailer
- Horizon Gameplay
- Sony Japan games shown (Nier, GR2, Knack 2)
- FFVII:R Tifa Trailer
- Indies on stage
- CoD Gameplay
- The Last Guardian Trailer to end the show, will be released in August

J-Skee

What I'm hoping for:
- Starts with Crash Bandicoot, releases 2017, ND is supervising, Crash PS1 games will now be available for PS4 with trophy support
- FF XV Trailer
- Horizon Gameplay
- Indies on stage
- CoD Gameplay

Nier Automata is Platinum & Square Enix.

FelipeMGM

What I'm hoping for:
- FF XV Trailer
- Horizon Gameplay
- Indies on stage
- CoD Gameplay

Nier Automata has nothing to do with Japan Studio, its Square published and Platinum developed

wachie

What I'm hoping for:
- FF XV Trailer
- Horizon Gameplay
- Indies on stage
- CoD Gameplay
If this is it, then it's quite a bit disappointing for Dreams 2.0.

I agree with many of your other thoughts, but this one struck me because I was thinking about it earlier today.

MAN, I hope we get Cerny back on stage - he's a fantastic speaker and totally sold me on the PS4 vision back before it came out. I'm surprised we haven't seen him for any other hardware stuff (whether he be overseeing it or not).

Hopefully if UD2 does come along it will be using the latest Guerrilla engine that's being used in Horizon, given that it's working well in open world it shouldn't have the bad frame rates that we saw in the first Until Dawn :(

Not even if it was built similarly to LBP? Different aesthetic, simpler tools?

Uuugh, I just imagined a Crash game, which typically relies on precision platforming such as landing on single floating crates, with the floaty nasty jump from LBP. No thanks. Crash with creation tools though, sign me up.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Uuugh, I just imagined a Crash game, which typically relies on precision platforming such as landing on single floating crates, with the floaty nasty jump from LBP. No thanks. Crash with creation tools though, sign me up.

Yeah, that's what I meant. A crash game with deep but accessible creation tools.

Go_Ly_Dow

When you say 'Dreams 2.0', what do you mean?

Last year's E3 is considered by many to be the E3 of dreams since many unfeasible projects were announced. Lots of megatons basically.

People are hoping for another E3 with nuclear announcements, an abundance of amazing games and surprises.

Whats the latest news on the Ps4 Spider-Man game?

That Sonys conference is going to be awesome again.

Last year's E3 is considered by many to be the E3 of dreams since many unfeasible projects were announced. Lots of megatons basically.

People are hoping for another E3 with nuclear announcements, an abundance of amazing games and surprises.

I thought it might have been this, but wasn't sure if it may have been something to do with the MM game.

So what your saying is we need an Archer game?

I fully agree ;)

It should basically be Comedy Uncharted with more gadgets. But maybe stupider and more over the top.
if that's possible

Get some outside studio to make. I don't any first-party studios making Crash.

If you don't want a first party studio doing it, perhaps suggest who you think Sony has a relationship with that they'd choose that would do it better than Sony's internal studios would, then.

Anything but the 3DS. And homeconsole NX is fine by me.

3DS is so damn uncomfortable for me when I play MH that it hurts my hands. I sold MH4 and my 3DS because I could only play for 20-30 minutes at a time before my hands cramped and so on.

Which sucks. Because MH4 is amazing.
Yeah, I know I want to play it, but I’m just not into handhelds.

Blobbers

I hope we don't have a Dreams 2.0 because next year people will be expecting a Dreams 3.0 and everyone knows you can't have 3 Dreams back to back. Dreams - non-Dreams, Dreams, that's the formula I think.

Unless you really do have material for all those Dreams.

It should basically be Comedy Uncharted with more gadgets. But maybe stupider and more over the top.
if that's possible
If done right it could be amazing, sort of like the deadpool equivalent for games - adult humour and plays on typical tropes found in the genre.

just finished the deadpool game myself, not the best gameplay but a tonne of meta fun

Boke1879

Interesting to see what gets announced today. Like posted earlier a Tomb Raider PS4 announcement is likely in the cards today or tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom