• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 press conference; June 10th 6PM PT/9PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zep

Banned
Would Love Syphon Filter to return but Im not confident Sony will make an interesting game out of it, preferably a stealth game. They already have a TPS with Uncharted and if they want SF to be a major player again they need to give it another identity then simply being another shooter.

You know whats funny, the shooting mechanics in Syphon Filter are better and more fun than anything Naughty Dog has done with Uncharted in that area.

come at me

And that identity will be an actual stealth game. Splinter cell is action now, mgs is in the middle,they can fill that void if done correctly. Sony isn't scared to take risks,we have seen that before.

Sony Bend could make a killer Syphon Filter game. The PSP games were fantastic! But I dunno, I think the IP is dead

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Wasn't Sumo Digital rumored to be working on a PS3 exclusive for 2013 (possibly LBP3)? Is that still viable?

If so, I can't see them announcing it any later than E3.

tumblr_lupvl2mQqN1qcm0wfo1_500.gif

tumblr_m45nubeApe1qagmleo1_400.gif

tumblr_lnfqremiap1qcq2vho1_r1_500.gif

Imagine that happening on the PS4. That's all the pitch you need to get a new Syphon Filter game greenlit.

Hahah oh man.

The Syphon Filter games are on PSN, right? I may have to revisit them. Hope I'm not burned by nostalgia.

Yea maybe wishful thinking,bend never made a console game right?
Bend have been a handheld studio for a while and I think that's how they prefer it.

Endo Punk

And that identity will be an actual stealth game. Splinter cell is action now, mgs is in the middle,they can fill that void if done correctly. Sony isn't scared to take risks,we have seen that before.

Sony took KZ identity away with KZ3 and same with Socom 4 just to cash in on the mass shooter audience. They could take the risk but I also wouldn't be surprised if they threw SF under the bus either.

Todays standards are generic as it is,each game is the same with regen health,unlocks and xp. I am not saying it needs to be the exact same,of course not but they can bring it back and stick with what made syphon filter unique.

Agreed so very much with this. Even Nintendo got cinematically greedy with Skyward Sword and that scares the hell out of me. I think there's a place for everything including cinematic titles but Jesus Christ.

edit: I think I quoted the wrong post but I'm on my phone =/

I usually avoid this topic because the counter argument is always something about being old.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
They nuked the European studio. Is SCEE even working on a PS4 game at this point? The only Sony Europe game I can think of is Killzone Mercs for Vita

The Getaway was made by Sony Team Soho, which is now dead.

edit: forgot about DriveClub

Just remember, both Guerrillas, Evolution Studios and Media Molecule are included in SCEE, so yeah, they have at least 4 games in the making for PS4.

Well I don't know about you guys, but I for one cannot wait to see Syphon Filter 4, Ape Escape 4, MediEvil 3, PaRappa The Rapper 3, Jumping Flash! 3 and Rollcage 3 unveiled at E3 this year. It's about time I say!

Dang, there were seven Syphon Filter games? Looks like it had a good go of it even if it doesn't return.

I would like to see Bend working on another Uncharted Vita, especially if it has multiplayer this time. Just give me a TPS on Vita with multiplayer.

electro

Banned
They nuked the European studio. Is SCEE even working on a PS4 game at this point? The only Sony Europe game I can think of is Killzone Mercs for Vita

The Getaway was made by Sony Team Soho, which is now dead.

edit: forgot about DriveClub

Wasn't there advertisements last year on the official playstation jobs website seeking graphic artists for a visually ambitious, AAA title at Sony London - I doubt that studio is working on Eyepet for PS4.

Can we stop focusing on my avatar. Yes I have Only on Xbox tag because I was excited to see what MS will show but Im not a fanboy dammit, I wuv my PS! Im just saying that Sony is notorious for hyping up and then completely losing it. E3 05 and E3 06 anybody? I would love for PS4 to be a gaming paradise like it sounds now but it just seems too good to be true. There will be disappointments and I just think a feature we expect will be sacrificed.

Honest question, but do you think what you've seen from sony so far regarding the ps4 is even remotely similar to sony in those days with the ps3?
Because to me, sony has completely redeemed themselves from whatever the fuck they were doing back when they launched the ps3.
They invested heavily in their 1st party studios and we have some great 2nd party deals lined up. Regarding 3rd parties, it's still unknown (in terms of exclusives) but they already have the support of activision-blizzard, ea, square-enix, ubisoft and others. You even have them doing an incredible push for indies, which is a personal favorite for me. They're going for a powerful games machine, easy to develop for.

I agree with you that yeah, they won't be perfect, nobody ever is. But seeing mark cerny on stage for the ps4 unveil really showed the difference in approach between old and new sony. I really want to see mark cerny on stage for e3, he's such a refreshing image for sony.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Zeal made a ban bet too and now he's banned...just sayin. Though there hasn't been enough time to prove everying he's said, he said there'd a blowout on Versus before E3 and that's looking pretty unlikely. Also some Versus documents were supposed to leak out, but yeah that never happened.

Wasn't that other "insider" regarding MS/Xbox just banned too? Reiko?

Zeal was full of shit from the start. He heard a few things and twisted them to his own liking.

electro

Banned
Oh yeah, almost forgot about Heavenly Sword 2.

Wasn't Nariko featured in a sizzle reel for PS4 in February - the recent announcement of a movie as well confirms renewed interest in the franchise.

Factor in an appearance by the head of Ninja Theory in the PS4 developer video and we could potentially be looking at a sequel to Heavenly Sword very soon.

Wasn't Nariko featured in a sizzle reel for PS4 in February - the recent announcement of a movie as well confirms renewed interest in the franchise.

Factor in an appearance by the head of Ninja Theory in the PS4 developer video and we could potentially be looking at a sequel to Heavenly Sword very soon.

Andy Serkis was rocking a Ninja Theory shirt at the Hobbit set.

Believe!

Wait what? I was talking about Primal!

Lol. But in all seriousness, I will throw the mother of all tantrums if we don't see Gravity Rush 2 at some point in the coming months. If it's in the making and it's omitted from E3 then I understand, because it's likely to be a packed event, but a no show at TGS and I will be handing out sandwiches... of the knuckle variety.

I wouldn't complain. Not a great game by any means, but that's what sequels are for - to write the wrongs and improve on the predecessor. There's a lot of potential where Heavenly Sword is involved.

That studio needs a lot of luck, they should put their next game on each and every console.

Elios83

vader nooo.gif

Well it doesn't make a lot of sense for both Sony and Guerrilla to talk about an other game PS4 game when they have Killzone 4 to promote for launch.
Media Molecule also seems a better fit for Gamescom, they're trying to do something more creative and it needs more space to be understood, something they can't have at E3 considering the amount of things they have to talk about.
Santa Monica and Naughty Dog both seem very comfortable and well fit for E3 events :p I'd be disappointed if after promoting TLOU, Naughty Dog didn't show what's next even if it's just a 'vision trailer' like the Uncharted 2006 trailer.
Quantic Dream has already showcased something about their new PS4 game/technology so maybe now they're ready for the next step (notwithstading the fact that Beyond could be a PS4 launch window title as well...its release has been delayed for business reasons).
And let's not forget about Ready at Dawn.

I was thinking about these things as well.
Too many coincidences, also Tameem Antoniades was in the official PS4 developer trailers among with Yamauchi, Stig Asmussen and others. He seemed a bit out of place...unless...
Maybe they're really trying to give HS an other chance? Although it's not something that Sony usually tends to do, when they're done with something...they're usually done :D
I think I can investigate on this :p I don't know if I'll be successful though =)

Ark

I agree with you that yeah, they won't be perfect, nobody ever is. But seeing mark cerny on stage for the ps4 unveil really showed the difference in approach between old and new sony. I really want to see mark cerny on stage for e3, he's such a refreshing image for sony.

We already have the Cerny method, now we have the Cerny Effect. I absolutely agree though, I'd rather see Cerny on stage in E3 detailing the new UI and such than anyone else. I don't think that's going to happen, but I could be wrong considering that Cerny is the lead on the PS4 development.

Speaking of Cerny though, are people here interested in Knack? It grabbed my curiosity during the PS4 reveal, but the more I look at it the more I think it could be really quite good. I'll most likely be picking it up.

Lol. But in all seriousness, I will throw the mother of all tantrums if we don't see Gravity Rush 2 at some point in the coming months. If it's in the making and it's omitted from E3 then I understand, because it's likely to be a packed event, but a no show at TGS and I will be handing out sandwiches... of the knuckle variety.

The only excuse I will accept for no GR2 is if Sony has moneyhatted Silent Hill IP and put Team Siren on the job.

jiggle

howzabout dark cloud 3, folk soul 2, legend of dragoon 2

just no more WKC

speaking of
i hope we see what lv5 is working on

electro

Banned
Andy Serkis was rocking a Ninja Theory shirt at the Hobbit set.

Believe!

Never even noticed that, that's very cool!!

If Heavenly Sword 2 does become a reality, Sony will probably aim to rope in the God of War fans with similar gameplay - I don't think we'll be seeing a glimpse of next-gen Kratos until E3 2014 at the earliest.

sunnz

Honestly, if SONY can make a blockbuster GETAWAY game and put in the quality and detail similar to GTA games, I REALLY think it could be a success in the UK and help them a lot there, and worldwide.

I mean as 1 to 1 location as possible, include the main cities that you can travel to and such, focusing on the usual underground crime and stuff.

Could be big. Sleeping giant franchise IMO.

Why I think just? Just do.

We already have the Cerny method, now we have the Cerny Effect. I absolutely agree though, I'd rather see Cerny on stage in E3 detailing the new UI and such than anyone else. I don't think that's going to happen, but I could be wrong considering that Cerny is the lead on the PS4 development.

Speaking of Cerny though, are people here interested in Knack? It grabbed my curiosity during the PS4 reveal, but the more I look at it the more I think it could be really quite good. I'll most likely be picking it up.

I think it looks awesome, it reminds me of Ape Escape!

in hopeful sony actually seizes this opportunity and doesn't fuck up simply for the sake of japanese console gaming. wii u is a total non-starter and neo-microsoft couldnt give less of a shit about japan.

i'd like to see an aggressive courting of japanese developers much like microsoft did circa 2006-2007.

It seemed like people have warmed up to it more since the PS Meeting reveal. If anything its a breath of fresh air to see something like that at a non-Nintendo conference.

Shinta

Banned
The only excuse I will accept for no GR2 is if Sony has moneyhatted Silent Hill IP and put Team Siren on the job.

I'd be shocked if we don't get a GR 2. It's just a matter of time.

Initially? No. But I've warmed up to quite a bit, and am now really looking forward to it.

waypoetic

Banned
Man, Syphon Filter sucks :( I got it off of PS+ last year and... Those controls! Fuck. I gave it like a half an hour and couldn't bare myself to go on struggling. I deleted it after that "experience".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom