• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13 at 6 PM PT/ 9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Skee

Heck less than 2 months into the year, we should be rejoicing 😂

Someone is going to spin this year as "Delaygate" or some bullshit like that. First everyone is mad about Horizon, not it's Persona. I don't know how you weren't already expecting at least both of those games to show up in November, & the fact that they're coming out in February shouldn't hurt at all.

Auctopus

I really wonder who Shinobi is/how he know all this stuff.

AFAIK, he knew someone from Bioware (i.e. emails) and then he left NeoGAF for a bit but when he came back, he suddenly (supposedly) had the inside scoop on lots of different games.

I know from OT that he's a really hardworking guy, he was doing his degree a couple years ago but he's wasn't working in the games industry, something might've changed though.

Elandyll

Banned
The Last Guardian
Gravity Rush 2
Minna no Golf
Tomorrow Children
Kingdom Hearts 2.8
?
Aye straight out forgot TLG (and KH 2.8), but even if TTC is to me a big one I don't think it's getting a retail release (is Minna no Golf?).

God I hope GR2 is going to be confirmed for 2016 in the US (and EU), but I do not dare place it there...

DieH@rd

Banned
Hold on to your butts.

Will I be pushed to create a worthy successor to this GIF:
hype2qplvg.gif

:)

FelipeMGM

You have to have a severely limited taste in games to say this year hasn't delivered so far.

Yeah, 2016 has been amazing so far, its the year we finally got The WItness and Uncharted 4, which by the way totally delivered plus Overwatch, Dark Souls III, The Division, FarCry Primal, Stardew Valley, Firewatch, XCOM 2, Ratchet & Clank plus a bunch stuff I prob forgot

A_Dang

I've not kept up with this thread, so this may have already been discussed but...

What is Sony going to show during the press conference?

From just the announcements I've been paying attention to we already have:
The Last Guardian update
Horizon Zero Dawn update
Persona 5 update
FFXII remaster reveal
PSN price drop for some 1st party games
World of Final Fantasy update
GTSport news from the past few weeks

and bunch of other things...

All of this news is awesome to have out of the way before the presser (the delays and covering previously announced games are not items you want weighing down your event), but it makes me wonder what Sony will be rolling out during the show. I'm pretty sure we will see Bends game, we will get some indie stuff and VR.

Is it the Neo? Will the next ND game be teased? What am I missing that Sony can blow out information on? That single question is what is stoking the flames of my hype. Please bring me back to earth or something!

I guess I'm just realizing that E3 hype is finally getting a hold of me, but if the FFXII remaster isn't press conference worthy news...at is?

So whatever hope I had of Persona 5 being on Sonys stage is gone.

Still hoping they put a trailer up there but I doubt it. Ah well, I got my release date. I'm happy.

SDCowboy

Am I the only one looking forward to, at least somewhat, to the possibility of what Knack 2 could be? I mean, if they learned from the criticism and feedback, I think there could be a decent chance at it maybe being a true adventure platformer. Or at least just a real platformer.

Am I the only one looking forward to, at least somewhat, to the possibility of what Knack 2 could be? I mean, if they learned from the criticism and feedback, I think there could be a decent chance at it maybe being a true adventure platformer. Or at least just a real platformer.

No, I'm definitely curious. I think Knack was a decent launch game. Showed off some of the power of the console and could appeal to a wide range of ages (although certainly skewed younger). Knack 2 would have to be a serious upgrade, at this point, for me to be interested, but I'm hopeful they can deliver a great game.

SDCowboy

No, I'm definitely curious. I think Knack was a decent launch game. Showed off some of the power of the console and could appeal to a wide range of ages (although certainly skewed younger). Knack 2 would have to be a serious upgrade, at this point, for me to be interested, but I'm hopeful they can deliver a great game.

And since all "Knack" was, was the power ball core. His actual character form can be anything. He doesn't have to look lame like he did in knack 1. The possibilities.

RootCause

Dead Don't Ride sounds like a Sony's Dead Rising. Which would be awesome, since I like that series.

Bigger than any one game announcement, for me, would be if Sony adds a way to play your digital ps1, ps2, psp, and ps vita tittles on ps4. Why is this only a dream? :(

Looks like Secret Sorcery will announce their PSVR game in 30min
https://twitter.com/SecretSorcery/status/740188614060036096

This is the studio created by former Evolution Studios devs. This is something to pay close attention to. Some Driveclub, Wipeout and Motorstorm devs working on a VR title. I am very curious here.

Oh yeah, Kenny Young, the head of audio at Media Molecule on Little Big Planet and Tearaway, is working on the sound and music.

Other than Bloodborne, 2016 is already better than 2015.

From the top of my head, 2016 PS4:

January - Gravity Rush Remastered, Hardware Rivals
February - SFV
March - MLB 16, Heavy Rain Remastered
April - Ratchet & Clank, Alienation
May - UC4, Shadow Of The Beast

Sony's first half a 2016 was incredible compared to 2015.

As much as I would love, absolutely love for a new Crash to be unveiled at this E3, I do have a nagging gut feeling kicking in that nothing will happen at E3 for the poor Bandicoot, despite all the noise over the last few months.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I think last year's year of dreams may have set the bar unrealistically high for dream chasers. That said, everything I've read so far sounds really exciting anyway :)

TheHater

From the top of my head, 2016 PS4:

January - Gravity Rush Remastered, Hardware Rivals
February - SFV
March - MLB 16, Heavy Rain Remastered
April - Ratchet & Clank, Alienation
May - UC4, Shadow Of The Beast

Sony's first half a 2016 was incredible compared to 2015.
Pre-season do not count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom